Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#20834 - 01/27/03 10:59 PM "Frailty", ummmmm
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Anyone seen this? Sound is good. Transfer is good. The movie itself?

...walks away...shakes head....not sure what to think....weird...disturbing...diffrent.

#20835 - 01/31/03 03:47 PM Re: "Frailty", ummmmm
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
I saw it and I have to say I liked it. I can't go into much detail without ruining th movie for others so I will leave it at that. Did you watch the extras ? I found that some of the simple tricks they used in the making of the movie were quite interesting as apposed to most of todays movies which just explain how a computer created all the special effects.

#20836 - 02/04/03 12:05 PM Re: "Frailty", ummmmm
Desperado

That was one I had rented (unusual for me lately as I normally purchase which costs me less than all the late fees we have a tendency to acquire! I listened to most of the writer’s voiceover about his intents and production. But missed all the rest, will prob. keep an eye out for an ‘on sale’ copy or previewed, and pick it up in the future.

The ‘disturb’ I felt watching it faded a little with time, I’d like to see it again, especially as the writer kept commenting on the tragic aspects of the fathers position when you watch on a second view. When I pick up another copy some day…I will watch all the extras. The scene under the car when he receives his list was comically in stark contrast to the everyday affairs of men. There must be ‘extras’ your detailing around the CG on that scene etc.

And your correct, this is not a moive you can talk about except in the most general of terms without ruining it for potential viewers. But I was curious did any LIKE it vs HATE it etc....

#20837 - 02/04/03 03:18 PM Re: "Frailty", ummmmm
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
I may like to purchase fraility at some point as well. I think it will be interesting on a second viewing and I didn't watch with commentary.

If you are plagued by late fees you may want to consider Netflix. For approx $20/month you keep three movies at home to watch. If you return one you get another. I have been able to average 6/month which ain't bad for $20. (To be fair I get 4 movies/month because I joined several years ago when they used to give 4 for $20, you can still get four but I think it $25 now) There are two things I like best about this service.
1) I always have a few movies on hand to watch when TV is all repeats.
2) I can watch the entire DVD across several days without worring about late fees.

#20838 - 02/07/03 05:21 PM Re: "Frailty", ummmmm
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
After reading SLL's first post, I had to watch this movie.

Overall, I thought it was a good movie. I would definately recommend a viewing to any of my friends. I also liked the simple tricks they used that desperado referred to. It is nice to occasionally not see CGI effects in a movie.

My only question...why don't cops ever call for back-up?!?!??!

#20839 - 02/07/03 10:35 PM Re: "Frailty", ummmmm
Desperado

you may want to consider Netflix.
I SHOULD, -Thanks for the recommend,…you would have to know the idiosyncrasies I let myself fall into currently. I prob still end up paying (monthly late fees). Although I going to have to come up with a better storage system if I keep picking them up like I do!.

why don't cops ever call for back-up! At least it was not as blatant as some types of movies (mostly horror flicks although this is not technicly that genre) - small town…good ole boy not really expecting any trouble. What’s a version of that joke…..”If my HOUSE told me to GET OUT……it will never have to say it twice” Those moments really get irritating in a movie.
I would like to see "Frailty" a second round after the first through!

#20840 - 02/08/03 07:24 PM Re: "Frailty", ummmmm
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Well I haven't seen Fraility, but I was pretty impressed with Jeepers Creepers. It even took into account the "no officers" rule...heck at one part...no, I won't ruin the ending. LEt's just say that it doesn't insult the mind anywhere near the way that some horror movies do.

Jason

Who's Online
0 registered (), 135 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts