Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#20736 - 11/10/02 12:46 AM Re: Spiderman
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
I've found some new appriciation for spider man. Dont get me wrong, I'm still kind of put off of all of the blatent rip-offs going on, but I was able to see in on nice big screen this weekend (translation, I'm babysitting a friends projector for the weekend) and some of the magic came back...especially in the "swinging" scenes...like the end.

However I will still stand by my first post on it. Its a good movie, but I was personaly a little put off given the stealing of ideas and scenes from other movies in the superhero/Sam Rami division of cinema.

Jason

#20737 - 11/23/02 08:53 AM Re: Spiderman
e-dogg Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: OHIO
I liked this movie alot. The best part is how it remained loyal to the comic book origin. It is almost exactly the same except, he couldnt shoot webbing from his wrist. He devised a web material and a wrist band for each arm to shoot web in the orginal comic.Other than that its right on the money. I grew up collecting MARVELS comics and they hit the button with this one. I hope The Hulk is as loyal too. Im also kicking myself because 35 some years ago I had Spidy #1

#20738 - 11/23/02 09:32 AM Re: Spiderman
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
e-dogg, I agree. I was very happy with how it kept true to its origins. The updates were kind of cool though. The webslinging does make a little more sense this way. Peter was originally bitten by a radioactive spider, not a genetically enhanced one, but this makes sense as genetics is the rage today.

I can't wait for all these other movies to come out either. I never really got into the comic books, but I loved the characters. Mostly from watching the cartoons. Daredevil is coming out February 14, 2003. That looks interesting, from an accident, a guy goes blind, but his other four senses are greatly enhanced. X-men 2 will come out May 2, 2003, The Hulk on June 20, and The Amazing Spiderman on May 7, 2004.

Daredevil looks pretty cool. I can't wait to see X-men 2 with all the new characters they'll have! Nightcrawler, Iceman, Colossus, Jubilee. The Hulk will be interesting to see too.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts