Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#20888 - 03/13/03 12:44 PM More Cohen Brothers
Joshorr Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Boston, MA
Finally, after re-releasing Blood Simple as a directors cut, they have gotten aroung to putting out Miller's Crossing on DVD. I just want to spread the word on this great and highly underated Cohen Brothers flick. It is their take on the speakeasy gangster drama and i ofound it very entertaining. Its style is more on the end of the Hudsucker Proxy (more straight down the middle) rather than something like Barton Fink (which will be released at the same time, 5/20/03) There is that great Cohen Brother feel to it that is a bit odd and pleasantly surprising.

#20889 - 03/14/03 12:42 AM Re: More Cohen Brothers
D'Arbignal Offline
Desperado

Loc: NJ, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Joshorr:
Finally, after re-releasing Blood Simple as a directors cut, they have gotten aroung to putting out Miller's Crossing on DVD. I just want to spread the word on this great and highly underated Cohen Brothers flick. It is their take on the speakeasy gangster drama and i ofound it very entertaining. Its style is more on the end of the Hudsucker Proxy (more straight down the middle) rather than something like Barton Fink (which will be released at the same time, 5/20/03) There is that great Cohen Brother feel to it that is a bit odd and pleasantly surprising.

I love Miller's Crossing. I'm psyched to hear it's out on DVD at long last! Thanks for the head's up!

Jeff

#20890 - 03/14/03 10:22 AM Re: More Cohen Brothers
steves Offline
Desperado

Loc: Oregon
I'm a big fan of their movies. Raising Arizona has always been one of my favorites.

#20891 - 03/16/03 05:32 PM Re: More Cohen Brothers
boblinds Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Los Angeles
I hope this will be the video version of "Miller's Crossing" we've all wanted. I love the Coen Brothers' films but I've never owned MC because, even on LD, there has never been a properly framed version available.

And "Barton Fink" is my second favorite film of all time. (FYI, "Chinatown" is #1.)

#20892 - 03/17/03 03:37 PM Re: More Cohen Brothers
Joshorr Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Boston, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by boblinds:
I hope this will be the video version of "Miller's Crossing" we've all wanted. I love the Coen Brothers' films but I've never owned MC because, even on LD, there has never been a properly framed version available.

And "Barton Fink" is my second favorite film of all time. (FYI, "Chinatown" is #1.)

I myself could never stomach Barton Fink in that David Lynch kinda' way (interesting but...) I am sure you and my roommate who also loves BF would have much to talk about.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 86 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts