Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#20588 - 08/17/02 10:37 AM Blue Man Group: Audio
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Holey Cow!!!

I just picked up this disk the other day. It's a two sided audio only disc with one side having a DVD-A mix, and the second has a DVD-V DTS, and DD mixes so it's compatable withany DVD player. Man, this is an exceptional surround disc...and talk about a workout!!! The bass is amazing...my chair hasn't rattled so much since Saving Private Ryan. The presence of the instrumentation is astounding, the mixing is insane...there are sections that are flying around the room! It's friggin nuts!!!

I cannot think of a better sound demo disc...go out and pick it up now...you will not be dissapointed. There are just so many good things about this disc that I cant realy put them into words. Highly, highly, HIGHLY reccomended.

Jason

#20589 - 08/17/02 05:31 PM Re: Blue Man Group: Audio
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I'll second this choice -- very fun disc, with a really unique sound.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#20590 - 08/17/02 05:53 PM Re: Blue Man Group: Audio
EFSIII Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Upstate, New York
This is one of many DVD-A discs that I'd like to check out (especially now ).

Where do you guys find your selections of DVD-A or SACD music ??
I haven't had alot of luck with my "sources".

#20591 - 08/18/02 12:27 AM Re: Blue Man Group: Audio
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I've picked all mine up online. Some at Amazon.com (although they don't do a good job of identifying them), some at dvdplanet.com. dvd.com also has some, apparently.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#20592 - 08/18/02 11:21 AM Re: Blue Man Group: Audio
steves Offline
Desperado

Loc: Oregon
A fairly large selection of DVD-A and SACD's can be found at elusivedisc.com!

#20593 - 08/18/02 11:33 AM Re: Blue Man Group: Audio
baristaman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tacoma, WA USA
If you EVER get the chance, see them live.
You'll have a whole new appreciation for the music and have a memory that will never go away.
Trace

#20594 - 08/18/02 07:28 PM Re: Blue Man Group: Audio
Everett Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Brevard, N.C.
Ill definitely get this as I always look for disc to challenge my sound system. I have a recomendation for you.. try Manheim Steamrollers Fresh Aire 8. It may not be your "cup of tea" musically but its an amazing sound. You get a DVD Video, a DVD Audio and a HDCD disc as well. These guys are really committed to producing great sounding music and this one will blow you away!

#20595 - 08/18/02 07:34 PM Re: Blue Man Group: Audio
Everett Offline
Gunslinger

Im back again! Well, I just ordered it thru Half.com(E bay group) for only $15.11. Ill look forward to it... They also gave it great reviews in sound as you did.. Good listening...

#20596 - 08/19/02 08:36 AM Re: Blue Man Group: Audio
BenjaminRigby Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: McHenry, IL, USA
I absolutely love this disc. I was lucky and found it at Amazon.com for like $12, I think the price has gone up over the last year. I wish the CD had the bonus track on it as I want to play that one in my car. Infinity Kappa Perfect sub powered by a JBL 600.1 amp.

Everett, Manheim Steamroller is on DVD now? A lot of their music is fantastic! I wouldn't say it's a great workout for a system, but it does sound good. I'll have to keep an eye out for them. Fresh Aire 7 was good as was the Christmas Album (I think there's more than one though).

#20597 - 08/19/02 08:50 AM Re: Blue Man Group: Audio
Everett Offline
Gunslinger

I think Fresh Aire 8 will push the envelope.There is a gut called "The Big Bang" that yielded more SPL than the opening scene in The 5th Element, as measured by my trusty RS meter/played at reference levels. My M&K's shoot every door jam in the house. They(Chip Davis) even discuss what is now possible to put on a disc and how they can dirrect so much information into a sub channel. This is, in my opinion, there best effort by far esp the DVD A tract. I admit I buy a lot of disc just for sound and the reason I ordered your recomendation. If you are similar, I sure you understand. Another one I like is BACH/Organ Works on Pioneer and Holst the Planets ..both on DVD A A BLAST! Thank God my neighbors arent near!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 109 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts