Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#22363 - 12/12/02 02:22 AM 2 distinct sub outputs
rdeblock Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: San Jose, CA USA
Let me start out by saying I do not have an ICBM, yet, and I was unable to find the downloadable user guide.
I need 2 separate subwoofer outputs - one for my subwoofer and another for my butt thumper (sorry. My Clark Synthesis Tactile Transducer - a $500 vibrator that mounts under your couch or floor, hooks up to a subwoofer-output-driven-amplifier and puts you smack dab in the middle of the action - great for movies. Not so great for music). I want to feed a mixed LFE signal plus bass from other channels to my subwoofer but I only want to send LFE to the butt thumper. Does the ICBM do this? If not, please consider this an official request for a product enhancement.

#22364 - 12/12/02 07:41 AM Re: 2 distinct sub outputs
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
A PDF file of the manual can be downloaded right here if you want to check it out. The ICBM does have two subwoofer outputs, but they do not support the sort of configuration you describe.

On the other hand, if you have a separate pre-amp and amp for the home theater (or receiver acting as pre-amp), you could put an ICBM between the pre-amp and the amp. That would allow you to set the pre-amp to output a pure LFE sub signal and full-range signals for the other speakers. You could split the LFE from the pre-amp, with one cable going to the butt thumper and the other going to the ICBM's sub input. The full-range signals would also go to the ICBM, which would provide bass management for the speakers and subwoofer.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#22365 - 12/12/02 12:03 PM Re: 2 distinct sub outputs
rdeblock Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: San Jose, CA USA
Gunslinger,

Your solution is way too simple and I'm ashamed that I didn't think of it. The butt thumper and it's amp don't have gain control so I was hoping to get a volume control for it out of this setup. I can work around that, tho. Thank you.

Also, thank you for the link to the ICBM user guide. Can you also provide a link to the user guide for the 950?

#22366 - 12/12/02 01:25 PM Re: 2 distinct sub outputs
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Ask and ye shall receive...

Model 950 manual PDF

Glad I could help!

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#22367 - 12/12/02 05:46 PM Re: 2 distinct sub outputs
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
I think Gonk rides the 'white' horse around here. You know the one the rescuer alway rides in on.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 87 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM