Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#19437 - 09/04/03 11:42 AM New No-Frills 2CH Pre
Peter_Klim Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Just a simple 2 ch with remote pre-amp.

That is what I would like to get from Outlaw. Otherwise, I'm planning on getting a Rotel RC-1070 pre-amp that lists for $500.

I'd like to see Outlaw come out with one that cost the same or less. If they come out with one, and it is of the same quality for the money as their other products, I'd say it would be a better one than the Rotel model.

#19438 - 03/11/04 07:15 AM Re: New No-Frills 2CH Pre
bdiament Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I agree.

I'd love to see an Outlaw stereo line stage with maybe 4 inputs and a remote (a la the Audio Alchemy DLC of yore).

Thanks,
Barry

#19439 - 03/11/04 07:22 PM Re: New No-Frills 2CH Pre
tgrisham Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington, MO, USA
Peter_Klim,

A friend just bought the Rotel 1070 along with the matching amp and he is ecstatic with the sound. It is quiet, detailed and easy to work. He uses a new Rotel CD player and B&W speakers. I couldn't talk him into the Outlaw amps, which are still the deal of the century. Still, a great idea for Outlaw to look into.

#19440 - 03/12/04 10:05 AM Re: New No-Frills 2CH Pre
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter_Klim:

And a “subwoofer out” with a crossover dial would make it even better. Not everybody has truly full range main speakers.

#19441 - 03/13/04 01:57 AM Re: New No-Frills 2CH Pre
AGAssarsson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington, DC, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter_Klim:

Balanced Outputs...
How about some simple balanced outputs for 2 ch. This gives the user many more options for sound processing, external x-overs, amplification, etc. These cool boxes, placed between the pre-amp and the amp, can be very effective means to achieve system balance and room/speaker equalization.

I personally believe that this is THE most important area of system/room customization. It is true that rooms/spaces can be designed (room geometry) and treated with acoustically reflective and absorptive materials (including furnishings) to improve sonic performance. There are limits to this very inexact science however.

Especially with frequency response below 300 Hz, the inclusion of sound processing to achieve balanced room equalization can be a very powerful tool. This is true of both Live Performance spaces and Living Rooms alike. When music is accurate and balanced, "live performance levels" are NOT painful, harsh or boomy; the music becomes the seductive representation that the artist intended. The term "volume" is much more musical than "loudness". A poorly EQ'd system sounds loud. It's hard to find a point when a great system sounds too loud; the music just gets better... and Better.. and BETTER.

The vast majority of professional grade sound processors, external x-overs, amplification, have balanced inputs and outputs. Many are very inexpensive, but the balanced signal path can lead to big $$$. A simple, clean, and balanced 2 ch Pre-Amp would save people a lot of money, and provide a wide variety of system customization options for their unique needs.

Balanced Outputs... please.

Allan

[This message has been edited by AGAssarsson (edited March 14, 2004).]

Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts