Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#2213 - 05/20/02 07:55 PM "Hissing" sound + capacitor schematic?
kujei Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Beaverton, OR, USA
I got my 1050 more than a month ago. Great product.

Somewhere down the line, I also got myself 3 X Marantz 6100 Monoblocs to pump more juice to my front mains (B&W 603 S3) and center (B&W LCR 600 S3). The Marantz monoblocs are connected to the pre-outs of the 1050. Even when no audio is being played, I noticed a pronounced "hissing" in the tweeters. The "hissing" is not there if the Marantz is not connected to the 1050. It is also very faint when the speakers are connected to the 1050 directly. I probably did not configure my system correctly and I would appreciate any advice to overcome this problem. In the meantime, I also ordered some DH Labs BL-II RCA interconnects to see if that would alleviate the problem.

Second question. My surrounds are driven by the 1050 (no external amp). By not using the 1050 to drive my front 3 speakers, is more current being is routed to the rear channels? In other words, there are some big capacitors in the 1050, if the fronts are not drawing from them, are they bus-ed to drive the rear channels?

#2214 - 05/21/02 04:16 PM Re: "Hissing" sound + capacitor schematic?
kujei Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Beaverton, OR, USA
I should have checked more discussion threads first, as it seems to have happened to many others. This is more of a power problem called "ground loop", mainly arising from Cable TV signals and improper grounding of household circuits.

http://www.smr-home-theatre.org/Ground-Loops/

I talked to the Outlaw guys this morning and they refered me to page 14 of the 750 manual on how to debug this issue.

I would still like to find out about the schematic of the capacitors on the 1050.

Outlaw rocks, so don't get the wrong impression!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts