Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#19317 - 02/23/03 11:31 PM SPL Metre
thigg Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Stone Mtn., Ga./USA
after a nice bike ride i came hoem to listen. pulled out the new vinyl "last waltz" that came in the past week. started playin with the 950 'outter limits' & then started re-calin' it for prop-er settup...which ain't easy with all the sources. but it's become fun. to the chase: i broke my meter several years ago...actually a friend, who'd just returned with me from Ethiopia, we're just unloading a lotta stuff from the taxi service people. i take things in...he decides to see if his blazer will crank...it does, i'm inside..he backs over the one case that's canvas...it's got my SPL meter in it. Oy Vay! 10 years gone and i haven't replaced it...my ears work very good at this...your system has a lotta...buttons to ...i hate the work, 'tweak'. if inflation comes your way...this is what ya do.: figure out your cost to make or include a simple meter...yeh, like the RAD. it's good, it's simple...KISS. next ya gotta find out if ya got enough room in all your products boxes. then, if ya do, how much is the new styro-foam to make it fit? then...oh my, somebody has to figure where to put the new price point. If you had included one in my box...i'd'a paid $999, easily.
' carry on my wayward son, they'll be peace when you are...done.'
p.s., but don't go and inflate the price just cause i said i'm easy.
the 'edit': had to fix 'piece' to 'peace'
yah, exac-Italy, (SH), they keep shuttin' em down all around here. when they were here i would always forget the meter, cause...well..my co. pays for those things...but i gotta be on uh trip...to justify (shhh, expense it, he means) the purchase...to get it...FREE. they never replaced it cause my sew-pier-ee-ur...left the company, and he believed in havin one. so i never put out the money or effort. and so it goes. but that's just what i mean...hey i got a minor in marketing...and ran three business's. i went broke. no, actually the 2nd two did alright...Interior Audio ..Consulatant; and Typographer's Ink, inc. did whole home systems before they were cool. question: how many of you out there have any kind of SPL meter? i'm quilty by default i think. i can build a fairly good meter for .. not to much. i have all the numbers and addresses of the metal punchin places & such...that's what i do half the time; modify any and all broadcast equipment so it may be shipped and set-up and running ...on what ever power or frquency (tokyo is 100v, 50hz (d--n or is it 60), the rest of the story...the country is 120v. and so it goes. france has their own broadcast standards...they sold em to some countries not many people have heard of..Oy Vay! in ru--sia, u need to know some...local and other ...guys ...to make anything work! i need a SPL meter..and there's ne more room to put...anything.
Wish one hadda come in the mail with the 950. hahahoho
u shoulda heard J tull, farm on the freeway, like i did while ago...sounded like my Arrel...i mean ...Odesseus. Guy at the place i went ...had uh 2001...Indian..it wuz sooo pretty! carbon belt drive...jest like mine. just finished recording a VH1, 'Nirvana' inside their teeth or something...will watch later. looked good. i did a play back at the commercial...the S is doing very good. got a panasonic 1000 dv cam as a 'going away' present, friday...still charging all the batteries. gotta take some pics & vids. of my system...before i tear it all down. i guess i'll get the meter in Ashville when i move...i'd just lose it this time. in school (U of southern Miss) the head o mar-ka-ching(!) was a psycolojust, a doktur. he said one should first write down all possibilities for a solution to a question?
explore each one no matter "its 'noise' to the world "(my interpertion, there) eliminate the ones that you 'feel' you should...and then..you'll be answered.
i wish i had a spl meter...wahhhh.
think about it...OUTLAW..put em in the box...raise the price to justify, you'd only be helping a bunch of customer's and you can make a few pennies doing it.
In 1991, our shop and the then, flyaway boys, (now us), tried to pursuade the mothership to purchase the 100K 'comms' package for the the middle east coverage. about 8 channels of phone/data bandwidth...24/7 if we needed it. we needed just a few for saudia, jordan,n baghdad. the accounting deptartment said no. way to much moola for that...8 months later we owed the phone companies...over 5 million dollars. if the market is there it will bear it...if it's not, i wuz wrong. i'll have ta re-cal everything in N.carolina, anyway. and son it goes.
i really like the '7 Stereo' for the LP's. and the NEO's for sat & vcr sound 'just right' rolling the vcr whilst i write.
late, gotta go. astilaway-go-lah ghar-toe

------------------
t higg

[This message has been edited by thigg (edited February 24, 2003).]

#19318 - 02/23/03 11:38 PM Re: SPL Metre
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Get on that XLH an cruise down to RadioShack and buy yourself their analog sound level meter. Works well enough for HT use..

------------------
The Soundhound Theater

#19319 - 02/24/03 01:17 AM Re: SPL Metre
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mountain View, CA, USofA
what?

#19320 - 02/24/03 03:35 PM Re: SPL Metre
thigg Offline
Gunslinger

So, SH, got on the bike sunday to head for the Rad shak. ended up at a, 're-opened under original management'...hang-out bar. it's called...The Outlaw Saloon. i'm not kidding. it's in Tucker, a few miles from my place in Stone Mtn. great biker people.
the wind was fairly cold and hitting 40mph, but it was worth it.

[This message has been edited by thigg (edited February 24, 2003).]

#19321 - 02/24/03 03:40 PM Re: SPL Metre
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Quote:
Originally posted by thigg:
.....it's called...The Outlaw Saloon. i'm not kidding....

That's funny! Maybe they should install internet access so the patrons can surf over to this board

------------------
The Soundhound Theater

#19322 - 02/27/03 12:54 PM Re: SPL Metre
thigg Offline
Gunslinger

yeh, but i don't think those characters know much about baud rate...much less computers. Hey, SH, did you know that almost everyone in america has a coffee pot, and a lot have computers...but they still stop at these strange little out of the way places...and pay exorbant prices for coffee..while they sometimes sit around to not be bothered ... so they can internet from the coffee houses.
(one more day...and i re---tire!...from this hell whole that AOL bought...and destroyed)
pps: a company called xerox dissed an idea years ago that anyone would want a home computer...go figure that one out..

#19323 - 02/27/03 12:57 PM Re: SPL Metre
thigg Offline
Gunslinger

oops..i accidently sent the same post twice.

------------------
t higg

[This message has been edited by thigg (edited February 27, 2003).]

#19324 - 02/27/03 01:03 PM Re: SPL Metre
Iggy The Dog Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: The Dog House
Thigg:

And don't forget, that even if you bypass the coffeemaker at home, go down to that store, pay crazy prices for coffee with silly names, and then sit down with your laptop or PDA to check the e-mail or just ponder the state of the universe, you have to pay extra for the wireless link, even though you already have that at home, too!

But then again, dogs aren't allowed inside, so I only take this on hearsay. Master ties me up outside and goes in for the silly coffee thing. I have to fight with the birds for the crums outside the silly coffee place. Now if I can only convince him to take me there in the car (WHOPPEEE!), rather than walk me over for the coffee. If he spent less on coffee, I'd get a better grade of kibble!

But what do I know, I'm only a dog!

ARF ARF, says Iggy!

ARF, ARF says Iggy

#19325 - 02/27/03 01:37 PM Re: SPL Metre
thigg Offline
Gunslinger

sayyyy, iggy. what is really the frquency response of the ears of you doggy people?
i hear it's good but a cat once told me his was better.

------------------
t higg

#19326 - 02/27/03 01:57 PM Re: SPL Metre
Iggy The Dog Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: The Dog House
Thigg:

Hey, dude: Don't tell me you're gonna believe a cat? Come on, get outta here!

Due to National Security conditions I cannot reveal the hearing range of canines, but suffice to say, we're great, better than cats, and refuse to say what we think about DD vs. DTS. WE CAN tell the difference, but it's up to you humans to fight all that silly stuff.

I may be a dog, but this is one thing I DO know. Cats? You're kidding, right?

ARF ARF, says Iggy.

ARF, ARF says Iggy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts