In the off chance that someone who can do something will be reading and agree I'm gonna waste there time and anybody elses' who decides to take the time to read this thread with what I would like ot see in the next pre/pro from Outlaw.

1) Slope options on the bass management crossover. All I'm really interested in is 4th order in both directions at a global 80hz, but feel free to add 3rd, 2nd and 1st order slopes in both directions if it won't add too much to the cost.

Also, if the 950 does what is described in this article ( http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_9_3/feature-article-multiple-crossovers-9-2002. html ) when you select multiple crossover frequency settings for the different channels. Then ditch that feature and make a single global crossover if it saves cost as the multiple frequencies can only cause holes in your response. I think the slope options would be a much more useful way of spending money.

2) 12 or more parametric EQ bands for the sub output. Room interactions with our subs are one of the biggest problems a system can face (unless you have the great room with extensive acoustic treatments, but even then a couple bands of EQ could likely still be used). Having a good quality EQ for the LFE channel built into the next pre/pro would be a great feature to have. Maybe even two sub outputs each with their own set of bands for those that like to try multiple sub placement.

3) Have it save a main preset and maybe a few other presets for each mode. These should include just about every setting on the unit including master volume.

4) SACD and DVDA will hopefully finalize their digital connection standards in time for Outlaw's next pre/pro. So of course it should support both, and use the bass management options from points 1 and 2.

5) Two (maybe three) remote options when you purchase. A really cheap and basic remote from One For All that can't learn but has most of the codes, and advanced codes in the manual for the rest of the codes that can be used to program an already purchased good quality learning remote. This option would accompany a price break. The second would be a Home Theater Master MX500 or 700. The maybe third would be a Pronto. Make it buyers choice at purchase with the appropriate cost differences.

5) As a given, which I think they did for the 950. DACs and ADCs that are at the point of diminishing returns in sound quality/cost ratio in the opinion of Outlaw's engineers. DACs being more important though as hopefully at the point in time this pre/pro would be released only my VCR will be using an analog audio connection and that will only be used for watching my brothers animation clips that won't have any audio (so coax and optical digital inputs for every mode should be standard as well). And support for all prevelent sound formats with limited silly DSP modes like Yamaha loves.

6) Two finish options. Standard Outlaw style and standard audio equipment black style.

Here's hoping my wish list comes true, and for less than $1000US. I won't be ready to buy for over a year, so get to work you crazy Outlaws

------------------

[This message has been edited by Bart (edited February 08, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Bart (edited February 08, 2003).]