Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#19189 - 02/18/03 07:43 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
I haven't had that problem, either with sattelite, laserdisc or VHS "S" video. I run component for DVD, but straight to the projector.

#19190 - 02/18/03 08:00 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
...i can't even understand it.

I got it, and don't be surprised if you c me borrowing some of your _ cuts. I can tell you've spent years e-m your life from rnd the globe.

Regarding your hold issue, I have not had and don't yet have experince using 950 switching since I try to go direct on all video. You mention your new dish box, check any choices it might have the prior did not...and sometimes these choices are not in logical designated areas such as 'setup'.

I just had trouble with the LCD when a new HD Dish was added on the roof not liking some 'retrace' choices in the Direct receiver. While I had the old round dish on line it had not applied. Created some very wierd artifacts depending on setting yet only sporadicaly on certain channels.

#19191 - 02/18/03 09:46 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
thigg Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Stone Mtn., Ga./USA
thanks SH & SLL. i don't have time to do system checking out like a lotta people. that's another reason for early retirement. we have a small portable WFM at work i think i'll go ahead and put on the sat box...i suspect there's the problem and per SLL, i'll check the menus on it for any other setup snafu's. i'm just more used to broadcast equipment. if we have that trouble, say on a sx deck, with a SDI (10 bit, mpeg-2) signal, it's usual because of sloppy baseband signals...improper backporch, unlocked or erratic color burst signals or some such. but those machines have extensive menus (& no ones allowed to mess with em but us)...you simply go into a setup menu and tell the machine that your gonna force a signal down its throat...and push accept...voila...crappy home shot of a plane going down is now sucked in and stabilized and quantified. did i once say that there are some good reasons for digital?
still...don't make me laugh at myself...this darn consumer gear is harder to figure out. probably cause i'm spoiled.
o and yeh, SLL i haven't been in one place for very long since '67. 2 years ago i was trying to put a handle on where the heck i'd been for the last 12 years...i pulled out all the expense reports i hadn't thrown away and started a file of where when and why...it got to about 125 and i just had to stop, there was still about 75 reports to go and that was 2 years ago! about 30% were in the states, the rest were S.america, europe,russia,far east,middle east, and a few places i don't even know how to find on a map today. oy vay! just the last four months i was in afghanistan, palistine,isreal (some think that's the same place...wrong!),jordan,and then kuwait...and they wanted me to go to yemen before i went home...i doth protest against that...(although they do have legal alcohol in that country). kuwait's so dry it's like the state i grew up in, miss-a-sipp-ee. liquor is everywhere..if you can afford it...150 a bottle. and the whole time i was just playing statsboro blues in me head. i knew when i got home there'd be some vinyl...and sweet melissa...and a new surround processor to tickle.

#19192 - 02/18/03 09:51 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
thigg Offline
Gunslinger

how did this column start anyway. i think we forgot about the mp3, huh? so far, no unlock on the set...funny, it was only on the independent film network i saw this. and that's about the only channel i watch, #2 is comedy central...love that news show...the only real news show ... in the world! (please don't tell eason jordan about this)
p.s. don't tell my friends i listen to mp3...i am an analogue guru. ripe & read

#19193 - 02/18/03 09:56 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Quote:
Originally posted by thigg:
t just the last four months i was in afghanistan, palistine,isreal (some think that's the same place...wrong!),jordan,and then kuwait...

You've been in some real choice vacation spots, haven't you! Any Harley dealers in Afghanistan?

#19194 - 02/18/03 11:45 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
Desperado

ever heard of Maben? I have some relatives there....one of my 'mutt' roots comes from that state. Choctaw (4 greats back) grandmother.
Good luck on the horizontal glitch, sounds like you'll have more insight than I will have been able to aquire after 20 years (when you have time) for setup for media related services. Unfortunately, round here we are the anal retentive set, our gear never lets you"stabilize and quantify and....stuff signal down its throat..." I can't afford THAT kind of gear, I have to learn to (work around) what IT wants to do and work my wiles on it, (when I can come up with them).

#19195 - 02/19/03 02:17 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
thigg Offline
Gunslinger

nah, i don't think there's one there, yet, but perhaps the world bank will help out. I stayed mostly at camp bagram in the mountains (brrr) and then a month in kabul a few months back. it's really not a bad place. we have an estate near the fringes of the city...really pretty, enclosed with a circular drive (in gate,out gate),with posted guards,24/7, the house is L shaped with bedrooms upstairs and down in one wing and the other has offices and huge kitchen and sat tv and big ol ceilings and outside we have our own 70 year old grape vines hanging from lattices that stretch across the front L and cross over the circular drive. gonna miss that. we also staff members of AKE at places like that...a group of ex-british (mostly scot) SBS and SAS military commandos. a great bunch and they always make sure i have a bottle o scotch where er i roam!

#19196 - 02/19/03 02:29 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
thigg Offline
Gunslinger

SLL:ever heard of Maben? I have some relatives there....one of my 'mutt' roots comes from that state. Choctaw (4 greats back) grandmother./
No, where's that? there are many reservations round here and mississippi (where i'm from)and N & S carolina. most are Choctaw and Cherokee. the cherokee name actually is generic for several hundred tribes that are considered ...genetically from the same ...blood i guess would be the term. on my mothers side there were 2 cherokee wifes, i guess that makes her (a burns from robert the bard) a scotish-indian, and i'd be a scottish-indian-englishman-american...or perhaps jst a scottish rite?
by the by...where is 'round here'? i think i read your bio page as i usual do that fore i answer anyone but i forget...that's age for you. there's two things you lose at my age. one's your memory and i can't remember the other one. sounds like you work in tv or media or communication (great album by dire straits). vhat does u do? for money SLL?

#19197 - 02/19/03 05:11 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
Desperado

where is ‘round here’?. First you come find me….then draw a circle [round me] that’s.. round here.

I misspoke in that sentence however meaning ‘round the Outlaws’ or ‘round’ any other retail grade AV products, which don’t have luxury of such quantilazation and stabilization as when you stated: “simply go into a setup menu and tell the machine that your gonna force a signal down its throat...and push accept...voila”

Maben = Oktibbeha County. Starkville or (much father east) Columbus would be closet recognizable bumps in the roads. A Scott!? Sore that’s pracktickly a heathen, ye are. You need the much more refined blend in my genealogy, (McCarthy) a proper Irish/Indian. Ta Bron orm, mo chroi goes out to ye. Ye pore uain! Tis terrible to be wanting of proper chlann!
Síth!

”sounds like you work in tv or media or communication” I wish! Window treatments (mainly commercial -residential, and I stay as far away from that (by running to Outlaw) as I can in my spare time.

#19198 - 02/19/03 05:39 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Oktibbeha county! Well, I'll be... I spent four and a half years there, getting my degree from Mississippi State. I thought the name Maben sounded familiar, but wasn't sure why.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts