Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#22376 - 01/09/03 01:20 AM ICBM and DTS LFE Boost
subs Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Hi-

I own a Harman Kardon AVR 520 and I have read about how the LFE channel is -10dB from where it should be when used in the DTS mode for movies. I have noticed this to be true when compared with Dolby Digital (i.e. LOTR, Moulin Rouge).

The AVR520 is unable to boost only the LFE channel when the speaker settings are positioned to SMALL (which is what I would prefer to use given I have bookshelf speakers [Axiom M22ti's]).

Has anybody used the ICBM to account for this LFE deficit with their setups? I noticed that the ICBM is able to attenuate the LFE by -10dB. I was thinking that I could set up my receiver to attenuate all channels (except for the subwoofer output) by -10dB and then use the ICBM to also attenuate the non-LFE bass portion of the subwoofer output while selectively either keeping constant or attenuating the LFE portion of the subwoofer output.

Does anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks!

#22377 - 06/26/03 12:05 AM Re: ICBM and DTS LFE Boost
hammick Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Kansas City, Missouri, USA
I just bought an ICBM and would like to know more about the DTS issue with my H/K AVR520. Is this -10db issue a bug or is that the way it is suppose to work?

Where can I read about this problem?

#22378 - 06/26/03 11:28 AM Re: ICBM and DTS LFE Boost
subs Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Hi-

You can find information on a few of the other home theater discussion forums. Here are a few places: www.hometheaterforum.com and www.hometheaterspot.com.

A particular thread that mentions it may be found here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/...ght=520+and+LFE

(You may have to paste that URL into your browser directly. I got there by going to www.hometheaterforum.com and doing a search on "520 and LFE" in their Receiver/Separates section).

Who's Online
0 registered (), 79 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM