Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#20951 - 05/13/03 04:02 PM "The Matrix" - bank scene
dvdfreak Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Cary, NC, USA
I have always been a big fan of the bank scene in The Matrix... it is usually the first thing i put in to show people my system. Well, I just got my 950/770 last week and havn't gotten a chance to watch a movie with it hooked up yet... too busy listening to my cd's all over again! But tonight I'm having a Matrix party so we can get a refresher before opening day of Reloaded! What should I expect?

#20952 - 05/13/03 04:21 PM Re: "The Matrix" - bank scene
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Watched that over the weekend, actually. It had been a while since I had a chance to see it (since before I got my sub last summer, I think), and I enjoyed the soundtrack immensely. The lobby scene was very nice.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#20953 - 06/02/03 12:56 PM Re: "The Matrix" - bank scene
bestbang4thebuck Offline
Desperado

Loc: Maryland
I have recently viewed “Matrix” again after receiving and setting up a 950/770 combo. Previously the ‘hub’ of my system was a THX certified Onkyo. Also the viewed/listened to the LOTR extended DVD again.

On ‘fine’ sounds, only a slight difference, but noticeable in bringing them more sharply into my listening consciousness. It is similar to using a new blade in a razor to shave today versus using the same blade toady as I had the last couple days.

On loud percussive sounds, each sound rose and fell more authoritatively, not more loudly, while still being in a good balance with the mix of music and effects. I would say this is related to my comment on the ‘fine’ sounds. Even as large transient demand is placed on each channel, the ‘fine points’ of each sound remain intact and clear, similar to wearing a nicely pressed and creased shirt and pants versus items that just came of the dryer and were merely hung on hangers before wearing.

Both Matrix and LOTR are good material to compare the change in processing and amplification.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 135 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts