An obvious choice for Outlaws! Cowboys... get it? Ok, never mind. Jeez.
I'd classify this as an 'interesting' recording, not the ultimate demo that some reviewers seem to think it is. The music, like the recording is very laid back. Margo Timmins has a nice breathy delivery and the recording with a single mic in the churchy venue has a lot of ambience and clarity. Not flashy but impressive if you are in the mood.
The one thing that killed me however is a sub-sonic rumble that required me to turn off my sub. I'm not sure how these things creep into recordings? Didn't the studio have decent monitors? I've heard very odd low frequency effects from a few recordings - as if they were recorded but not heard by the engineers. They must be in the sub 30Hz range so most speakers wouldn't reveal them but hey, I figure if it's on the CD then you should be hearing it!
Any similar experiences out there? Or am I doing something wrong? Doesn't seem to make any difference if I set the sub to LFE or LF/RF. Fronts to Large and no sub takes care of it.