Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#20926 - 04/02/03 06:33 PM Multichannel music DVD
alphanstein Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: San Diego, CA
You don't need a DVD Audio player to enjoy multichannel music. I picked up the AIX demo CD at the last CES show and found myself playing certain demo tracks over and over as I got more into the depth of the recordings. My wife has even sat thru a number of them and enjoyed them. I like the style so much that I ordered a few of the full DVD's from aixrecords.com. At $25, they are more expensive than the normal CD, but hey, I get DVD Video - 5 chan Dolby Digital and/or DTS tracks with some videos on one side, and DVD Audio on the other in case I one day upgrade to a DVD Audio player.

I did the comparison of these recordings from stereo to 5 (well 7 channel for my 770) and there is no comparison, the sound stage is full and diverse when you listen in surround mode. But then again, this is the native format they are recording for, so it should sound awesome. Anyhow, the demo disc can be picked up for about $20 with shipping from them and I recommend you buy one. It will serve a dual purpose as a great demo for friends and tweak DVD for you system.

I will have to report back on the new tracks I get in once I have time to give them ample listening time.

#20927 - 04/02/03 08:27 PM Re: Multichannel music DVD
D'Arbignal Offline
Desperado

Loc: NJ, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by alphanstein:
You don't need a DVD Audio player to enjoy multichannel music. I picked up the AIX demo CD at the last CES show and found myself playing certain demo tracks over and over as I got more into the depth of the recordings. My wife has even sat thru a number of them and enjoyed them. I like the style so much that I ordered a few of the full DVD's from aixrecords.com. At $25, they are more expensive than the normal CD, but hey, I get DVD Video - 5 chan Dolby Digital and/or DTS tracks with some videos on one side, and DVD Audio on the other in case I one day upgrade to a DVD Audio player.

I did the comparison of these recordings from stereo to 5 (well 7 channel for my 770) and there is no comparison, the sound stage is full and diverse when you listen in surround mode. But then again, this is the native format they are recording for, so it should sound awesome. Anyhow, the demo disc can be picked up for about $20 with shipping from them and I recommend you buy one. It will serve a dual purpose as a great demo for friends and tweak DVD for you system.

I will have to report back on the new tracks I get in once I have time to give them ample listening time.

I agree that it's a great disc to have. My favorite track has got to be the Wood cello piece.

Jeff

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts