Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#21097 - 09/02/03 05:28 PM Smokey Joe's Cafe
Alejate Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Albany, NY
Have any of you tried "Smokey Joe's Cafe" DVD on GoodTimes? It was its final show on Broadway and was shot in high defintion, (yes it was simulcast on pay-per-view). The quality of the picture and sound is fabulous. The surrounds actual have the room acoustics recorded on them during each selection, nothing artificially recorded here. Give it a try.

#21098 - 09/06/03 06:51 PM Re: Smokey Joe's Cafe
Alejate Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Albany, NY
Okay, am I the only Outlaw that lives in New York and has seen a Broadway play? (ha, ha). This recording is great, and none of you have seen it? Guess I should just stick with reviews about the Matrix and LOR and abandon Broadway, but then I would betray the Outlaw oath. Instead I will saddle up and ride with pride through this desolate land of ours, searching for that lone Broadway Maverick. Okay, so the anesthesia is lasting a little longer than I thought.

#21099 - 12/21/03 03:18 PM Re: Smokey Joe's Cafe
boblinds Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Los Angeles
Calmate, Alejate.

I'll be seeing it when it appears on HBO next month.

#21100 - 12/23/03 01:21 AM Re: Smokey Joe's Cafe
bossobass Offline
Desperado

Loc: charlotte, nc usa
Alejate,

My sis played Anytime Annie in the original cast of 42nd Street.

She's good friends with Adrian Bailey, and just told me the other day that, while in the Big Apple, she visited him.

He said that "kids are coming up to me with wow, your in the Smokey Joe DVD, and I just say I'm grass in The Lion King".

Apparently, Mr. Bailey is understudy to a lead part but is in the chorus as, as he puts it, 'grass'.

I told her about your comments on the quality of the disc and she was very glad to hear it. She said she'll send me a copy. I'll definitely look forward to checkin' it out.

Thanks for the heads up, and small world.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts