Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#21025 - 07/21/03 12:01 PM Re: "U-571"
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
and the kind of bass that massages your backbone.

I can imagine...4x18 to 18!!! SH (bad to the bone) BASS!!!

#21026 - 07/21/03 05:38 PM Re: "U-571"
Larry Fine Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Richmond, Va, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Smart Little Lena:

I can imagine...4x18 to 18!!! /B]

I know. Poor little me, who has to make do with a pair of 15's.

------------------
Larry Fine
www.fineelectricco.com
My system

#21027 - 07/22/03 01:26 AM Re: "U-571"
bossobass Offline
Desperado

Loc: charlotte, nc usa
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Mackwood:

And by the by, the de facto "organ" demo classic on vinyl was, in my opinion, not the real thing, but rather Walter Carlos' Switched-on Bach. Audio magazine (I think) had an article on how to build the ultimate passive home sub (it was huge by today's standards) and used that album in its testing of the version that they built. I wore out two copies of that album.
Regards.

Jeff Mackwood

THERE'S a title I haven't heard mentioned for a long, long time. I too wore a copy of it out in the summer of '71. I had 4-15's (JBL) hooked up and listened to it nearly every night.

#21028 - 07/22/03 07:02 PM Re: "U-571"
bestbang4thebuck Offline
Desperado

Loc: Maryland
Further thoughts on 5Hz signals … even if no one mixed in a 5Hz signal, there could be interference between two frequencies that results in a 5Hz undertone. When two frequencies are mixed, two additional frequencies are created, one at the sum of the two frequencies, one at the difference. These new frequencies also interact with each other and the original two and create even more. The way this all plays out can create pleasant chords or create something rather unpleasant. In any case, if the two fundamental tones happen to be 37Hz and 42Hz, then there will be a 5Hz component to the mix. If one can observe the driver of a subwoofer under such conditions, and if the sub is driven hard, you might see what appears to be some very low frequency, awkward driver movements.

Speaking of Switched on Bach, I remember liking it very much. The only ‘negative press’ I heard it receive was from the professor of a ‘Physics of Musical Sound’ course I took in college. He generally abhorred sound waves originating in non-classical ways, without the oscillation of physical materials. In other words, to be ‘good and genuine,’ it had to be apart from electronic synthesis. I’ll give him this much: good, natural sound is amazing in both effect and nuance.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts