Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#220 - 08/17/01 05:30 PM 1050 Remote Batteries
MojoRisin Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Warsaw, IN, USA
Quick question to present/past owners of a 1050: has anyone experienced unbelievable battery-draining incidents with the 1050 remote?

I purchased a 1050 &750 together, and everything works fantastically....with the exception of the 2 AA batteries residing in the remote. Brand new Duracell, EverReady, Fuji....makes no difference. A pair of fresh batteries last no more than two weeks, and the kicker is that I watch two DVDs per week...that's the only use the remote gets (turning the unit on, adjusting the volume, turning the unit off).

Suggestions and/or remedies would be fully appreciated.

#221 - 08/17/01 06:13 PM Re: 1050 Remote Batteries
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I've never had a problem with battery life and what you're experiencing definitely sounds fishy, so I'll toss out one somewhat unlikely "environmental" explanation before I assume it's a defect in the remote: does the backlight stay on for an unusually long time (mine only stays on for a few seconds after a button is pushed), or do you have any pets or kids around that might find it fun to sit on the remote or push buttons to look at the backlight? (Yes, I do have a kitten at home ) Heavy backlight use would certainly shorten the battery life. Otherwise, from what you describe I'd begin to suspect a problem somewhere in the remote.

#222 - 08/20/01 11:10 AM Re: 1050 Remote Batteries
MojoRisin Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Warsaw, IN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
I've never had a problem with battery life and what you're experiencing definitely sounds fishy, so I'll toss out one somewhat unlikely "environmental" explanation before I assume it's a defect in the remote: does the backlight stay on for an unusually long time (mine only stays on for a few seconds after a button is pushed), or do you have any pets or kids around that might find it fun to sit on the remote or push buttons to look at the backlight? (Yes, I do have a kitten at home ) Heavy backlight use would certainly shorten the battery life. Otherwise, from what you describe I'd begin to suspect a problem somewhere in the remote.

Gonk-

Thanks for the reply. I live alone, no animals/children playing with the remote. After I posted my original message, the remote took a dump on me that evening (no power button function, no blue backlight and the red sensor light blinks continuously no matter which button I push. So, it's going back to the Boys @ Outlaw for either maintenance or replacement. Thanks again for the comments.

#223 - 08/20/01 11:28 AM Re: 1050 Remote Batteries
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Oooh, sounds like a sick remote all right. Hopefully a replacement will get you back on track, though.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts