Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#21366 - 07/04/04 01:40 AM Re: Master and Commander
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Fantastic film, sorry I missed it on the big screen...but great on the 950.

Excelent demo for friends with the cannon shot streaking from center/mains to the surrounds.

#21367 - 08/20/04 11:39 AM Re: Master and Commander
tekdredger Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Franklin, WI
Very good article in the September issue of Stereophile's Ultimate AV magazine (the renamed Stereophile Guide to Home Theater). Interview with sound editor/designer Richard King about the recording process along with some good photos that reminded me of some of soundhound's field work. I found it interesting that they didn't alter the soundtrack for the DVD release and King thinks it sounds better in a smaller space (i.e. home theater) than it does in the cinema.

------------------
Tekdredger

#21368 - 10/18/04 01:34 PM Re: Master and Commander
kugumby Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: St. Louis, MO USA
WHOA!!

I just finally got around to renting this and regardless of whether you think this will be a good movie or not, you should rent it and enjoy the sound. I have a 1050 and LFM-1 and it was a house rattling experience. As previously stated, the cannon blasts are just awesome. The dogs and cats sure perked up with that first attack!

My biggest issue with movies such as this is the spousal "TURN IT DOWN" factor. You know, JUST ONCE, I'd like for my wife to turn to me and say, "WHOA! That was so cool! Play that again, but turn it up!!"

Yeah. Like that'll ever happen.

#21369 - 10/19/04 10:28 AM Re: Master and Commander
rance Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Boston. MA
My wife is president of the 'turn it down' club, but not once did she utter those words while watching this disc, she was so impressed (she came oh so close to admitting the 950/7100 was worth it too, but hey, baby steps). What was just as impressive as the cannon balls ripping through the ship were the muffled kabooms and echo of the cannons firing in the fog, the footsteps up on deck running the length of the ship, the yelling and shouting from everywhere, all done with pinpoint accuracy and realism. It truly made you feel like you were right there on the ship, which is the goal of ht, but unfortunately not always achieved. IMO, one of the best surround sound mixes out there.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts