Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#19543 - 05/23/04 03:05 PM Subwoofer Amplifer
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
A seperate amplifer desgined specifically for a subwoofer. High powered amp with phase inversion, low pass frequency adjustment, auto on control and any other features that you would want to include for contol on multiple subwoofers.

------------------
MeanGene's Home

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#19544 - 05/23/04 03:58 PM Re: Subwoofer Amplifer
Keta Offline
Desperado

Loc: Central VA
Sorry for the earlier post I didn't realize this was for "New Product Suggestions" section.

[This message has been edited by Keta (edited May 23, 2004).]

#19545 - 05/25/04 09:51 AM Re: Subwoofer Amplifer
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
not many people have unpowered subs, so i dont know how well this unit would sell.

#19546 - 05/30/04 02:08 PM Re: Subwoofer Amplifer
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by curegeorg:
not many people have unpowered subs, so i dont know how well this unit would sell.

Yes, but I think most have inputs that can bypass the internal amp if someone wanted to upgrade. One of the reasons I go with the 950 is the flexibility of using separates. Using this same logic in subwoofers seems to make sense too.

I would also have the proposed amp controlled remotely, so you can adjust all the settings from the listening position.

Depending on the cost, a microphone and some circuitry could be added that would allow you to analyze the bass acoustics of the room.

How about doubling the M200 to an M400 and adding the controls to it. I don't think that would be too hard to do and there are a lot of DIY'ers out there that would love it. Or Outlaw could just make the control part of it and supply a larger amp separately. I see many people that buy ICBM's have other non-Outlaw equipment. This would be a niche product, but pull in the DIY'ers out there because they have a similar philosophy as we Outlaws.

I mean, think about this: Why can't you buy a subwoofer amp that is not in the shape of a flat panel?

------------------
MeanGene's Home

[This message has been edited by MeanGene (edited May 30, 2004).]

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

Who's Online
0 registered (), 106 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts