Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#21445 - 08/27/04 12:57 PM Re: olympics
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Yeah, I noticed it sounded different too. Maybe they're trying to Class it up a bit?

[This message has been edited by Cadboy (edited August 27, 2004).]

#21446 - 08/27/04 06:42 PM Re: olympics
Oil Can Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shelbyville, KY, USA
If the IOC wants to "class up" the National Anthem they should have "The President's Own" - United States Marine Band play it. It doesn't get any better.

#21447 - 08/30/04 09:48 AM Re: olympics
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

I'm not saying it needs classing up, I just think the IOC wanted to give it a more International "flavor" by using stringed instruments, seeing as it was played repeatedly

#21448 - 08/30/04 11:45 AM Re: olympics
Oil Can Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shelbyville, KY, USA
I know this is going to offend some people, and this is not my intention, but the IOC can go fly a kite. (I would have worded this differently, but then I would really p**s people off.) “International Flavor”, “The Star Spangled Banner” needs to be played as it was intended. Slightly below march tempo, and by an organization that has earned the right to play it, “The President’s Own”. By the way, there are other anthems that sound best when groups with similar instrumentation perform them. If the IOC wants to really class things up they can have “The Stars and Strips Forever” played after “The Star Spangled Banner”. That would be a major improvement. God, I’m such a homey.

#21449 - 08/30/04 01:13 PM Re: olympics
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

All just speculation on my part, correct or incorrect. I agree it should not have been altered.....just seems wrong. It was meant to be majestic, not balletic!

[This message has been edited by Cadboy (edited August 30, 2004).]

#21450 - 08/30/04 06:05 PM Re: olympics
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally posted by Oil Can:
I know this is going to offend some people, and this is not my intention, but the IOC can go fly a kite. (I would have worded this differently, but then I would really p**s people off.) “International Flavor”, “The Star Spangled Banner” needs to be played as it was intended. Slightly below march tempo, and by an organization that has earned the right to play it, “The President’s Own”. By the way, there are other anthems that sound best when groups with similar instrumentation perform them. If the IOC wants to really class things up they can have “The Stars and Strips Forever” played after “The Star Spangled Banner”. That would be a major improvement. God, I’m such a homey.

Oil Can, what you are saying is perfectly valid.

I wonder what U.S. citizens will think about IOC using synthesizer to play U.S. National Anthem? You know, if they decided to modern it up a little. That would be an insult to this nation.

In this day and age when electronic media transfer is so commonly done, it would make a lot of sense to have each participating country to record their national anthem and send it to IOC.

As shown in this example, relying much on International Committee of this and that may prove to be a disappointment.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts