Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#22053 - 04/27/05 03:04 PM Couple questions about 755
donblackie Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I just got my outlaw 755 amplifier. The system makes a small buzzing sound independent of whether or not the volume is turned up or down. The buzzing can only be heard when my outlaw 1050 (I am using it as the pre/pro for now) is turned on. The buzzing sound was not there when I had my carver amps hooked up to the 1050. Any ideas what this could be?

Also, I hooked this amp up with anticipation that it would sound a lot better than my Carver amp but the difference is only minimal.

What do you think my next step should be to get hair raising sound?

Here is my setup:

DVD - NAD T550 (Running coax to the 1050..should i be running fiber for better sound?)

Pre/Pro - Outlaw 1050
Amplifier - Outlaw 755
Mains - Martin Logan Quest
Surrounds - Martin Logan CLSIIz
Center - B&W CC6
Sub - Outlaw LFM1

Currently I am using less than stellar component cables to connect the 755 to the 1050. Would upgrading these help a great deal? What else should I upgrade to get great quality sound? I feel like I bought pretty decent components but I am not getting the sound that I expect. Any ideas?

#22054 - 04/27/05 03:40 PM Re: Couple questions about 755
sluggo Offline
Desperado

Loc: Plano, TX
Your buzzing sound looks like a ground loop in your system. If your interconnects are cheap they may be allowing some magnetic interference - and the transformers in your carver may not have been as active in this arena. If you're looking for a reasonably priced cable upgrade, Outlaw's own gets generally good marks in the forum.

If your residential wiring is the culprit, you may wish to buy a cheap circuit tester at home depot to check the proper ground on the outlet.

If your rig isn't using a power conditioner (ie, Panamax, TrippLite or Monster), that's a good way to solve this problem, albeit more expensive. Most of their units allow you to connect phone, network, and/or coax cabling to minimize this effect.

#22055 - 04/27/05 05:10 PM Re: Couple questions about 755
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
is it possible when you hooked up the new amp you let the cables from 1050 to 755 get 'intertwined' with speaker or power cables?
since this wasn't present before,that is the first thing i'd check.
make sure to keep them separate.
as far as the coax from the dvd,they say that is more 'pure' than optical,but they are both virtually immune to interference so it's basically your call.

#22056 - 04/27/05 08:57 PM Re: Couple questions about 755
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
they make ground loop isolators.

i think i should design one and call it an extreme groud loop isolator and id be rich.

#22057 - 04/28/05 05:13 AM Re: Couple questions about 755
wingnut4772 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Miami
I had a hum in my 770 after the cable guys came and messed with the ground. Do you have a cable or satellite box hooked up to your system? If so, try unplugging the cable and see if it stops. When I had my 7100, a lamp plugged in on the same circuit was a culprit.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts