Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#18496 - 05/17/09 10:22 AM Where In The World Is Oil Can
Oil Can Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shelbyville, KY, USA
Do to gross mismanagement and incompetence the old Oil Can, and 134 others; (more to be crushed later) are moving on. Working for a major oil company had its perks, but the bureaucracy, and political infighting sucked. It will soon be goodbye Plainfield Illinois, and hello Shelbyville Kentucky. If there is anyone on the forum who lives in the Louisville area I'm sure I'll need a heads up as to where I can acquire those small bits, and pieces that you always need at the last minute. The room that will have to be the new spot for the home theater equipment is not the best, but it will have to do. The center rear and surround speakers will have to go on stands (no walls to hang them on). (Whose idea was open floor plans anyway?) To raise the speakers above the height of the back of the couch they will need to be 30 inches. Any suggestions? Let’s not break the bank if we can. I am a function over form sort of guy (no wife) so ascetics are not very important. Thanks folks. Later.

#18497 - 05/17/09 03:08 PM Re: Where In The World Is Oil Can
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Quote:
To raise the speakers above the height of the back of the couch they will need to be 30 inches. Any suggestions? Let’s not break the bank if we can.
I got my stands from Stands and Mounts , but there are some other sites (like this one and this one ) that have similar offerings. 30" stands seem to start around $60 for a pair. Amazon.com has some, with this one being the cheapest option ($30 for a pair) - although I'm not sure how stable they actually are.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 89 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts