Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#21556 - 03/23/05 10:11 AM Re: The Incredibles
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
It has been said in a few reviews that this is an adult oriented movie that is suited for family type viewing. My kids enjoyed it on a different level than my wife and I.

#21557 - 03/23/05 11:40 PM Re: The Incredibles
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
Quote:
Originally posted by Cargo:
Jason, I'll try the tip out on the 2nd disc. Did you find that it did not have as much humor as you expected?
I was initially surprised by the scene from the trailer not being featured in the movie. Over watching the film, however, I found that the film didn't need that kind of "slapstick" type humor and I'm kinda glad the director, Brad Bird, left it out. Actually, now that I think about it, Pixar films in general favor more involved humor than many, silly slapstick moments. It's also one of the main reasons that I think their movies are so successful. That and that the movies are story driven rather than dependent on different scenes. It all adds up to an intensity that drives the films beyond the pure technical achievements they represent.

Here's my own little thought about what Pixar represents as presenters of fantasy family entertainment with an adult touch. In the beginning, there was Disney. For the next generation of kids, they were followed by Warner Bros Cartoons. The next generation, including myself, got the Muppets. Now, there's Pixar. In all of those companies, as Cadboy correctly stated, they produce films that are enjoyable on both the kid and adult level. Basically, it's family enterntainment without the need for bathroom humor. (Although, when they do decide to throw it in, you laugh your socks off) cool

Two quick questions:

1) Is this your first Pixar DVD? I say this because if you watch the behind the scenes on all of their DVD releases, you really get a feel for the company behind the movies and the way they make them. They're all made story first and then they work out the technical challenges. It really changes the perspective of what an animated film should feel like.

2) Have you watched Brad Bird's other film, "The Iron Giant." It's a great animated film that sort of gives a little bit of perspective of where "The Incredibles" came from.

To finally answer the original question: Yes, I thought the movie had the perfect amount of humor. smile

#21558 - 03/24/05 12:10 PM Re: The Incredibles
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
Quote:
I was initially surprised by the scene from the trailer not being featured in the movie.
If you remember the initial teasers for Pixar's previous two films (Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc), they were both like the Incredibles trailer: i.e., character introduction in a scene that wasn't part of the film.

#21559 - 03/24/05 04:32 PM Re: The Incredibles
Cargo Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Birmingham, AL
Incredibles was not my first pixar movie. I have Nemo and have seen the toy stories and monsters inc. Now that I think about it you are right. Pixar goes heavier on the story and Dreamworks leans a little more toward the slap stick and one liners like in shrek or shark tale.
I have not seen Iron Giant though.

#21560 - 03/31/05 11:48 AM Re: The Incredibles
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
We got this for the kids on Easter. They wanted to watch it after breakfast.....love them kids!

Awesome movie, picture-Q and sound! My only gripe with Disney/Pixar DVD's is the EX encoding not being able to be deactivated. It automatically triggers the 1050 into 6.1 mode, even though I only run 5.1!

This may not be limited to the Disney/Pixar discs, however my LOTR DVDs offer DD-EX, yet do not force my system to decode it.

This may only be a decoder issue, as many have stated that the 950 does not share this issue.

A recent movie we watched, I think it was "Sky Captain" or something, triggered the 6.1 decoding in the 1050, yet I was able to switch it off and not have it try to reactivate.

#21561 - 03/31/05 12:19 PM Re: The Incredibles
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
It's a combination of a newer EX flag format and the 1050's proprietary 6.1 processing (which was designed before Dolby established the format for these flags). Some of the early flags can be overridden, but the newest version of the flags cannot.

#21562 - 03/31/05 09:25 PM Re: The Incredibles
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
I count myself lucky, then. I actually use the 6.1. laugh

#21563 - 04/10/05 12:57 PM Re: The Incredibles
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
watched it last night/this morning and was not overly impressed with the audio. the movie was pretty good with a few funny moments. i would say it is pretty average.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts