Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#19155 - 02/03/03 01:55 PM Re: DVI/HDCP and Firewire
charlie Offline
Desperado

Now that we've all made the leap to watching and listening to content delivered via a computer (whether we realize it or not) I'd be in favor of ANY format that's open ended, so that it can be extended without huge costs in ancillary equipment.

It's my preference that the content should eventually be delivered in as much resolution and detail as possible and the 'best fitting' to the final output device should happen at the end. This is why I really like the concept of getting free of x.y audio too - just encode the mixing engineers intentions into the data stream and let the local decoder sort it out at my end.

This will probably happen, someday, but I'm sure not holding my breath on that one.

#19156 - 02/09/03 03:33 AM Re: DVI/HDCP and Firewire
Will Offline
Desperado

Loc: LA's The Place
Quote:

if I could just turn my AV bugitis off and activate it to purchase only in 5 yr increments I'd be more satisfied with the progress acomplished.

Yes but life is short and we all have fewer 5 year increments than 1 year increments on earth, and we learned as kids that life's better when we get new toys at least once a year.

#19157 - 11/20/03 09:24 PM Re: DVI/HDCP and Firewire
Barney Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Austin,Texas,US
Well Howdy folks, been awhile.
I've updated my system since my last post. I now have a Toshiba 51HX83 (I wanted a Samsung DLP, too high, etc) Sony SATHD300 DirecTV STB & a Samsung DVDHD931 DVD player. Now I have two with DVI/HDCP outputs & only one in-put. I need to upgade my old Marantz SR880 with a pre/pro with DVI/HDCP switching.
Here is a switcher: http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=1819

Why not have DVI switching on pre/pros (why just analog component)....I'd buy a new Outlaw pre/pro with DVI switching (the new flagship Sony xxx9000xxx has it)....I don't think I'm the only person out there that would love one. More & more DVD players are offering this connection and boo-koo's of STB's have DVI/HDCP outputs.....

Please........950 is getting "old"...please, with sugar on it!!!

Barney

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 130 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts