Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#20701 - 10/26/02 09:09 AM Re: Bwahahaha
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
What's with the vampire smiley? That's awesome!

#20702 - 10/26/02 09:12 AM Re: Bwahahaha
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Oh, by the way, this is BenjaminRigby. I got sick of using my name. I think this one is much better, if you know where it's from. You don't have to know me personally to know it.

I rented Donnie Darko for tonight. Saw Monsters, Inc. last night. It was very good. I also saw It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. I haven't seen that in more than five years. Way too long.

#20703 - 10/26/02 01:47 PM Re: Bwahahaha
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
I’ll tell you about the vampire if you’ll tell me about the name. (I can’t think of what it goes to)
Do we need to hold a Bris Mila Ceremony at Outlaw if you change your name?!
I assume you are not this Clark? “The eggs of stick insects (Phasmida): a review with descriptions of the eggs of eleven species” By J. T. Clark
Gonk told me how to vampire a long ways back, but I never attempted (it works!) Copy a link to an image of one of these animated smiles from somewhere and put it inside of these. (without the spaces) [ IMG ] [ /IMG ].

My husband bought Monsters Inc. I really liked it - great movie. I picked up the Score CD by composer Michael Andrews for Donnie Darko last night., Rather than your old vinyl of “Chilling, Thrilling Sounds Of The Haunted House” use this at more grownup party for your background Halloween audio ambiance. Its haunting synthesized compositions are very good. Best are tracks like “Waltz in the 4th Dimension” and “Philosophy of Time Travel”

#20704 - 10/26/02 03:34 PM Re: Bwahahaha
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

The name is from a character in the Jack Ryan series by Tom Clancy (yes, they are books). "Clark" is a character that first shows up in The Cardinal of Kremlin. His roles after this story were much bigger. John Terrance Clark is a special ops guy who works for the CIA. He's a real bad ass character. There are two books that work in tangent to the Jack Ryan series, I wouldn't call them spinoffs. Without Remorse tells about his background, this is the one where people really love the guy. The other is Rainbow Six. If you don't know here's the entire series:
The Hunt For Red October
Patriot Games
The Cardinal of Kremlin
Clear and Present Danger
The Sum of All Fears
Without Remorse (takes place before all others, but written here)
Debt of Honor
Executive Orders
Rainbow Six
The Bear and the Dragon

Four of these have been made into movies, I hope they do one of Without Remorse. I haven't seen The Sum of All Fears Yet, but of the other three (if you don't know which ones they are drop dead) Clark is only in Clear and Present Danger. He's played by Willem Dafoe.

#20705 - 10/26/02 06:44 PM Re: Bwahahaha
Desperado

Ah , books, used to love books but no longer have time. I believe I may have read your #’s 1,4 & 5.
Back when I made more time for books I tended to ‘fit them in’ and my version of a book binge would be 8 books in 3 days. This does not make for very high retention level as I was not blessed with a photographic memory, (my # one wish if I met a genie in a bottle). Will watch out for the character in the future. I loved the film Red Oct, I’m a sucker for Connery. But have hesitated buying the DVD as I’ve heard bad PR on its quality.

#20706 - 10/28/02 07:56 PM Re: Bwahahaha
bobliinds Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Las Vegas, NV
What's weird enough for me?

Hmmmm....

Eraserhead
Ichi the Killer
Tetsuo: The Iron Man
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

And a few others. But it's getting tougher and tougher to weird me out. Nearly impossible, I'm sorry to say.

#20707 - 10/29/02 12:08 AM Re: Bwahahaha
sfw Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: IL, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by bobliinds:

And a few others. But it's getting tougher and tougher to weird me out. Nearly impossible, I'm sorry to say.[/B]

Same goes for me: A friend and I attempted to regain the old thrill of a good scare by taking a DVD laptop into the dark woods late one summer evening to watch "The Evil Dead". This still didn't work, though a better flick might have, one that is not so easy to suspend disbelief. Maybe "The Blair Witch Project". Maybe a different movie and a different location. Suggestions?

#20708 - 10/29/02 10:38 AM Re: Bwahahaha
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

I finally saw Donnie Darko last night. Went up to my room and watched in on my computer. I thought it was just ok. I thought is was funnier than scary or suspenseful. I think it's gotten pretty hard to scare me after going through a very difficult engineering program in college.

#20709 - 10/29/02 07:06 PM Re: Bwahahaha
Desperado

Boboblinds. That reminds me of my sister, 'TCSM' used to be her favorite movie. But she can’t stand fantasy or sci-fi. You can not get her to sit down and watch something like 'LOTR' or 'Alien' she could care less. I can think of several movies along your ‘weirdness’ lines, like Hellraiser with the Cenobites, ever seen that one?
I like my bad guys more to the realistic side generally, like the English actor in Rob Roy, Good actor, - by the end of the movie he truly had me hating his character and ready to see him get his “what fors”.
This would not be particularly scary, but very novel for one outing. I read about an Austin affair, I believe locals put it on …not a forum. Big screen on the river set up to watch 'Jaws” you watch from your inner tubes. Oh and don’t forget that the guys in the suba gear are roaming around underneath. (sounded like fun…I think I’d do that one) Have you ever spelunked? Try a cave with your laptop, go deep enough that’s its deepest black on earth when the illuminations are off. That one would get me…but then I can be claustrophobic.

JT, on your computer???? I liked the cinemaphotography styling of this director, nifty chapters like the first time you see the halls of DD's school. In general for me it was the story, the ambiance and scoring on this flim, I think the computer would squash some of that effect. Your right it is funny, and that was unexpected when I first viewed it, not scary in the blood & gore tradition but menacing in tone.. I like movies that my brain can bite into, and roam the possibilities, Time T/ Tangent U’s/ and subjects on whether or not ‘Fate is the Hunter’ keep me intrigued.

#20710 - 10/30/02 08:49 AM Re: Bwahahaha
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Yes, on my computer. I don't think my parents would have liked it very much. My dad is really against what they show the kids doing and how the adults seem like idiots. Watching movies there is actually quite a bit better than you might expect at first. I've got a Trinitron monitor, it's only 17", but it's pretty good. I also have the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 speakers from an Audigy soundcard (arguably the best consumer sound card unless the Audigy 2 has been released). It's still not the same as my hometheater gear, but it's somewhat effective. In a few months I'll be getting a very nice new computer.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 116 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts