Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#20757 - 11/15/02 03:05 PM Re: Attack of the Clones
Everett Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Brevard, N.C.
Got mine today at CC for 14.99. I should have had the Toys R Us ad as the gentleman in line ahead of me had his and CC met the 9.99 price. I didnt know that was there policy. So, I am looking forward to watching it tonight, I was a little dissatisfied with Lucas' earlier offering as the picture's video quality was not what I had hoped! I look forward to viewing this disc although I wish, like LOTR new edition, it had a DTS 6.1 offering. By the way, not to change the subject, but the new LOTR DTS-ES is My new standard in sound that other films will have to be measured against. I probably should wait a few days before viewing Attach of the Clones until I come down from this high I experienced from LOTR 2!

#20758 - 11/17/02 04:30 PM Re: Attack of the Clones
stabie Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Austin, TX US
I watched Attack last night with a couple of friends. We all ou'ed and ah'ed the image and sound quality, but we all laughed at the acting. None of us had seen it at the theater and I'm glad I hadn't. It just wasn't that good. They brought over their LOTR with DTS and wow. I'd seen it using dolby and I may be a convert to DTS. I do think that LOTR's cgi effects are not quite as good as Attack.

#20759 - 11/17/02 08:18 PM Re: Attack of the Clones
Everett Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Brevard, N.C.
Well, I saw just the opposite! I saw NOTHING concerning video quality, sound, and special effects that was even in the same ballpark as LOTR. And, as we all know, the LOTR was awarded at the Academy Awards numerous times. I did enjoy Attach of the Clones better then the #1 but , still, more of the same stuff, again and the sound , although excellant, is no match for a DTS 6.1 setup. The sets for LOTR was unbelievable and did anyone catch the listing of extras. I flipped over to the Sopranos while my DVD was playing out the end credits and caught half of the show before I flipped back to LOTR and the credit was still going. Oh! Sorry! I forgot we are suppose to be talking about Attach of the Clones!

#20760 - 11/17/02 09:04 PM Re: Attack of the Clones
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Actually it's Attack of the Clones! Maybe it's just me, but I didn't enjoy that movie all that much. The story was good with the information revealed, but it was carried rather poorly. I might be a bit of a sourpuss, but I don't really want to buy a movie unless I enjoy it no matter how good the sound is. I've found other movies for that. I'll probably still buy the trilogy when they eventually come out. I still have my hopes up for the third one.

#20761 - 11/17/02 11:00 PM Re: Attack of the Clones
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Maybe it's just me, but I didn't enjoy that movie all that much
I did not either. (Not to give any that love it a complex). I could not get involved emotionaly with the 2 leads. To me they were 'flat'.

Not Yoda of course.....he's just short not flat...

#20762 - 11/19/02 12:07 AM Re: Attack of the Clones
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Ok, Devil's Advocate here. I fall in to that category of Star Wars fan that just loves all of it. The only thing that annoyed me with AOTC was the love story handling. I understand it needs to be there but I agree it was poorly done. I especially hated the scene in the hills riding the giant cow-slugs (don't know their real name!). However, overall, loved the film.

From a technical aspect, I thought the picture was incredible, even on my standard old JVC television, and the sound was very well done. I couldn't really turn it up and get crazy as I watched it with my wife while our daughter was napping, but the surround was great and well mixed.

As for overall story details, I loved all the little tie-ins to what we already know that are revealed or hinted at (like Obi-Wan sighing that Anakin would be the death of him). I also found that the second time through I was able to focus a lot more on the story, and not as much on the eye and ear candy, and picked up a lot more.

As for acting, sure, there's moments where you're embarrassed for them (specifically the love story). But a lot of that is not necessarily the actor's fault. Consider the material they've been given to work with. I thought Hayden (Anakin) did a great job portraying a frustrated, angry, petulant, young man. When his mother died and he came out of that tent, there was NO doubt what was going through his mind. Amidala's role didn't require much talent and I thought she was fine (again, outside of the love story). I loved the much more mobile Yoda, even more so after watching some of the behind the scenes effort that went in to the creation of him. Ewan McGregor is spot on as Obi-Wan. At this point, I completely buy him becoming who he does in Episode IV. And as a final note to acting, Sam Jackson just brings cool to any role he plays.

I'll say that I found this episode much more to my liking than I thought I would going in to it. I knew that the primary focus was to be the love story and was not really holding much in the way of high hopes. However, I'm REALLY looking forward to the last one. Lucas has already said a lot of people will not like it because it will be very dark. Let's face it, it has to be that way. It'll be all about Anakin's descent in to the dark side and the slaying of all the remaining Jedi (except Obi-Wan and Yoda, of course!).

Of course, this is just my opinion, as always, feel free to disagree!

#20763 - 11/20/02 10:06 PM Re: Attack of the Clones
Q-man Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: on the water
Can I get a poster of Ms. Portman stretched out and bound with the chain anywhere? That image is making a dirty old man of me. And yes, that is the most memorable moment in the movie for me.

#20764 - 11/21/02 08:49 AM Re: Attack of the Clones
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Hehe. New age Princess Leia in the gold bikini?

#20765 - 11/21/02 10:57 PM Re: Attack of the Clones
Q-man Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: on the water
Except, I was eleven when episode VI came out and was far more interested in Jaba the Hut at the time. It is time for Lucas to reissue the orginal triology on DVD.

WOW! Natalie Portman is a 20 year old Harvard psych. major. I like'm smart.

[This message has been edited by Q-man (edited November 21, 2002).]

#20766 - 11/23/02 01:44 AM Re: Attack of the Clones
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Don't look for the original trilogy any time soon. Lucas has already said he won't bring them to DVD until after the Episode III DVD is out.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts