Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#20691 - 10/19/02 08:53 PM Re: Bwahahaha
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
I see:....you keep that video in the 'Self-Help' section of your library.

Yesterday, - Just purchased the last copy on the rack of Donnie Darko (this one should gain cult status) so we could see the beginning of the movie we missed when we caught it on Satellite.
You need to read Grandma Death's (Sparrow's) 'History of Time Travel' (on the extra's in the DVD menu to understand parts of this movie).
It was great fun....I popped the DVD in, in the middle of a storm here....started thinking....wow the storm is getting closer and more intense, (I had my volume down a bit at that moment and did not realize I was hearing the DVD).

Turns out Donnie Darko starts with a track of thunder rumbling in the background on the menu, it moves wonderfully around the surrounds.

It was storm inside (and out) could not have planned it better.

The disc has 5.1 to select, and the soundtrack is good..... Now I want to find the composers’ CD cut from the movie.

This is an Outlaw movie….as in non-standard issue, first Outlaw to see it…let me know what you think!!!

#20692 - 10/20/02 02:16 AM Re: Bwahahaha
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Sounds interesting, Lena. I'll have to look in to that, at the very least for a rental.

I try every year to take in Disney's Legend of Sleepy Hollow. I've been in love with that since I was a little kid. I recall with great fondness sitting in my grandparents' basement with the old read/sing along 12" LP for hours on end!

In that vein, I also try at some point to take in Tim Burton's vision of the story as well. Nobody seems to be able to give a dark movie quite the feel Tim can, especially when he teams with Danny Elfman for a soundtrack.

I usually end up doing one or the other alone as it tends toward overkill for my wife. Oh well, what can I say? We all have our little quirks, right?

#20693 - 10/20/02 04:23 PM Re: Bwahahaha
Desperado

Quote:
We all have our little quirks, right?

Particularly me…I think I’m similar to Duct Tape, infinitely useful, but with a ‘light’ and a ‘dark’ side.
and now I see I can remove warts also….

I too can love old Disney movies beyond all reason….if I’m alone, - the line…”You must learn to walk alone” from “Bambie” will get me every time, not to mention it’s paint-like soft-edged animation.
Sleepy Hollow is a great yarn, there are too few classic scary stories/books/movies.

Just saw maybe three-quarters of ‘Mullahand Drive”. I disagree with a poster or two who compared Donnie Darko to that flic…(as a matter of fact, I hated MD). A closer comparison for one of several layers going on in DD I would agree to be ‘American Beauty’ yet only as regards each Directors' applications of a similar biting sarcastic treatment over-emphasizing some extreme nastiness (we can all recongise to a degree) in a cartoon characterization of certain ‘personality’ types to be found in American suburbia.

#20694 - 10/22/02 06:32 PM Re: Bwahahaha
Desperado

Does any one live dangerously any more?
I really am challenging all Outlaws to view this movie. Am dying to see what my favorite guys think about it. I have to admit to my usual overboard fixation, which can settle on certain flicks, (which for me just has to burn itself out). Right now being sick as a dog with some respiratory viral thing leaves me doing things I shouldn’t (watching Donnie Darko 3 times) instead of tending to business.

The tune from a ‘Mad Mad World’ is playing through my mind constantly. I need to get the CD and loop it about 50 times to get rid of it.

#20695 - 10/23/02 11:15 AM Re: Bwahahaha
BenjaminRigby Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: McHenry, IL, USA
Ok ok ok. Sheesh. I'll see if I can find it!

#20696 - 10/23/02 11:26 AM Re: Bwahahaha
Desperado

#20697 - 10/23/02 01:41 PM Re: Bwahahaha
Audioholic Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: MI
Donnie Darko is an excellent movie. I bought it a while ago when it was first released on DVD based on suggestions from the bunch over at the Klipsch forum. Nice plot twist and superb acting. Money well spent - it's a keeper.

#20698 - 10/25/02 08:17 PM Re: Bwahahaha
bobliinds Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Las Vegas, NV
Since this is an audio forum....

"The Others" has a couple audio scares using surround that are outstanding!

"The Haunting" sucks as a movie but the soundtrack has some truly hair raising moments, particularly if you have a bottom-trawling subwoofer.

The DTS-ES mix on "Suspiria" is quite nice. Nothing startling in the way of surround sound, per se, but just a nice audio onslaught.

#20699 - 10/25/02 08:21 PM Re: Bwahahaha
bobliinds Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Las Vegas, NV
PS -- I thought Donnie Darko was OK but I didn't lose bladder control over it. In fact, I realize I remember very little about it.

But it may not have been weird enough to my taste. Honest.

#20700 - 10/25/02 11:01 PM Re: Bwahahaha
Desperado

Maybe you were doing something weird when you watched it and that’s why
In fact, I realize I remember very little about it.

But it may not have been weird enough to my taste. Honest I’ll bite. ‘Whats’ weird enough?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 133 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts