Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#21010 - 08/01/03 01:39 PM Re: “Pirates of the Caribbean.”
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
Miss Lena,
Quote:
Sanjay! FORSWEAR, you might make children (and with your recent brutal streak, - maybe grown men lately in the forum ) cry.
Brutal? Moi? (He asks, adjusting his halo.) Just a few simple questions asked in a completely civil manner. I can't help it if people get upset when their long cherished views are questioned.
Quote:
We should all have Captain Sparrows luck of the dammed
And a little of his devil-may-care attitude. Sparrow is an interesting character. He's no fool; for someone who acts so aimless, he's got a plan and when that fails he's got a back-up (even if it's improvised). And while it always looks like he's giving up, thruth is that he never reall does.
Quote:
Some of the one liners were even funnier the second time around. Bloom “That’s not Fair!” ………Depp ”Pirate!”.
Plus, I love the bit where Bloom immitates Depp's mannerism: "Oh, so that's where (wobbles around, pointing unfocusedly) that comes from?"
Quote:
Read in HTF I beleive, if its true that Depp has already signed on to a sequel!
Awesome. He was, bar none, my favourite thing in the movie.

Best,
Sanjay

#21011 - 08/01/03 02:23 PM Re: “Pirates of the Caribbean.”
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
I can't help it if people get upset when their long cherished views are questioned.
I briefly scanned the great DD/DTS debate and was shocked at the testosterone flowing. Shows I need to stay around (was gettingreadygonecatchingup from vac) at that time. If I had been the moderator - I would have slapped everyone silly.

Me: regardless of arguments both sides, prefer DTS, saves me all that remote time tweaking up the bass and surrounds to levels I LIKE during action adventure flics.

Sparrow is an interesting character. He's no fool He’s an opportunist, and highly adaptable to the moment. I like intelligence in brigandly low-life’s.

He was, bar none, my favourite thing in the movie. Grinds teeth, hates to admit to it, but Depps cemented his position in my fantasy file. With further contemplation, I know I could sit through a third viewing. Just to admire Depps looks in this roll. I’m a sucker for the dangerous types, and rarely a sexier scurvy rouge do I see! (can even forgive the teeth)
Yo HO YO ho a pirates life for me!

#21012 - 08/01/03 02:50 PM Re: “Pirates of the Caribbean.”
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
Miss Lena,
Quote:
rarely a sexier scurvy rouge do I see! Yo HO YO ho a pirates life for me!
Yeah right! You don't want a pirate's life, just the pirate!

Sanjay

#21013 - 08/01/03 03:05 PM Re: “Pirates of the Caribbean.”
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
she laughs wickedly

#21014 - 08/04/03 04:38 AM Re: “Pirates of the Caribbean.”
AGAssarsson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington, DC, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Mackwood:
If you like incredible big wooden ships, get yourself over to Stockholm some day and visit the Vassa Museum in Stockholm...
The beer's expensive (taxes!) but the reindeer and other local foods are fabulous

Hey Jeff:
As my father is Swedish, and I lived there as a boy (5 years), I want to thank you for discussing something "Swenska" other than Blondes, Ikea, and Sexual Freedom (more on that later).

Just a reminder... the ship is named the "Wassa", but pronounced "Vassa". But I can't spell in English, so... and the ship was built as the greatest ship in the very powerful Swedish fleet, which had successfully beaten off the Spanish Armada in a battle some years before.

As beer was clearly much cheaper back then (no taxes) the Officers and Crew of the Wassa decided it was a great idea to launch without ballast (rocks at the bottom of the ship for stability) and present full sail in a strong wind. The glorious Wassa listed to port, water poured in through the gun ports, and it sunk in front of the King, his Court, and many invited foreign dignitaries.

As Outlaws, and Gunslingers, we should be partial to Pirates... and Vikings too. JohNNy DePP could have been a Viking, as the Double Consonants give us away...

As for all those beautiful women slapping Captain Jack Sparrow in the face... well, clearly the fruit of very intense passions, and received with a resigned acceptance of a good scoundrel.

As for eating reindeer... I am sure he could eat Rudolf, then turn his head with a smile, flair his eyes, and steal a kiss from the most beautiful vegetarian in the land. Skoal.

Allan

P.S.: Reindeer is really good, but try Herring in sweet mustard sauce on Limpa (sweet rye bread).

[This message has been edited by AGAssarsson (edited August 04, 2003).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 159 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts