Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#19969 - 03/10/06 08:49 PM Cables:
TheDudeAbides Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Salem, Oregon
1) It would be nice to have a bound DVD-A/ SACD audio interconnect solution. IE. put them in techflex or something so the cables are not messy. I recognize that Outlaw cables are rather large in diameter, but receiving them bound would certainly be nice! It is something I find extremely attractive in others' offerings.

2) In the "shop" page, it would be nice to have a set of 5 singles (there is a 7, but apparently no 5).

3) A 3 ft. Toslink cable would be nice--the price on the 6ft is great--it's just too long!

Just my 3 cents

#19970 - 03/10/06 09:00 PM Re: Cables:
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
1. That's not a bad idea. Model 1070/970 users would need a good bit of slack at one end because the left and right channels of the 7.1 input are also the DVD input's stereo input (putting them a couple inches farther down the rear panel from the rest of the input channels). Maybe they could offer a separate sleeve that could be slipped over the cables and adjusted to best fit the particular installation. It could also be used for component video bundles.

2. Also a good thought for those 7500 users (or for 7125 users who are only using five of the channels).

3. I've got four of the 1.8-meter PDO's hooked up to my 990, although one is currently not being used. They can be a bit long, but they are very flexible and haven't gotten in my way so far. Of course, if there was a 1.0-meter option I've got two components that could make good use of it (the other two PDO's would need to stay 1.8-meter in my case). As inexpensive as the current PDO is, I can't imagine they could charge much less for a 1.0-meter option (maybe a few bucks), which I've assumed is why they've never had one.

#19971 - 03/10/06 09:24 PM Re: Cables:
Hullguy Offline
Desperado

Loc: South Weymouth, MA USA
They use this on alot of the temporary multi-cord cable feeds at the Boston Garden. Could fill the need. Jim
http://www.cableorganizer.com/fray-resistant/

#19972 - 03/10/06 09:37 PM Re: Cables:
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking of. Could be a slick way of tidying up your cabling.

#19973 - 03/11/06 02:03 AM Re: Cables:
BloggingITGuy Offline
Desperado

Loc: Beaverton, Oregon
BlueJeansCable.com sells bundles of audio cables for use as prepro/amp interconnects or also for SACD or other multichannel audio applications.

They also give the option of wrapping the cables in Techflex.

They also give you the choice of number of cables in the bundle.

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/6channel/index.htm

#19974 - 03/18/06 05:02 PM Re: Cables:
TheDudeAbides Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Salem, Oregon
I would happily pay for a proper-length PDO, whether it was the same price or only a smidge more or less. Afterall, I am not paying for the 6 ft., I am paying for the performance and convenience.

Outlaw provides the performance--I have read cable reviews eluding to this, and convenience is built in, as you can order them at the same time as your components (and they are basically tailored for outlaw components). However, offering different lengths would increase that convenience.

I ordered all Dayton Audio cables, because www.bluejeanscable.com didn't have an optical (only coaxial), and Dayton has high build quality, different lengths (I ordered all 3 ft.), and the price is unbeatable.

I ordered a subwoofercable, an optical (glass with a nice binding, but a bit more expensive than outlaw's), 6 sets of RCA, a single composite, and two S-video cables, all for $150 shipped. I had considered www.bluejeanscable.com and outlaw's offerings, but I wanted all cables to be the same length and brand, and Dayton provided the best answer. You can find Dayton at www.partsexpress.com

--TDA

Who's Online
0 registered (), 129 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts