Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#22268 - 09/28/05 02:15 PM Re: Ad Contest
Mitch Coak Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I like the overall layout/look.

What I am uncertain about is the target audience.

The use of acronyms in the ad makes it difficult for a newbie to understand the features.

My $0.02.

#22269 - 09/28/05 06:03 PM Re: Ad Contest
Ranger1000 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Minnesota
My first impression was that the Robin Hood theme was lame. The green hat on the 1070 really turns me off. I understand the Robin Hood concept, but I picture my Outlaw's with more of a Western theme. Like "Hey, look what these Outlaws made away with ... and so forth.

When I see that green hat I just keep hearing, "We are men, men in tights!

Also, instead of referring to direct inputs, say 7.1 inputs instead.

In addition, the back of this amp is downright beautiful, and should definately be shown in the ad.

#22270 - 09/28/05 06:32 PM Re: Ad Contest
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
id say "full-featured" instead of "fully-featured".

put a comma after "Powerful", "yet...".

why is King's capitalized? you arent talking about any king in specific. same goes for Sheriff...

instead of "it's hardly enough" say "it wasn't enough" or "hasn't been enough". that will tie in that next sentence properly.

start the text directly under the left side of the image (left aligned) that way you can fit more text in OR better yet, get some spacing on the different statements. (like how i have this post formatted in spacing)-makes it much easier to read.

black background and white text is one of the hardest things to read. id recommend pulling that tree image down and having it light colored with features text being black.

have more features listed.-plenty of space in that area, you should fill it up more and have it start across from the text at the left (i.e. up more)

that font for the text at the top is awful.

id take out info/customer service and just list the phone #.

having the "the best values..." underneath the phone number is bad placement, you cant click the phone number. take it out or put it near the url.

the robin hood theme is kind of lame, but with a less cheesy hat, it may be ok.

maybe put a small pic of the back of the unit above the features if you dont list more of them...

1st and 2nd paragraphs pretty much say the same thing.

"how do we" should be "how can we".

id put the outlaw logo and stuff at the bottom right instead of breaking up the text where it is now. that might be a good place for the back pic...

instead of "how to steal like an outlaw", something like "now you can steal like an outlaw too" or something like that.

#22271 - 09/28/05 06:36 PM Re: Ad Contest
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
i disagree with putting the word audiophile anywhere in the ad or any ad ever. it is very cliche, and turns me off to whatever else you are trying to say. audiophile says to me snobby, i dont think outlaw is trying to attract that type of person by being value minded.

#22272 - 09/28/05 09:27 PM Re: Ad Contest
zman Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: W Htfd
The ad is Ok as stands but how about a different slogan? You need to hook the reader.

"It only seems like stealing, Be an Outlaw"

#22273 - 09/29/05 11:34 AM Re: Ad Contest
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
I think the ad is to the point and clearly conveys your message, but I prefer the Western sense of the word Outlaw. Like others have mentioned, the green was the first thing I noticed. Nice way of bringing it back.

#22274 - 09/29/05 05:09 PM Re: Ad Contest
DDavid Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New York
Just my opinion. At first glance, it seems to be too green and the picture of the hat too fake. I think you should make the hat smaller and let the 1070 stand out more. It didn't exactly give me the feeling of quality built low price audio from the inception. I'm new to outlaw and I think their products are grrrreat. This ad should make the normal Joe think "wow,high end low price". The fonts need to change. There are some capitalization issues. Outlaw is doing great by not using a woman in a bikini posing with the products. You guys stand behind your products and are well respected by me and I'm sure others as well. Keep it up.

#22275 - 09/29/05 09:27 PM Re: Ad Contest
joeyjoe Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
I like the robin hood idea but the ad seems a little cheesy in its quality. I think you should maybe try a different font for the lead line. The outlaw's provide first class product and service at a great price but the ad doesn't seems to inspire confidence in the quality of the products. I think the outlaws need to push the idea that at the same money there is no competition with the same quality.

#22276 - 09/29/05 11:49 PM Re: Ad Contest
kugumby Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: St. Louis, MO USA
I have to admit that I didn't care for it right away. After I read the copy, I liked it a little better, but then someone mentioned that Sherwood would be a better place for it and I have to agree.

I like your current ads in HT. To the point, nothing really flashy. Just solid. It fits your image. If you're going to depart, stick with your current branding. Wild West. The Jesse James suggestion obviously did not come from someone from the Brady Bunch generation. We learned, as did Bobby, that Jesse James was a coward that shot dudes in the back. We don't want him being the Outlaw spokesperson! wink

I'm thinking more along the lines of Clint Eastwood in any spaghetti western....

#22277 - 09/30/05 08:06 AM Re: Ad Contest
asim Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Maryland
The add is good. I don't think you have to always focus on adds that have to do with outlaws. I'd focus more on what makes you outlaws in the audio industry, what differentiates you from traditional brick and morter stores. Get people thinking "out"side the box of conventional high end audio purchasing, the benefits of buying direct etc.
SVS PB2-ISD
Onkyo Receiver ....saving for an Outlaw combo.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts