Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#20681 - 10/16/02 06:20 AM Bwahahaha
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Well fellow outlaws...

It's the month to make your skin crawl. So what are you using to scare the pants off of your guests with your outlaw gear. Lets hear it. What movies are you watching during this monster-thon month? What ghoulish goodies are you making your AV gear shutter through? What's on your "hit list" this halloween?

Jason

#20682 - 10/16/02 08:51 AM Re: Bwahahaha
BenjaminRigby Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: McHenry, IL, USA
I will finally see Monsters Inc. this month. That looks scary I keep toying with the idea of putting my speakers out in the garage on Halloween and using them in a haunted house. They would scare the crap out of the kids! The garage has room for 2.5 cars, so there's lots of room to do something.

#20683 - 10/16/02 11:05 AM Re: Bwahahaha
BenjaminRigby Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: McHenry, IL, USA
Seriously though, I haven't really thought about this until now. I think I should see some of the films from the 70s and 80s. Would you believe I have not seen all of The Exorcist yet? Not even half? I'd like to find something like Grizzly too (not to be confused with The Bear).

[This message has been edited by BenjaminRigby (edited October 16, 2002).]

#20684 - 10/16/02 01:04 PM Re: Bwahahaha
e-dogg Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: OHIO
1. orginal "Night of the living dead"
2. Halloween I
3."Legend of hell house"

#20685 - 10/16/02 05:11 PM Re: Bwahahaha
baristaman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tacoma, WA USA
The video from my wedding.
=shudder=
Trace

#20686 - 10/16/02 06:10 PM Re: Bwahahaha
m-mmeyer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chanhassen, MN, USA
/\

Very funny

------------------
m-mmeyer
GO TWINS
My DVD's

[This message has been edited by m-mmeyer (edited October 16, 2002).]
"Pain heals, Chicks dig scars and glory is forever"
From the mouth of Keanu Reeves one the great pundits of our time! smile

#20687 - 10/16/02 07:33 PM Re: Bwahahaha
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
I spose i should list my top 5

5. Blair Witch Project
4. The Others
3. Evil Dead II
2. The Exorcist
1. The Changeling (1980-something)

Great films...4 of which still make me jump at points (I still cant watch the Changeling with the lights off...scares the crap out of me.)

Jason

#20688 - 10/18/02 10:55 AM Re: Bwahahaha
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Hello all,
OFF TOPIC APOLIGY:
Will be out quite a bit in the foreseeable future, If I try to add one additional project into my life at any given time, (with the heavy, constant effort it takes to catch-up in my business) it blows everything else out of the water. I just came off an obsessive Fall planting binge, going over the yard I have neglected for the past year. Put in 20 flats of pansies, 2 beds of perennials, two new fountains, some flagstone etc. Now I can barley walk, (sitting in front of a computer all day tends to have that effect).

Next – I have been informed by my horse partner that my presence is demanded (at least one a week) riding our 2 yr. old, to allow my rusty ability to keep pace with him while he is still at the novice level of his training in cutting. If I wait till he’s more ‘polished’ and up to the speed he will reach eventually, …at my current riding ability, I will end up hanging in the air, after he just moved out from under me abruptly 4 feet to either side.

Then there’s Christmas around the corner,…ugh… and because my 950/new DVD player/new display, is passingly fun and impressive at it’s ‘bare minimum’ set up …. That still leaves…speakers to hang TV bases to get ordered/built…. Etc. Things we are living with and not getting to… because the new setup is so nice as it sits. In other words I’ve stalled out. Its all Outlaw and Sony’s fault, it sounds/looks so good as is…it makes it hard when we are strapped for time, (and have X projects going at any given time) to get to the finishing the system.

ON TOPIC:
Has anyone seen Donnie Darko???
Weird ominous movie (has been suggested it’s similar to the weirdness in Mullahand Drive, which I have not rented yet).
Not scary in the traditional Halloween sense, but unsettling and riveting and a very good October rental…
I understand its out on DVD, since I just ran into 2/3’s of it on Satellite last night. I will be purchasing this disc…. Due to the ambience of the whole experience and the soundtrack which makes excellent use of some 80’s stuff.

Highly recommended for when your in that Twilight zone mode….. It’s a movie you’ll discuss for hours with whomever you view it. I ran into some press on the cover art and catch phrases on the DVD case, don’t’ let it fool you, it mentions ‘Final Destination’….Dark,Darker,Darko…some very misleading PR in its cover art. This movie is not what the cover implies …it’s in its own class…….

When I run into something this unique and utterly unexpected on an evening,…off satellite…with the addition of the 950 capabilities…doing its best rendition of DPL11, it is a constant gratifying surprise every time!
I never fail to be amazed.

#20689 - 10/18/02 11:21 AM Re: Bwahahaha
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
See if these critic's blurbs intrigue you.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/DonnieDarko-1110922/
And watch out for the 6 ft bunny, he's not dressed for Easter (or children).

...By the way baristaman...I hope the wife dosen't check your surfing, or we might be seeing that other scary tape of yours titled,...Life sleeping on a Couch.

#20690 - 10/18/02 06:27 PM Re: Bwahahaha
baristaman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tacoma, WA USA
Hi Little Lena,
Way too late to be concerned. Been divorced for 20 years.
Just like to run the old vids once in a while to scare myself straight.
Trace

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 147 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts