Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#21753 - 02/01/08 05:58 PM Pipe Organ Music
Nostalgia Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
A disc I was sent by our own Soundhound many years ago when the topic of organ music came up.

My current system:
Outlaw 950/7100
GR-Research A/V-2's fronts and center
JBL surrounds
Shiva III in a 24" cube ported enclosure
PartsExpress plate amp

The music is awe-inspiring. It fills my head and gives me chills. I can feel the floor moving under my feet. I can hear every note, every echo in the hall. It's a visceral experience that I highly recommend smile

I can't imagine what this would be like in a room designed for home theater. As it is I'm getting a ton of vibration from all of the cabinet doors, picture frames and whatnot. I wish my house were big enough to dedicate a room, but alas - next house.

This Shiva has FAR exceeded my expectations. The amount of clean bass cranked out by this box is nothing short of shocking.

-Joe

#21754 - 02/01/08 09:57 PM Re: Pipe Organ Music
Videodrome Offline
Desperado

Loc: Fairfax Station, VA
I'll have to look for that one on Amazon!

One in my collection I reach for to test bass is a Paul Hindemith organ works CD. Not sure if it's in print anymore.

When I worked in audio, (20 years ago) a customer of ours had this CD and kept blowing up his speakers with it. Finally, he brought it in the store to see if we had any speakers that could handle a passage with a pedal note on the order of 15-16 Hz. When it hits, it just starts making the woofers/subwoofer go crazy.

Of course, I picked up a copy for myself. Though it's sort of an oddity -- and I'm not overly fond of the music -- it's been a keeper, because I don't think I've ever found a system that can handle that passage at normal listening levels.
Squeezebox -> Behringer SRC2496 -> Musiland MD10 DAC
Sota Sapphire; Marantz 10B;
Video: Hitachi 42HDS52A; Oppo 971H
System Pics

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts