Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#20598 - 08/21/02 01:44 AM Re: Blue Man Group: Audio
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by EFSIII:
This is one of many DVD-A discs that I'd like to check out (especially now ).

Where do you guys find your selections of DVD-A or SACD music ??
I haven't had alot of luck with my "sources".

My local Media Play has a fairly decent selection of DVD-A's. For SACD's I go to my local best buy (althogh the selection is fairly poor, they have had a few recordings that I have been able to use as referance materials in regards to SACD vs redbook CD's.

#20599 - 08/21/02 02:13 AM Re: Blue Man Group: Audio
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Ok,

I have to admit that I've listened to this disc nearly 7 times straight through (not all in one sitting mide you). It has reached a definate high on my list of must have DVD-A's, and will become a principal test disc when I audition more gear (mwahahaha...i so need help)

This is definatly one...if not THE most base intensive discs I have heard. (Granted I"m still looking for a copy of the DVD-A version of the Telarc recording the the 1812 ovature...). I dont have a single movie that competes with it. Not Jurassic Park I/II/III, not the Fifth Element (although I will admit that I dont have the superbit version of T5E...so no DTS), Not SWE1, not Saving Private Ryan, NOTHING shakes my apartment like BMG-Audio.

Track 3 scared my cat to death, she hid under my bed for an hour the first time it was on. 5 just about cracked a window pane (I'm not joking, I live in an older apartment with REALY old windows that have a "putty calk" around them. The bass was great enough that it jarred the calk of of one of the windows and left it vibrating viloently untill I taped it down.) Tracks 3,4,5, and 10 had the woofers in my Paridigms bouncing back and forth more then Anna Nichole Smith on a bronco.

And for those of you who like to search for some "extra" content switch over to the DVD video side and cue up the "speaker placement" feature...wait till the end for a good laugh. Then check out the "Recent Technology" feature, and finaly, cue up the track called "Cat Video" (no.12 I think)...don't turn off the TV, jsut let it run for a minute and you'll get a nice little treat.

Have I mentioned I highly reccomend this disc as a great piece of Demo material. Buy it now.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA-(good lord do I ever need help)

Jason

[This message has been edited by fmcorps (edited August 21, 2002).]

#20600 - 08/21/02 11:43 AM Re: Blue Man Group: Audio
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Where can I buy this disk?

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#20601 - 08/23/02 10:42 AM Re: Blue Man Group: Audio
BenjaminRigby Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: McHenry, IL, USA
Matthew, Amazon or any online store with DVDs should have it. The blue man group website has it too, but for a bit of a premium.

Finally some other people see the bass power of this disc. You have to have a separate sub to really get the full impact of the bass. Unless you have some monster towers with powered subs that have HUGE amps in them (several hundred watts).

For those of you who have heard it, what do you think of the power of the bonus track? I wish it was on the Audio side too, not just the Video.

#20602 - 08/23/02 10:47 AM Re: Blue Man Group: Audio
BenjaminRigby Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: McHenry, IL, USA
One more thing, for those of you who have seen the show and have the disc, is the bonus track the one they play during the toilet paper routine? Please don't spoil the show any more than that. I think it's best to go in knowing as few details as possible.

#20603 - 09/19/02 11:59 PM Re: Blue Man Group: Audio
Elvis Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Roseville, CA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by BenjaminRigby:
One more thing, for those of you who have seen the show and have the disc, is the bonus track the one they play during the toilet paper routine? Please don't spoil the show any more than that. I think it's best to go in knowing as few details as possible.

I've seen B.M.G. 3 times and also have the DVD-A. It is an exceptionally smart, funny, and highly entertaining experience. I really can't compare it anything I have ever seen-felt-heard. As for the Last Train To Transcentral, I will only say "There can be no ritual without community and perhaps there is no community without ritual" - Joyce Carol Oates (as quoted from a B.M.G. program book).

#20604 - 12/06/02 11:22 PM Re: Blue Man Group: Audio
cburbs Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: de pere
With this disc play on any dvd Player?

#20605 - 12/06/02 11:27 PM Re: Blue Man Group: Audio
m-mmeyer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chanhassen, MN, USA
I believe it will since it has a DD version but check the label to be sure. They do have a couple of regular cd's which are pretty good to, no surround though.

------------------
m-mmeyer
GO TWINS
My DVD's
"Pain heals, Chicks dig scars and glory is forever"
From the mouth of Keanu Reeves one the great pundits of our time! smile

#20606 - 12/06/02 11:37 PM Re: Blue Man Group: Audio
cburbs Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: de pere
Are the only 2 place to get it Amazon or blueman site?

#20607 - 12/07/02 12:28 AM Re: Blue Man Group: Audio
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Nope -- I found it several places.

Tower Records
DVD.com
DVD Planet
J and R
Suncoast

Enjoy!

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 109 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts