Topic Options
#21257 - 02/02/04 08:37 PM Re: Open Range
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Charlton:
boblinds and everyone,

You know, I, for a long time now, have held ...
...best "western" film since Unforgiven. I was, and am, MOST impressed.

Wayne

Wayne, about time you joined in. I was wondering when you’re gonna toss your two cents here. Your posting tends have more herbs and spices. It adds more flavor to the thread which is good. Don’t tell me you haven’t seen The Return of The King yet. There’s a lot to write about.

#21258 - 02/03/04 07:17 PM Re: Open Range
Wayne Charlton Offline
Gunslinger

Duplicate post.

[This message has been edited by Wayne Charlton (edited February 03, 2004).]

#21259 - 02/03/04 07:21 PM Re: Open Range
Wayne Charlton Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiker:
Quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Charlton:
[b]boblinds and everyone,

You know, I, for a long time now, have held ...
...best "western" film since Unforgiven. I was, and am, MOST impressed.

Wayne

Wayne, about time you joined in. Your posting tends have more herbs and spices. It adds more flavor to the thread which is good. Don’t tell me you haven’t seen The Return of The King yet. There’s a lot to write about. [/B]

Spiker,

Were you, like, REALLY HUNGRY when you wrote this? Watching a cooking show? Reading a cook-book maybe?

Honestly, I haven't been to a commercial cinema since Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. For that one, I was forced to drive (literally) 200+ miles and stay the night at a motel in order to make the midnight opening and see it in a "decent" venue (THX).

I would love to see The Return Of The King, but I'm afraid I must wait for the EXTENDED DVD. I wouldn't want anything less than an excellent presentation to taint my perception. I'm certain you will understand.

Wayne

#21260 - 02/03/04 09:30 PM Re: Open Range
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
Wayne:

No, I wasn’t hungry, watching cooking show or reading a cook book. I was trying to use an example that everyone can relate to. Since everyone eats, figure, can’t go wrong with that.

200 miles away from the nearest theater of your choice? That’s rough, especially hearing more and more about it (Golden Globe, Oscar) and having to hold off. As for THX certification, I know it’s been brought up in the saloon and have received mixed opinions, I personally didn’t notice that big of a difference between many of none THX certified ones around where I live. I think some of none certified ones are just as good, kind of like Outlaw Audio.

Even if you travel 200 miles again to see it, I think it will make you feel good about doing it. If you like traveling, why not take your wife to places like LA or Chicago and while you are there, walk into one of many THX certified theaters and knock yourself out. Get two birds with one stone. Just an idea…

#21261 - 02/06/04 10:32 PM Re: Open Range
Javelin909 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Concord,CA
If you enjoy recorded gunfire, don't forget about Quigley Down Under, with Tom Selleck.
The 'report' of the long rifle that Tom shoots is well miked. Other films that have well miked gun action:
HEAT
DESPARDO
FIFTH ELEMENT
TERMINATOR 2&3

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 105 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts