Hey, I'm a gunslinger now! Cool!

#20641 - 09/05/02 01:53 PM Re: DVD-A Demos
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Congrats DollarBill!!!

Quote:
If you can, try playing it on another DVD player

Very good idea, then I’d know if this behavior is specific to the Panny 91. I have a 3 disc Pioneer changer (non-DVD-A) I moved it out to make room for the 2nd 950. When I get it back in the rack I’ll check that.
Right now I owe WillScary a job first, if I can locate the cables I need. I’ve had a ‘guest’ every night, or someone involved in a movie who would not appreciate my playing with the video interconnects!

#20642 - 09/06/02 04:26 AM Re: DVD-A Demos
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Smart Little Lena:
Jason, no it’s single sided.

SLL,

Sory, I realize that in my last post I may have come across as a bit of an @$$, for which I want to sincerly apologise. I have no idea how dvd savy you are. Something that simple can realy throw some people off kilter, and if I have offended, I offer my sincerest apologies.

Hope you enjoy the DVD-A experiance. If you wre a big Emmerson Lake and Palmer fan, check out the DVD-A version of Brain Salad Surgery. From what I hear it's phenominal if you like the group.

I'm still picking up one or two DVD-A's a month (and far too many dvd's period), I'll let you know when some realy good stuff lands in my lap.

Jason

#20643 - 09/06/02 01:38 PM Re: DVD-A Demos
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Jason,

NO, you did NOT come across that way at all! When I start moving up my learning curve many times it’s the ‘simple’ obvious step I can still stump my toe on. Plus it could be an area I have not thought about or been exposed to, /run into yet. You never know, what ‘gaps’ the other person has.

You should have seen me a long time ago the first time I rented a dual-sided video DVD from Blockbusters, stuck the movie in and got, Special Effects, Directors interview, with a Menu notation to “Insert Disc Two to Play Movie”. But we only had one disc in the jewel? My husband and I were both thinking, what! Blockbuster put the wrong disc in the rental of a 2 disc set……we finally got around to flipping it over.

Very recently I posted because I could not get any sound out of my 5.1 Channel Inputs, I had gone back and forth through the 950 menus and setups countless times. Matthew (I think) finally posted press ‘6 channel Direct’ on your remote! I can be as bad as my husband about pulling out manuals some days…(don’t need no stinking directions). I spent 30 min. digging in on screen menus and never thought to check the face of the remote!

I thank everyone for bothering to take the time to post when I ask for info, there is no way for you to figure out, what I do or do not know, unless I list in great detail what I’ve already attempted!

I appreciate all ideas and help. Always!

#20644 - 09/07/02 05:36 PM Re: DVD-A Demos
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Well not that SLL has her problem all squared away...

I picked up Pat Metheny Group DVD-A Imaginary Day. This has a realy great surround mix, and is a very lively album. If you're not into the "new age-jazz" that metheny does, this may not be a sure bet, but it is a realy well done DVD-A with a great sound, and a very lively presence to the mix.

Jason

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 135 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts