Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#19169 - 02/16/03 12:54 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
The web site is www.motorcycle.com.

If you are afraid that the iPod won't work on a PC, it does now. Apple released a software package that works with PCs. I don't have an iPod myself, but I'd like to. You can use it as a general purpose storage device too for whatever files you want to transport.

Here is a pix of my bikes:

Kawasaki Nomad (modified extensively)

Suzuki V-Strom

And of course, a REAL bike!!

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited February 16, 2003).]

#19170 - 02/16/03 01:01 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
SH ...trying to see your 2nd bike. Your two personal links are not working from here. Some popup box, - something like - "webshot community, not owner of this album..log in"

[This message has been edited by Smart Little Lena (edited February 16, 2003).]

#19171 - 02/16/03 01:12 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Try this again... I tried using a free photo posting host and I guess they leave a cookie that logs me automatically into my private page, but other's can't get to. They also seem to add some of their own jpeg compression which degrades image quality quite a bit

#19172 - 02/16/03 01:45 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
Desperado

SH, forgive the ‘girly’ type comments but I do like your colors. I had seen your Nomad before and love that Blue, and the V-Strom is elegant (and wicked looking) with the silver, chrome and black.

Just my personal tastes, but unless its on a track, with all the bright stickers, I don’t tend to like the looks of major flame jobs, checkerboard, and use of a multiple versions of neon bright colors on one unit.

Let me go ahead and ‘show’ how on the fringe I am and ask the typical layperson query: How fast do they go? And have ‘you’ gone that fast attached to them?

#19173 - 02/16/03 03:20 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by Smart Little Lena:
How fast do they go? And have ‘you’ gone that fast attached to them?

The guy who did the paint job said to me that women seem to like that "burple" color - my wife didn't appreciate that one!

The cruiser has had some major engine work, and has a lot of pull. It still won't go as fast as a bike like the V-Strom (which is still not technically a sport bike, but has a sport bike engine), which I've had up to 130 before I almost pee'd my pants. The big thing about the V-Strom, like all such bikes is the insane acceleration - it is an addictive rush

Funny thing happened last summer. I was riding Angeles Crest Highway in the mountains, and a guy on a sport bike blasted past me like a was standing still. I stopped at a roadhouse up the road several miles, and it turns out this guy was something like seventy years old!! Grandma, do you know where your hubby is today?

#19174 - 02/16/03 04:09 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
thigg Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Stone Mtn., Ga./USA
SLL, sorry, i can't post pics from here. home is still in the dark ages. i could do it from work but i'd have to sneak a digi cam out for the day. been meaning ta buy one of those...but i keep spending money on harleys and processors and lots and lots of vinyl. it's another addiction.
SH, to late, i bought the jukebox...200 bucks from bestbuy.com. oh well, it's not as glitzy but performs about the same.
toys toys toys. right now i just can't buy anymore toys. the vette or a mach 1, restored...now that'd be ichi-ban! in '68, working at cocoa beach for nasa, i took a friend to pick up his new 350 shelby mach 1 at the melbourne dearler ... not the biggest engine but man o man...wut uh car! back then the local chevy dealer gave each returning astronaut a free 2 tone vette! only 2 tones made then were for them. nother friend there had a 'stang that was just plain scary! he built it all himself after getting out of 'nam. d--n thing hit 90+ in 2nd with room left over. today i really don't need or want all that muscle. in 2 weeks i retire...empty nester with a lotta toys and friends. packing it all up and moving to ashville, n.c. probaly get my masters and hopefully teach and finish my books i've been writing for 30 years. (publisher gave up on me, i think)
and oh, to SLL & the other guy, it's really good to know people still read. it's a long lost art which is mushrooming again. it's also a major compulsion of mine. my book library is as big as my cd,dvd,vinyl library.
not many junk books...but a full gamut of many subjects. favorite authors: kurt Vonnegut, tom robbins, bertrand russell.
music is the same way...old jazz & blues, female country artists, rock from the 50's to now (marmalade to 3rd eye blind), wierd stuff (monty python sings, warner reprise stuff from the vault (no not the Dead,early zappa,Capn beefheart,van zant,etc.), and oh yeh, the dead...simon & garfarkel,PPM, van the man...600+ albums and at least 550 with nary a tick or pop. you should see the eyeballs of the engineers when they come over and i a/b the cd and turntable. most of em now have hi end tables and are vinyl junkies. later

------------------
t higg

#19175 - 02/16/03 04:23 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by thigg:
in 2 weeks i retire..

Well, happy retirement!! You seem to have sufficient toys to last (do you have your supply of duct tape? ) Maybe I'll see you out on the road - I'll be the one on the "burple" bike (the one with all the women running after it )

------------------
The Soundhound Theater

#19176 - 02/16/03 04:40 PM Re: mp3 for bikes
thigg Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Stone Mtn., Ga./USA
soundhound, just posted u a mess. at outlaw to outlaw, your site rocks! u callyflowerian coastal people! me eldest daughter just moved back from SF...don't know why. i used ta work out there quite a lot (OJ trial,Oscars,conventions...prefer san diego..got to party w/ speilberg a few yrs ago..him n a bunch o actors...terrible at names...they're like all brothers n have been in a lotta hits,actually,when ya drink em under the table...they're quite fun guys! still, i jst couldn't keep up the pace there. livin on the road takes its toll.

------------------
t higg

#19177 - 02/17/03 01:09 AM Re: mp3 for bikes
Desperado

Burple! Tell your paint guy he’s got it all wrong. He can’t CALL it that no self respecting woman would buy a can of paint (or run behind a color) called ‘burple’. Call it royal eggplant or Godiva Blue or some such.

Just got in a little while ago from the AW TOE RAH MAW (this name cracks me up) I am so happy for the guys here tonight, we took that little 68 mustang coupe and dropped it splat on the floor of the DALLAS O'REILY ANNUAL AUTORAMA. And they had all kinds of nice (crazy car people) telling them, you should have had a tool kit….one wheel pulled off ……mirrors under the car for the suspension…. Display board…. judges handbook……your own set of ropes and stanchions around it…..it all counts for points……(all we had was the car)
There were three awards in its class, “Conservatively Modified Ford 60 to 69. Two “Outstanding in Class” and one ‘Best of Class’. They won an ‘outstanding in class’! Since we did not have the ‘details’ or knowledge (first official show) of how these people set up to show a car. And unlike all car owners we spoke with on the floors,,,ours is not trailored and garaged but a semi-daily driver, I’m very happy for them. This little mustang home project incidentally is partially responsible for driving me into AV, I had to find something to do while they were holed up in the garage.

which I've had up to 130 ….. all such bikes is the insane acceleration. Here they love to gather round the, “worst wrecks you ever saw in your entire life” specialty sport shows. I’ve seen those guys sliding ‘off’ the bike and down the pavement for about a mile before they lose steam. I HOPE your wearing Kevlar Leathers or something! Incidentally I love the idea of a bike, (and I have been found at terminal velocity myself) wind in your hair, long mountain backroads, but I see them buzzing in and out of 5 o’clock in the DFW area, (which is getting as bad as the last I remember downtown LA, - or worse) and I FEAR FOR THEIR LIVES.

i could do it from work but i'd have to sneak a digi cam out for the day. been meaning ta buy one of those I know the feeling, We have access to a dig cam, I have miniscule web space somewhere that comes with my DSL line, and the software’s loaded. Just never done it or figured out how to set up and post. SWB does not make it easy, I called them to ask "doesn’t your DSL come with a handbook" for all these services to walk you through setup…..No they don’t put that out.

Jeepers Outlaw its been one of those weekends, maybe its time for an ‘afterhourslounge’ or possibly that would be far too much encouragement for blowing steam and virtual mental road trips.

#19178 - 02/17/03 01:23 AM Re: mp3 for bikes
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by Smart Little Lena:
...., “worst wrecks you ever saw in your entire life”.......

Ooooooh, Yeah. When I was twenty-something and stupid (in contrast to being the age I am now, and stupid), I took one of my bikes out for "a short spin", and figured I didn't need a helmet - WRONG!! I went out of control around a corner and hit a tree, taking the bark of the tree off with my face!

Now I wear a helmet regularly....

Did somebody say pitchers of margaritas????

------------------
The Soundhound Theater

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited February 17, 2003).]

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts