Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#20726 - 11/01/02 08:42 AM Spiderman
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Has anyone else picked this up yet? I did this morning on my way to work. Going to watch it tonight.

#20727 - 11/01/02 10:41 AM Re: Spiderman
DMC Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mullica Hill, NJ
I will pick it up around 4pm when the kids get home from school. Wonder if its like the original Spiderman cartoon I used to watch and love.

#20728 - 11/01/02 11:15 AM Re: Spiderman
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
JT, Glad you brought this up..It's out? Husband wanted to see this but we never made it to the theater, I'll have to 'aquire' for him. I wasn't as intreasted but always laughed at that line in the trailers, where the Granmotherly type says, "Who do you think you are? Superman?"

#20729 - 11/01/02 11:22 AM Re: Spiderman
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
It's out -- they released it on a Friday instead of the usual Tuesday for some reason. UPS guy dropped my copy off this morning (home sick today, but have a deadline on Monday so I am also working some from home...). Haven't popped it in the player yet, but probably will after lunch.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#20730 - 11/01/02 12:19 PM Re: Spiderman
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

I saw it in theaters and really liked it. The animated effects were very well done. You can tell where they are because many scenes are not humanly possible to do, but they blend in very well. I can't wait to see how it sounds in a true surround setting. I was always a fan of the original cartoon, never got into the comics, so I didn't quite know what to expect in the movie.

#20731 - 11/01/02 12:57 PM Re: Spiderman
ltkhuc Offline
Gunslinger

Although I repeatedly rolled my eyes while watching the movie in theater, I thought the sound was awesome. I'd love to rent it to play at home to enjoy the soundtrack though.

#20732 - 11/01/02 01:51 PM Re: Spiderman
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

I know a few people who did not like it all that much. They said it was too much of a comic book. Well duh, it is a comic book. I went in with that frame of mind and really enjoyed it.

#20733 - 11/01/02 08:59 PM Re: Spiderman
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
I picked it up last night at my local walmart. (I think it was $16.00 after tax).

I saw it in the theaters and thought it was pretty good. But when I watched it again at home...I realized that it was pretty much a remake of the 1989 Batman...only with the spider man mythos, and Sam Rami's camera work.

They set up the movie the same way...Introduce the hero, introduce the dame, introduce the villians origins, bring the hero face to face, and kill the villian in a big duke it out..fight to the death..in a Gothic setting, and leave the hero angst ridden while bringing out the "hero theme" before cutting to credits.

The CGI Spider man also felt realy odd when translated to the small screen. Some of it was distracting...and didn't feel like it matched up at all with the live action actor.

Maybe I'm just getting cynical, but I guess I felt like I saw it before (which I did-in theaters) across numerous other films (which I did in Tim Burtons Batman, and Rami's Evil Dead and Darkman). The thing that I realy never picked up on until I saw it at home was just how much cinamatography Rami borrowed from his Evil Dead Trillogy and Darkman films (he even worked in some stuff he did in his film "The Gift"). I'll have to take notes and give some examples, but for the most part it was like I was sitting there thinking:

Hmmm...Batman's plot outline+Planet of the Ape's Score+Evil Dead II camera work+Darkman Flashbacks+dash of american flag at end=$400,000,000?

Huh?

I dont know. That's just my first impression off of a single viewing of it in my HT. (Remember I did see it once in the theater as well).

So all and all, it's a good rental. But to me, after repeat viewing a few months after I saw it in the theater, it just didn't seem to hold up as well to a repeat viewing.

Oh well...

I cant wait for Nov. 12 when I can run to wal-mart at midnight and pick up ATOTC.

grin

Jason

[This message has been edited by fmcorps (edited November 01, 2002).]

#20734 - 11/02/02 08:09 AM Re: Spiderman
Everett Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Brevard, N.C.
Lot of fun! Great surround effects. It doesnt mention that it is in DD Surround EX, but my Outlaw 950 kept moving to the DD EX format. The picture quality was very pleasing except a occasional edge enhancement. You could see a slight halo around the edges of clothing , etc. But, the fleshtones were great and lots of rich colors.

#20735 - 11/02/02 11:01 AM Re: Spiderman
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

After watching it last night, I really enjoyed it too. My TV isn't good enough to really make a fair comment about the image quality. The sound was fun to listen to, especially when the Green Goblin is talking to Mr. Osborne.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts