Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#19199 - 02/19/03 08:41 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
I spent four and a half years there, getting my degree from Mississippi State.
You prob. had a more ‘refined’ time than my 2 visits. The first at about 12-14 of age with my Grandmother to see her sister and the Great Gparents homestead. They scared me to death there. Not heathens by any stretch but the kids in residence expected me to be worldly and wild coming from a ‘big –wicked’ city. And I thought someone had dropped me right in the middle of the movie Deliverance, banjo’s and all. (my mother would have died). 14 year old’s driving their Daddy’s trucks…..all the kids knew who was sleeping with whom, ( they only had one theater to keep them busy and it rolled the same tape for a month at a time). The second trip I was married and went with the women in the family for the Great Aunt Reunion. The Gt Aunt in Miss. won’t leave the state therefore to meet, - 4 from Calif. and others elsewhere, - had to travel to her in Maben. It was hilarious listening to 80 year women reminisce about fights when they pitched “Mother’s good teacup” at each other and fought over which would walk and who would ride on the one horse vs the one mule, when sent to ‘fetch’ molasses and ground flour. Light years away….from my upbringing ….and a very hard but very good life for my GM.

#19200 - 02/19/03 09:18 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
thigg Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Stone Mtn., Ga./USA
i have been reading and re-reading that last post SLL..i have been laughin so hard that i ... jst can't stand myself...i still can't quit dang it! now that's just not fair...oh...mine...ghot! that is exactly! wheere i'm from! i wuz born 2 miles from 'the crossroads'..in clarksdale, moved out all the way to the other side of ...OXFORD...to pontotoc...went from 1st to mid 7th grade there...place was like alice in wonderland,there, to me. jerked out of hole in 7th (1962...A.D.) and moved 15 & 1/2 miles away to...TUPELo, home o ellllvis! life smacked me in the face! welcome to subur-bee--uh! factory town...old people...no where ta go. no thing to dream perchance upon...so then we had a war...oh goody, i can leave home now...i can't reallly remember that decadence that well..they tell me it was like the sixties of something. but it wuz so far from 2012....
"what is the price of experience? it is bought in the market place where none can come to buy...it is bought by everything a man has...his heart his wife his children. it is an easy thing to sing to the wind...to hear a hungery raven cry...it is an easy thing......." W.B.,a long time ago

------------------
t higg

#19201 - 02/19/03 09:35 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
thigg Offline
Gunslinger

i forgot all the other comments ya got started. ok-ah-tibbee county...there...phonetics work well here. i know that area somewhat, he thinks, but it's been years...of course i still go back, got a sister and mother back there. clarksdale's the main home and some other little towns...we're all over there. in fact...we're all RE-LATED! h--l i think it's true...my third cousin is conway twitty! he's a jenkins of clarksdale which mathmatically makes him ... my cousin.
so, let's see...if robert johnson fell down at the crossroads (hwy 6 & 49) and muddy waters was born there later at a base of 3, and i was born there after waters at a base of 1.5 (3/1.5) then ....mddy waters is my ...daddy! and elvis is my ...brother!
i need a marguarita...and a jelly do-nut! priscilla

#19202 - 02/19/03 09:44 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
thigg Offline
Gunslinger

oh yeh, con way is dead...all the jenkins had that stomach problem thing. sooo, starkville...cow college...we used to pick muchrooms there by the friggin sack full. and then the agri-dept. found out what chemical to put into cow food that killed the spores...i think about that every time i bite into a cow. mooooooooooooooooooooo
we used ta drive to mayhew junction...cause that wuz the best place to get beer in all of the 'dry' counties...cept for going north to buford pusser country in tennessee about 50 or 60 miles. drive thru, legal alcohol...my dadee met Buford Pusser..he didn't look much like the actor...cept they were about the same stature. we could get ...STROH'S up there! drank 3 each on the way back every day to catch pyscho class in bonneSville jr. college. least that's the way the Grassroots pronounced it one nite. ouch!

------------------
t higg

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Who's Online
1 registered (Outlaw Ben), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts