Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#22219 - 01/30/05 01:08 PM Re: New Contest
MacDog Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: NC
Okay - fun answer

An implant that can be put in my head so that I can listen to music anywhere and any volume without anyone else hearing it.

You'd be able to hear the sound exactly the way you want...

No more - turn that down, I don't like that, my speakers don't sound good, your system stinks, I wanna go to sleep

I don't have to hear your music eek

Some might worry about mind control, but the way I see it my mind's worthless to anyone but me laugh

#22220 - 01/30/05 10:07 PM Re: New Contest
harp795 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Louisville, KY
Affordable 50" or greater flat panel LCD or Plasma televisions. That way I could send high quality video feeds of my Outlaw 950 and 775 to everyroom in my house....in case I begin to miss them......which is anytime I'm not with them.
AWWWWW

Seriously, If Gateway, Dell, Vizio, BenQ etc..etc.. can do it, the Outlaws can do it to perfection.

#22221 - 01/30/05 10:14 PM Re: New Contest
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
A univeral CD/DVD player with SACD/DVD-Audio and perhaps DVD-HD. I know it isn't original but it's what I want from the outlaws. The reason is simple I want such a device and I want it made right.

My funny responce will have to come later because I seriously need some sleep right now.

#22222 - 01/31/05 09:31 AM Re: New Contest
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
I would like an Outlaw Jet Pack. Why you ask. Because we were promised these things as kids but nobody ever delivered. What does a Jet Pack have to do with Audio Equipment. Well, quite frankly, nothing. Then why have the outlaws build it ? Because we can trust the Outlaws to produce a JetPack with real power not just power that looks good in the specs.

One Note: I would prefer not to participate in the Beta of such a device.

#22223 - 02/01/05 01:51 AM Re: New Contest
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mountain View, CA, USofA
A video scaler / video switchbox.

Hook all your video sources to it and connect your display(s) (up to ? many). Select the input and select the output and the input image is scaled to the selected settings for that output.

Of course, the output scaling is up to 1080p widescreen output.

Of course, it has 12v trigger input and output and stunningly good looks. The image quality is beyond reproach and the firmware is updatable via a usb?, firewire? network? connector. There are a series of digital audio inputs that can be selected and assigned to any of the digital outputs. And of course it has a pretty green power button.

Paul

#22224 - 02/01/05 02:32 AM Re: New Contest
panic Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Simple. An Outlaw Certification System.

Use all the money that companies and consumers spend on this THX-like certification system to buy non-Outlaw Certified speakers for yourself like the non-THX certified B&W 802s at the Skywalker Ranch.

Plus, you're more likely to meet an Outlaw at a ranch than a Skywalker anyway. smile

#22225 - 02/01/05 11:53 AM Re: New Contest
bestbang4thebuck Offline
Desperado

Loc: Maryland
I think Paul has touched a good point.

We generally tout several advantages of separates. One such advantage is not replacing both amplifier and processing sections merely because a new mode of processing becomes available. In my opinion the consumer world is approaching what has been true in the professional and purest markets: the separate processing of audio and video.

To this end, three paths are apparent to me: the separate box approach, the modular approach, and a hybrid of the two.

While there are many similarities between my HT and any other HT, there can be significant differences as well. Generally, when one tries to make one box do-it-all, one either does not have all the future capability that is needed or one pays for the inclusion of capabilities that go unused. Even with software/firmware upgrades, eventually some of the hardware will not accommodate the changes needed.

Because different video and audio standards are developing independently and come to market without enforced compatibility or coordination, I may need to update my video processing one year and my audio processing another year. Therefore, I wish to either change out modules in a cage or replace just the appropriate processor handling the function being upgraded.

Am I advocating three, four or five separate boxes, all with their own remotes or remote codes all needing independent commands and the user needing at a year of training to properly program all the necessary parameters? No.

If modular, then the command processing, the audio processing and the video processing can each be on one or more electronics boards that can slide in and slide out of a card cage. The connectors are a part of the card so that one can choose balanced or unbalanced for either audio inputs or outputs (one would not have to choose all balanced or unbalanced); BNC, RCA or multi-pin for video, etc. The card cage provides a power supply and signal interconnectivity between modules. One could also add enough digital data storage to the unit to be a small, medium or large library.

The same principle could be applied to separates, however all the separates could share the same command structure, wired, optical or wirelessly. No matter how a remote command is sent and received, it is distributed on the network that exists between the various processors, interpreted by the command processor, and finally data messages are then sent from the command processor to the other processors affecting the individual changes that obtain the overall desired results.

One could go so far as to have a programmable command processor, a modular audio processor, a modular video processor, a modular data storage system, even drives to handle various source material, all on a unified command structure and able to be upgraded via software and hardware. Add to this network receivers, active crossovers, and multiple amplifiers or multi-channel amplifiers or powered transducers at each loudspeaker location as suits the system.

But wait, there’s more! If you order within the next 30 minutes … oops, wrong script. What I meant to say was, as a boon to customer service and product loyalty, each unit or module carries a trade-in value with the manufacturer. When it comes time to upgrade an individual component, the previous component is not worthless junk.

Last but not least, this whole system should still cost less than your house – hopefully much less than half the cost of the average new car – but with a trade-in value on the still useful quality components that rivals the percentage of original value carried by well-built cars that are in demand as used vehicles.

As for 'certification,' since this system would already meet or exceed many consumer standards but the company would not necessarily find spending money on the licensing fees a necessity, one could pay more for a slightly different model where the box has these decorations.

OK, I don’t expect this dream to really come true, but maybe a portion of it?

#22226 - 02/03/05 01:24 AM Re: New Contest
wingnut4772 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Miami
Well..as long as we are dreaming...I would love to see Outlaw break into the car audio market with a really nice 4 channel amp so my car can sound as great as my home theater.

Also... a DVD player as mentioned before BUT....with HD-DVD, SACD, etc. Since HD DVD s are supposed to be out this year ,this is not too far fetched.

And , last but not least, a really good 12 step program to help me deal with this addiction. You enablers, you!

#22227 - 02/04/05 09:28 AM Re: New Contest
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
So any winners yet?

What's the deadline for this contest?

#22228 - 02/04/05 10:21 AM Re: New Contest
Scott Offline
Desperado

Let's give it until Sunday night 2/6 12:00PM EST with winners announced on Monday!

Scott

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts