Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#21337 - 09/20/04 07:27 PM Re: Star Wars Trilogy
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
Just read a disturbing article about audio issues with the Episode 4 disc. Check out the "My Two Cents" report at this website:

www.thedigitalbits.com

The worst issue they bring up is that the score is reversed in the surround channels. That would mean that whatever instrument you're hearing in the front left channel shows up in the back right channel. Could be very annoying....

#21338 - 09/20/04 09:10 PM Re: Star Wars Trilogy
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Best price? $0. I'm not getting it because Lucas has screwed with it so much. I want the original. Sorry to be a sourpuss here.

#21339 - 09/21/04 12:49 AM Re: Star Wars Trilogy
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by JT Clark:
Best price? $0. I'm not getting it because Lucas has screwed with it so much. I want the original. Sorry to be a sourpuss here.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

You are only hurting yourself JT.

------------------
This post has been brought to you by curegeorg, thanks for reading.

#21340 - 09/21/04 05:31 AM Re: Star Wars Trilogy
Lee44 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Portland, Oregon USA
I still have my LD collector's edition, so I can go back anytime I feel the need

The grandkids and I are ready for a SW DVD marathon.

#21341 - 09/21/04 07:56 AM Re: Star Wars Trilogy
jimform2k1 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Windsor, Canada

#21342 - 09/21/04 06:33 PM Re: Star Wars Trilogy
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee44:
I still have my LD collector's edition, so I can go back anytime I feel the need

The grandkids and I are ready for a SW DVD marathon.

Lee44:

It’s up to you but if you want my recommendation, I wouldn’t do it. I tried to do it in the past but I started to get sick of it. You know, same o’l laser blasts, space ships in dogfights, light saver and on and on. The scenes, costumes and actors change but it’s all the same sound.

I think these movies are best experienced one at a time with good day or two rests between. Just my observation.

[This message has been edited by Spiker (edited September 21, 2004).]

#21343 - 09/22/04 10:52 PM Re: Star Wars Trilogy
Wayne Charlton Offline
Gunslinger

#21344 - 09/23/04 04:37 PM Re: Star Wars Trilogy
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
ironic that hd-dvd is sitting around the bend and yet lots of time was spend on enhancing the video, when having the film in hd quality would blow it away.

this is of course assuming that the original transfer could be put into hd format, which i am not at all certain about...

------------------
This post has been brought to you by curegeorg, thanks for reading.

#21345 - 09/23/04 05:25 PM Re: Star Wars Trilogy
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Well, the digital transfer produced by Lowry Digital for these DVD's is actually an HD transfer, and as such could be dropped directly onto HD DVD or Blu-Ray if Lucas chose to. I have my doubts about his ability to give the nod to such a release without "tweaking" the movies further, but at least the foundation for any such future releases (and revisions) that is sitting in Lucasfilm's vaults is now a nice clean digital HD transfer.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

#21346 - 09/23/04 06:32 PM Re: Star Wars Trilogy
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
Wayne:

When I said scenes, costumes and actors (I forgot the creatures) change meant from episode to episode which is fun. My recommendation was in regards to a boredom resulting from overdosing of something. Beer is good (for those who drink) but you know what happens when people overdose it. To see five episodes all in a row may be an overdose for most people.

I can see another edition of SW coming out with a label like “enhanced audio” as I am disappointed at the audio quality of opening title in episode 4. It got little better with episode 5 & 6 but I can’t get rid of this bitter taste as my first impression of this DVD version is just about ruined. The video aspect was good though.

How difficult would it be to replace the music portion of movie with more recent (digital) version when producing DVD? soundhoud or anybody? If Mr. Lucas was willing to replace / add digital images to enhance the story, then I would’ve guessed the same with audio. Time will tell if it really is about “film is never finished”.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 106 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts