Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#2123 - 05/13/02 03:08 PM Observations and questions from a new owner
Jack B Nimble Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Well, my 1050 has finally arrived and i must say that I'm a happy camper so far. The system is matched nicely with a pair of Paradigm monitor 7s, a CC370, PDR10, and ADP170 surrounds.

Just a few observations/questions:

o Sub test on my PDR-10 is barely audible. I realize the sub requires more tweaking than the other speakers but the tone test had me believing that something was wrong. Of course turning up the sub's volume and xovers helped..

o Night mode doesn't appear to work. I have a dolby digital source (DVD) and when i press the night mode button, the red night mode arrow flashes and the display reads OFF for about 5 seconds. Then the arrow disappears and the display returns to normal again. Am i doing something wrong?

o This is nitpicky but is it just me or do the red arrows not line up with the text to the right? (I noticed this while trying to figure out the night mode functionality)

o Is there a way to associate the digital inputs with a source? I'm using a toslink connection from my DVD to 1050 and need to manually select the digital input whenever i change the source (e.g. DVD to/from VCR).

#2124 - 05/13/02 03:55 PM Re: Observations and questions from a new owner
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Jack

Glad that you like the 1050!

1. For what it's worth, I've heard from some other users that they had more luck calibrating their speakers (particularly the sub) using a test disk like AVIA or Video Essentials (either will work) than using the test tones.

2. That one stumps me -- I never used the night mode.

3. I noticed that when I first got mine -- the display is far enough behind the front panel (and more importantly the text on the front panel) that your viewing angle affects the alignment of the arrows. Weird, isn't it?

4. The 1050 is designed to automatically remember what digital input was last used for each source -- so if you switch to DVD and select "OPT1" you can then switch to the VIDEO1 input (which presumably is set to not use any digital input) and the next time you switch back to DVD it will go back to the OPT1 input. Note also that you can associate the same digital input with more than one source. This can be handy if, for example, you use a DVD player for DVD's and for CD's -- you can have the DVD input set to surround and the CD input set to stereo, with both using the same digital input.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#2125 - 05/13/02 04:00 PM Re: Observations and questions from a new owner
charlie Offline
Desperado

(2) Press 'night mode' then press < or > to adjust (0 - 4)

CLV

#2126 - 05/13/02 08:38 PM Re: Observations and questions from a new owner
Jack B Nimble Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Thanks for the quick responses! Definitely one of the intangible values of dealing with Outlaws.

Now if only all companies could facilitate this kind of support for their customers..

Who's Online
0 registered (), 100 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM