Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#20954 - 05/16/03 01:29 PM "Matrix Reloaded"
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
No demo yet! But a future candidate for your 950/1050 listening pleasure when it transitions to DVD.
Saw this last night ….just some general comments (no specific give-aways).

Although they should have started with a fresh install for the concept behind several scenes which are too reminiscent of “The Matrix”. If you enjoyed the innovativeness of the time-shifting fast-forward
Physical defense mode of Mr. Anderson, you will receive that and more in ‘Reloaded”.

IMO a little two much. The ‘fresh’ of the techno effects has been diluted by similar releases since the release of the (First to do it) ‘Matrix”. It still ‘feels’ more appropriate for this movie than any of its imitators. More judicious editing in some of the conflict scenes would have increased the impact. On occasion however; just when that thought is passing through your head, (“how long are they going to keep kickboxing) - they throw in a nifty move which rekindles your interest. So for me, it was a case of “good fight…enough already…OH…that was cool!”

Again a generous dash of thought provoking concepts for the more cerebral who like their movies with a feel of chess game competitors who duke it out via logical outmaneuvering. Mr. Smith, who adroitly emanated ‘menace’ in the first version is kept intriguingly dangerous by applying a ‘wild card’ position to his character.
More humor to this 2nd Matrix, and a very good choice to include, as it needs the extra punch of some of the sight gags and one-liners to carry it into fresher territory.

The end is much more abrupt than the first, teasing the crowd with that up side the head…Come back…to find out…for the 3rd installment. (A more popular trend recently) And I'm sure I will.

The two trailers I caught (left during part) were for the new “Terminator” (looking forward to revisiting that world). Difficult to tell from the trailer whether Arnold will be able to do it again. But I intend to go find out when it releases. And for ‘Jeepers Creepers Two”.

[This message has been edited by Smart Little Lena (edited May 16, 2003).]

#20955 - 05/16/03 02:21 PM Re: "Matrix Reloaded"
TurnerF Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Memphis,TN
I saw this last night as well and give it two thumbs up. I kind of agree with SLL - maybe a bit too much shot in 'bullet time' - but the car chase scene rocked. Great soundtrack as well which is a must for a summer blockbuster (IMO). I was curious how they would pull this one off - the first Matrix was watching a journey as Neo discovered himself - starting a movie with that journey behind him forces a different approach. Perhaps the best part is we only have to wait 6 months for the finale instead of the year we have to endure with LOTR. By the way if you see this - after the closing credits roll there is a preview for the next one.

#20956 - 05/16/03 02:52 PM Re: "Matrix Reloaded"
Desperado

- but the car chase scene rocked.

"but you always told us. Stay away from the freeways. The freeways are sucide."

#20957 - 06/03/03 07:42 PM Re: "Matrix Reloaded"
Kiwi Offline
Gunslinger

SLL,
The Matrix was almost all green in hue. I believe this was done deliberately. Is the reloaded also this way. John Travoltas Swordfish is another great movie that was also predominantly green.
When I first saw this, i wondered if I had a problem with my set, but it only happened with a few discs, so it must be the discs right ?
I have had three DVD players over the last 6 months and they all demonstrated this, so it cannot be the player.

[This message has been edited by Kiwi (edited June 03, 2003).]

#20958 - 06/04/03 03:26 AM Re: "Matrix Reloaded"
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
The Matrix (at least the scenes that take place in the matrix) deliberatly have a green hue to the scenes. Do not adjust your set.

#20959 - 06/04/03 12:35 PM Re: "Matrix Reloaded"
Desperado

“There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are in control of the transmission. ………..For the next hour[s] we will control all that you see and hear….You are about to experience the awe which is associated with a journey to [THE MATRIX]”.

It is very green but if you have excessive greens at other times, with bilious on the matrix, you might check calibrating with AVIA disc etc for a better look all around. It really does make a diff to take some time getting away from the intensely overblown factory settings on most displays.

Been on vacation…..kill me that I ever came back. (I believe I’ve misplaced my snorkel? Don’t’ see much coral in the kitchen sink!) Will be paying for the days escaped with extra catch-up + new project.!!!

Oh why cant’ we be as the old world Europeans and have a 2 months holiday!!!

#20960 - 07/20/03 09:17 AM Re: "Matrix Reloaded"
Raider Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, TN
I must be from a differnet universe. Just saw Matrix reloaded. One of the worst movies I have seen in a long time. Dumb plot, crummy dialogue, etc.
Sorry for the negatives but this one just made me mad I had spent money on it

#20961 - 07/20/03 12:52 PM Re: "Matrix Reloaded"
boblinds Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Los Angeles
I'm with Raider. I enjoyed "The Matrix" but "Matrix Reloaded" was abysmal. Poorly written, needed editing (all the action sequences FAR outstayed their welcome), and was full of cliched situations that the Wachowski's apparently thought we wouldn't recognize if they dressed them in a future apocalypse design.

My money is on Wachowski Bros. turning out to be one-hit wonders.

#20962 - 07/20/03 02:50 PM Re: "Matrix Reloaded"
Desperado

Maybe since I like dance I liked a recap of the special zenlike kickboxing the “Matrix” invented (although excruciatingly drawout) What I thought failed profoundly, were the scenes depicting Zion. I assume we are required to ‘root’ for the salvation of humanity gainst the machine, yet Zion (and its populace) left me cold.
The howl at the moon and roar at fate evening of partying that Morpheus' address to the citizens of Zion inspires appears as if the director mistook his story board for the bar scenes taken from Blade II or XXX, notable for the high preponderance of unsavory types that hang out.

The backbone of the movie should rest on the simplest of concepts that the audience cares what happens to the disconnected remnants of carbon based units.

If the ‘bullet” slowmo’s had been cut by ½ with a little time spent developing a liking for the township of Zion, with some more fleshing out the hint of intriguing concepts behind the ‘room’ where Neo speaks to the Matrix. I think the film would have had better balance.

As it is All the enjoyment I got out of it, was a reprise of the visual novel special effects from the original “Matrix” which I had thoroughly enjoyed (and cared) when Neo kicks butt.

#20963 - 07/20/03 07:25 PM Re: "Matrix Reloaded"
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by boblinds:
all the action sequences FAR outstayed their welcome
I agree, completely. By the end of 'Reloaded' I was non-plussed: I couldn't believe that I'd just seen an action film where the chases and fights were the most boring part. I was hoping the "action scenes" would hurry up and finish so we could move on with the story already. And the action was so damn repetitive. Seeing Morpheous almost fall off a moving tractor-trailer but catch the edge and flip back on at the last minute was exciting. After he did the same exact thing three more times, it got old. Ditto the Burly Brawl, where Neo fights thousands of Agent Smith copies. What happened to all that imagination that the Wachowskis showed in the first Matrix movie?
Quote:
My money is on Wachowski Bros. turning out to be one-hit wonders.
I'll hold off judgement until I see 'Revolutions' in November, but it certainly is starting to look like the first 'Matrix' was more fluke than consistent talent.

BTW, anyone notice the little moment at the end with Neo and the Sentinels which really makes you wonder 'What is the Matrix'? It's the only part of the film that made me sit bolt upright and say "Hey, what the...!"

Best,
Sanjay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 112 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts