Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#22209 - 01/27/05 02:14 PM Re: New Contest
kugumby Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: St. Louis, MO USA
You've already dug into the sub market, how about some matched L/C/R speakers that would, of course, handle music as faithfully as they handle HT?

What I'd REALLY like to see is all of your products come with some kind of supersonic, subliminal hypnotic tone you could play over your system that would force your spouse into acceptance that the HT system IS the most important part of your home.

I can see it now....do,do,do do,do,do

"You know honey, I DO hear that now....Hey, go ahead and turn it up louder! By the way, you really should upgrade to separates!"

#22210 - 01/27/05 02:35 PM Re: New Contest
AGAssarsson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington, DC, USA
Seriously... How about a professional grade multi-channel (7,8 or 9) unbalanced to balanced (and balanced to unbalanced) transformer unit that could be intergrated into processor loops or between the preamp and the amp(s). It could give new life to a lot of fine old equipment, including vintage Outlaw gear someday. I could probably use two or three of these myself.

Not so seriously... How about a companion to the LFM-1... The ULFM-1, the Ultra Low Frequnecy Module-One. A transducer that can be physically bolted to the seating, floor or wall structure, and operating in that ever so elusive 5-25 Hz range. The product would, of course, be sold with a very robust limitation of liability agreement, which would be executed in the presence of a Notaty Public, and returned to Outlaw before they would release the "ULFM-1 Enable Code" to the user. Residents of Apartment Buildings, Condominiuns, Co-Ops and Attached Row-houses would require additional approvals before getting their "ULFM-1 Enable Code".

#22211 - 01/27/05 07:45 PM Re: New Contest
Az Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta GA
How about starting a band and giving us some lovely music to listen to on our pride and joys?

#22212 - 01/27/05 08:03 PM Re: New Contest
vince Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Hi all, I would like to see the Outlaws develope an affordable HDTV receiver with a steller video scaler built-in. One box to reveive and upconvert HDTV.

#22213 - 01/27/05 10:40 PM Re: New Contest
LarryTT Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Long Island, NY
My Serious ideas...

I would like to see a few features added to various products. For the Pre/Pro and Receivers I would like to see the following:

1. Some sort of MP3 input port. Maybe add both a 1/8" as well as an iPod port on either the front of back.

2. Add an RJ45 plug onto the back for those with a wired home network so we could stream audio directly through out server and throughout the house. This would do away with the need for a Media PC to connect to the audio gear. It wouldn't be too expensive since people have been integrating them in cars for a while, so everything has been miniaturized already. smile

Would like to see either a phono pre-amp added to the Pre/Pro and receiver or create one from scratch. Some of us still like to listen to our turntables. smile

Tongue in Cheek idea:

Be different from everyone else out there. Shut down the website and just open a brick and mortar store. Start making outlandish claims like another New England Company; who will remain nameless in ads in every magazine that DOESN'T sell Audio gear. Then the next month contact Best Buy and Circuit City to get the complete product line onto their store shelves. After the above has been accomplished you should be getting ready for Fall CES and the launch of your new product line... a webhosting company! With your old servers you have to have something for them to do. smile

#22214 - 01/27/05 11:23 PM Re: New Contest
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
1. A DVD Player

2. A DVD Player

Take you pick as to which is associated with what. :p

#22215 - 01/28/05 01:16 AM Re: New Contest
boblinds Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Los Angeles
A non-invasive food additive that temporarily makes wives see Outlaw preamps/receivers as new ovens and Outlaw amplifiers as new dishwashers. Willingness to accept a simple "the installers will be here any day" story would also be one of the side-effects.

Effects of the additive would only have to last for 30-days or until the end of a typical Outlaw trial period, whichever is longest.

#22216 - 01/28/05 11:35 AM Re: New Contest
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
I think Outlaw should develop a "Reference" line of amplifiers. Consisting of a statement-type monoblock amp and 2,3 and 7 channel multi-channel amps, this series would compete with the high-end of amplifier design. As typical for Outlaw, prices would be set at least half as much as expected to be. Why? Outlaw staked its claim with amplifiers and it's time to lay down some new ground rules.

Not so seriously, Outlaw should develop the Ultimate Home Theater Guide Book. All questions and answers would be taken directly from Saloon postings. If any duplicate questions then appeared on the Saloon, the group reply would be to, "RTFGB!" laugh

#22217 - 01/28/05 09:22 PM Re: New Contest
Az Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta GA
Quote:
Originally posted by boblinds:
A non-invasive food additive that temporarily makes wives see Outlaw preamps/receivers as new ovens and Outlaw amplifiers as new dishwashers. Willingness to accept a simple "the installers will be here any day" story would also be one of the side-effects.

This kind of power could be used for so many things... for good of course. Never for evil...

#22218 - 01/30/05 01:01 PM Re: New Contest
MacDog Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: NC
Outlaw should develop a HT PC...

One with a outrageously large HD and the ability to add more later

Handles all video and audio switching with video upconversion

Multiple Inputs and outputs with the ability to add more

Tivo capabilities including recording HD programs

USB ports to attach MP3 player and other portable devices

Be able toplay any disc thrown at it including CD, DVD, DVD-A, SACD, HD-DVD, Blu-ray

Flash drives

Ability to wirelessly stream audio signals to high quality wireless speakers - okay another topic all together...

Wireless connection to my other PC's

Surf the web

easily controlled by remote

AND most of all...It's dead quiet

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts