Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >
Topic Options
#18056 - 12/31/08 05:06 AM Coming in January
PeterT Offline
Gunslinger

Dear Fellow Outlaws,

Believe or not, in 2009 we will celebrate our tenth year in business. We sincerely thank you all for your loyalty and support.

We have many exciting announcements planned to mark our anniversary, starting with something that is new, very different, and not previously discussed in any of our newsletters. If you love movies as much as we do, look for a major announcement coming your way in January.

Until then, the Outlaws wish you all a Happy New Year.

Peter

#18057 - 12/31/08 05:47 AM Re: Coming in January
mdrconsult Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Austin, Texas
Well Peter, could this mean there is a Blu-Ray player coming from Outlaw? I would be interested, but you are going to have to put something really good together to compete with the likes of Oppo. Or maybe you are just going to be partnering with Oppo like you did on the SMS-1.

Whatever it is I am sure it will be something tasty!

Happy New Year to all of you at Outlaw and Thank You for your dedication to delivering quality products and great customer service.
Emotiva XMC-1, Outlaw 7500, Sonus Faber Olympica III Fronts, SF Liuto Center, SF Surrounds, LFM-1 EX, Oppo BDP-103D, Apple TV (Gen. 4), Mitsubishi 65" Diamond DLP, Outlaw Cables, PS Audio Power Quintet, Duet and power cords.

#18058 - 12/31/08 02:28 PM Re: Coming in January
PeterT Offline
Gunslinger

mdrconsult,

That was an excellent conclusion. You probably know that at Outlaw we have the highest regard for Oppo:

-Their products are terrific.

-Many of our customers (including Gonk) own an Oppo player.

Those who visit this forum know that both Gonk and I are Beta testing their new Blu-Ray player. I now have enough experience to know that when this player is released, I will choose it for my system and recommend it to all of my friends and colleagues.

So your guess makes a lot of sense----EXCEPT that is not what we will be announcing. Wait.

Happy New Year

Peter

#18059 - 12/31/08 02:36 PM Re: Coming in January
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
Maybe a blu-ray in the works... interesting. What else could it be though. Suggestions anyone.

MY HOME THEATER PICTURES http://community.webshots.com/user/bonesnipe

#18060 - 12/31/08 03:15 PM Re: Coming in January
og33 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: White Cloud, Michigan
Hmmm...maybe the Outlaws are getting into video displays (plasma or lcd) or projectors??
Panasonic BDP-45
Outlaw LFM-2

2 Channel:
Red Dragon M-500 monoblocks
BAT-VK3i
Salk HT-1TL's
Apple TV
Beresford 7520 DAC
Surgex XS10

#18061 - 12/31/08 03:41 PM Re: Coming in January
RedSIinPA Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Outside Phila.
Peter alerady ruled out a BD player and I'm not surprised by that at all.

I would guess - possibly a music server-related device, or maybe the "1070-version" of the 997. Or maybe floor speakers?? I see Outlaw as an audio company. So I'm not biting on anything video related yet. But it would be a surprise!
Elite 50" / Aquos 32"
Squeezebox Radio

Stereo Setup:
NAD C326BEE (50Wx2)
Elite DV-47Ai Universal SACD/DVD-A
Citypulse DA7.2x II + TXCO DAC
B&W 685s
JL Fathom F112
Denon AH-D2000 Headphones

#18062 - 12/31/08 03:46 PM Re: Coming in January
AvFan Offline
Desperado

Loc: El Cajon, California
My guess...2 channel. How about a stereo amp and preamp to be a companion to, or replacement of, the RR-2150? And maybe a full range speaker too.

#18063 - 12/31/08 03:55 PM Re: Coming in January
RedSIinPA Offline
Gunslinger

Yes maybe 2 and 3 channel amps?

Good to see that Outlaw is weathering (or seeming to weather) these tough economic times and pushing new products through it all.
Elite 50" / Aquos 32"
Squeezebox Radio

Stereo Setup:
NAD C326BEE (50Wx2)
B&W 685s
JL Fathom F112

#18064 - 12/31/08 04:28 PM Re: Coming in January
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
My guess is a combo offer of the 990/997 with the BDP-83 from OPPO. Maybe even a 3 way with an amp choice too. Makes perfect sense to spice up the sales of both units, especially with PeterT testing the BDP already. What do you say Peter?

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#18065 - 12/31/08 04:50 PM Re: Coming in January
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Interesting... I look forward to hearing what's in the works. An OPPO partnership of some sort (either reselling or aa BDP-83 with Outlaw sheet metal) was my first thought, too, but that's ruled out based on Peter's second post. It was probably wishful thinking on my part, anyway. smile

As for the rest of the ideas listed - the "movies" clue seems important. That would seem to rule out two- or three-channel amps and floorstanding speakers, since those would work as well (or even better) for music. A 970 successor is more appropriate, but still doesn't seem to specifically fit with movies.

#18066 - 12/31/08 05:19 PM Re: Coming in January
nomoneybutgoodsound Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mission,BC
My guess would be floor standing speakers to go with the bookshelves and the LCR. It would seem that Outlaw only sells one of everything except the 970 and 990. But as Gonk has pointed out, it would "fit with movies" so it might be a stretch. In any event, it is exciting to see what is up and coming.

#18067 - 12/31/08 06:34 PM Re: Coming in January
psyprof1 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA
Except for the part about loving movies I would have guessed a standalone phono preamp based on the 2150. Sigh.

A better 2009 to all.

#18068 - 12/31/08 06:35 PM Re: Coming in January
Keta Offline
Desperado

Loc: Central VA
Tactile transducer !!

#18069 - 12/31/08 07:15 PM Re: Coming in January
73Bruin Offline
Desperado

Loc: Torrance, CA USA
My guess is some sort of outboard digital consumer level processor. Possibly involving the guts of the 997 (e.g. multiple HDMI inputs and a mic input) and 7 channel analog output at line level).

This would meet the needs of those who have older systems that cannot process the new signal formats but have analog input. It would also work for those who want to run a home theater bypass for music.

It would be even better if it provided the video processing out of the 997 as well. It could have multiple HDMI inputs and output HDMI, DVI and possibly component.
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
LG OLED65C8PUA via HDMI2 to/from 976 HDMI ARC
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay
Amazon FireStick 4K to 976 Aux HDMI input for Amazon Music Ultra

#18070 - 12/31/08 08:03 PM Re: Coming in January
gonk Offline
Desperado

I think that if we're talking about speaker development, I'd anticipate surrounds before floorstanders (even though the latter would probably be easier to develop) simply because that's the greater gap in the speaker product line. Either way, I doubt we're looking at a speaker announcement.
Quote:
starting with something that is new, very different, and not previously discussed in any of our newsletters.
I'm looking over toward left field, but so far it's hard to see what's out there... smile

#18071 - 01/01/09 02:47 AM Re: Coming in January
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

Perhaps they are going to open up a chain of movie theaters. You know OUTLAW CINEMAS... with the worlds most advanced cinematic audio setup bringing Trinnov technology to the masses. JK of course.

#18072 - 01/01/09 08:31 PM Re: Coming in January
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

maybe Outlaw is going to offer a theater package system for high end consumers. Something similar to what Atlantic Technology and Epson did with the Ensemble 1080 back in 07.

What do you think? This would definitely be a new path for Outlaw.

http://www.ensemblehd.com/

#18073 - 01/02/09 03:25 AM Re: Coming in January
Lizard King Offline
Desperado

Loc: NY
Hey Peter,

The Lizard King, I can do anything here :-)

Outlaw Audio is a great HT company. Can you make your newest line better for Audio, 2 channel, not just surround?

Quote:
Originally posted by PeterT:
Dear Fellow Outlaws,

Believe or not, in 2009 we will celebrate our tenth year in business. We sincerely thank you all for your loyalty and support.

We have many exciting announcements planned to mark our anniversary, starting with something that is new, very different, and not previously discussed in any of our newsletters. If you love movies as much as we do, look for a major announcement coming your way in January.

Until then, the Outlaws wish you all a Happy New Year.

Peter
HSU VTF-2 Mk2 sub x2
VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp
ARC SP16-L tube Preamp
Audio Note Dac 2.1 "B" signature
Furutech E-TP80,
Ascend HTM-200, 340C
Sony KDS-55A2020

#18074 - 01/02/09 04:53 AM Re: Coming in January
tru blu Offline
Desperado

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Wish I knew enough about HT to add something meaty to the speculation. Outlaw's projection screen announcement really threw me. Back then, I'd suggested a universal player with a decent price point, but that's clearly OPPO's turf--as has been pointed out by Peter T himself.

What are we missing? :p

#18075 - 01/02/09 12:07 PM Re: Coming in January
PeterT Offline
Gunslinger

Before all of this speculation on new directions for Outlaw spins wildly out of control, we will, instead, become involved with something from another company. That being said, we will have an Outlaw twist on some interesting enhancements.

As for Outlaw branded products, we are working on four or five new offerings this year. Each one, including of course, the 997, is in various stages of development. All of these products speak to our core competency in areas where we already have a history.

Suffice it to say, that for this January announcement, most of us in Outlaw will want for ourselves what we will soon offer to our customers. Actually, one of us (not me) already has one and won’t part with it to have us “check” it. So, I too have to wait.

Peter

#18076 - 01/02/09 06:25 PM Re: Coming in January
gonk Offline
Desperado

So this January announcement is a partnership similar to the Velodyne SMS-1... That would seem to rule out surround receiver, surround processor, amplifiers, and speakers. And since you've ruled out the most obvious candidate (a Blu-ray player, either Outlaw-badged or a partnership with OPPO for the BDP-83), that takes disc players off the table as well. Well, this should be interesting... smile

#18077 - 01/02/09 06:36 PM Re: Coming in January
gonk Offline
Desperado

Alright, I'll toss out two guesses. Since it's related to movies and it's a partnership with another company, two fairly strong possibilities would be a video processor (maybe something like the DVDO Edge) or a front projector. If I had to guess one of the two, I'd lean toward the video processor. That's my best SWAG...

#18078 - 01/02/09 08:04 PM Re: Coming in January
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
My guess: A stand alone Trinnov-based room correction box.

Now we wait..........

#18079 - 01/02/09 08:46 PM Re: Coming in January
bestbang4thebuck Offline
Desperado

Loc: Maryland
So, what would Outlaw like to offer their customers such that a partnership with another company makes sense? Like the SMS-1, something it wouldn’t make sense to do on their own when something already exists, at a reasonable price/performance ratio, that fits goals Outlaw had in mind. But unlike the SMS-1, something in a direction Outlaw had yet to go. In the progression from playback through processing to reproduction, Outlaw has covered the middle of the process in several ways, already including upcoming Trinnov processing, and in aural reproduction with loudspeakers and subwoofers. That leaves two areas not available through Outlaw: sources, such as disc playback or media storage/playback, or visual reproduction. But what playback/storage technology isn’t already being well covered by vendors?

In my view, video projection or display is one good guess. However, there are many types of display and projection out there – not so rare as to garner the remark, “Actually, one of us (not me) already has one and won’t part with it to have us ‘check’ it. So, I too have to wait.” Unless, of course, the display is of a type of just-coming-to-market technology.

I’ve not ventured into HD because I’m unwilling to accept the drawbacks of plasma or LCD displays, nor will I buy something that needs a new lamp every so often – then there’s the power consumption issue of all three of these technologies. But there are now, just coming to market, technologies based on LED and/or laser light sources that are very promising. Now if Outlaw offered a combo that included HDMI functionality in a processor, the 997, matched with an HDMI capability in a newer display technology … now that would be tempting.

#18080 - 01/02/09 09:01 PM Re: Coming in January
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

maybe a projector with Dolby Labs HDR technology built into the unit. That would be interesting to see. I don't no but the hint that it has something to do with movies it telling. It has to have something to do with the video side of things. At least we won't have to wait long to find out.

I wonder who it is that has this little unit at home with them already and refuses to share. They are probably reading this thread and having a good laugh at all our guessing.

#18081 - 01/03/09 05:32 AM Re: Coming in January
Keta Offline
Desperado

Loc: Central VA
Maybe some theater seating.

#18082 - 01/03/09 03:12 PM Re: Coming in January
AvFan Offline
Desperado

Loc: El Cajon, California
Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
Alright, I'll toss out two guesses. Since it's related to movies and it's a partnership with another company, two fairly strong possibilities would be a video processor (maybe something like the DVDO Edge) or a front projector. If I had to guess one of the two, I'd lean toward the video processor. That's my best SWAG...
A video processor would provide an interesting alternative to the 997 for current 990 owners. As a beta tester Peter T. provided glowing comments regarding the DVDO/ABT video processor (same as the Edge) in the OPPO BDP-83. With a Blu Ray player decoding and outputting the new audio formats via analog 7.1 and an Outlaw video processor (Edge: yes, yes!) I can keep my 990.

This is a much juicier announcement than my earlier suggestion of 2-channel audio.

#18083 - 01/04/09 02:48 AM Re: Coming in January
TooManyHobbies Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: XXX
I'm inclined to think this new product announcement might be along the lines of a home theater box to download and store movies from the Internet, for example, the VUDU (www.vudu.com). Movie downloading seems to be the latest direction for acquiring movie content, and there's not a lot available other than being connected to a Windows Media PC or a game box. I'd definitely prefer to have a download solution for my home theater that was not connected to my computer system, since my computers and home theater are in different, non-adjacent rooms of the house. One of Outlaw's Internet competitors is considering offering integration with Control4 technology, and downloading movie content for home theater is one of the services provided by a Control4 system. However, having seen what Control4 offers in comparison to VUDU, I'd opt for the VUDU system. And this could go beyond what VUDU is currently offering. Anyway, another direction to consider.

Bill

#18084 - 01/04/09 04:22 AM Re: Coming in January
garcianc2003 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington, DC
Quote:
Before all of this speculation on new directions for Outlaw spins wildly out of control...
...so much for that plan... LOL

#18085 - 01/05/09 01:59 AM Re: Coming in January
Guido Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Northern Virginia
Furniture

#18086 - 01/05/09 03:25 PM Re: Coming in January
tkntz Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: United States
The hint that this new announcement relates to movies, but NOT Blu-Ray is perplexing. I would be shocked to see Outlaw get involved in any type of display system due too the competitiveness of this product area and the continual technological developments. I would lean toward "TooManyHobbies" suggestion of some sort of server or even a NetFlix box. But once again, this is a pretty big moving target for a small firm like Outlaw Audio. These products that are in a continual state of development are difficult for smaller firms. Amps, pre-amps, speakers; these products tend to have longer life cycles, providing for a better return on R&D. I have to say I'm intrigued. Peter hints that it will be their own twist on a pre-existing product. True genius on the part of the Outlaws to announce that they're GOING to have an announcement!

#18087 - 01/05/09 03:39 PM Re: Coming in January
gonk Offline
Desperado

Keep in mind that the announcement is for a partnership. That means there isn't a major R&D issue associated with it, at least for Outlaw. The twist they put on it may be more manageable as a result.

#18088 - 01/05/09 03:53 PM Re: Coming in January
akdrama Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Maine
At first I was thinking video, goes with "something that is new, and very different..." and movies...but the suggestion of movie downloads....a digital media server/storage is an interesting idea.

Then there is this entery...
"Suffice it to say, that for this January announcement, most of us in Outlaw will want for ourselves what we will soon offer to our customers. Actually, one of us (not me) already has one and won’t part with it to have us “check” it. So, I too have to wait." Peter

Note "has one" so I would rule out a theater box system....but what about a center channel...no, not "very different" from the LCR...CURSES!!

Bold marketing by the way. Nothing like chattica to build up a frenzy.

Could it have something to do with....Where's Liz King? (looking over my shoulder)....tuuubes?

Before I pull all my hair out...I'm going with media server or video processing. Final answer....?
Outlaw 990/7125/ATI 150; Mirage OM-5 Mains,OM-C2Cntr,OM-7 Sides,OM-9 rears; Boston Acoustics P1000 Sub; Sony NC555ES CDP; Panasonic 52" plasma, Sony 34" XBR CRT; Grant Fidelity B-283 Tube Buffer; Belkin Pure AV P60

#18089 - 01/05/09 04:07 PM Re: Coming in January
akdrama Offline
Gunslinger

Surround sound headphones?

Ok, so I am not giving up...

Blockbuster has a new set-top box btw...
Outlaw 990/7125/ATI 150; Mirage OM-5 Mains,OM-C2Cntr,OM-7 Sides,OM-9 rears; Boston Acoustics P1000 Sub; Sony NC555ES CDP; Panasonic 52" plasma, Sony 34" XBR CRT; Grant Fidelity B-283 Tube Buffer; Belkin Pure AV P60

#18090 - 01/05/09 04:19 PM Re: Coming in January
tkntz Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
Keep in mind that the announcement is for a partnership. That means there isn't a major R&D issue associated with it, at least for Outlaw. The twist they put on it may be more manageable as a result.
Good point. I also noticed after my original post what Peter wrote later:

Quote:

As for Outlaw branded products, we are working on four or five new offerings this year. Each one, including of course, the 997, is in various stages of development. All of these products speak to our core competency in areas where we already have a history.
The key part of that statement being that it will be a product from an area where Outlaw "already (has) a history." This would seem to eliminate most of the suggestions made so far, including my own. I guess in the end, the definition of "partnership" is the key.

Lets recap our clues:
  • It is new, different and not previously discussed in any of the forums.
  • However, it is from a product area Outlaw has previously been involved with.
  • It is a "major" announcement.
  • It relates to movies.
  • It is a partnership.
  • It does not include Oppo?
  • It will be something from another company with an Outlaw twist.
  • There is one of these products in existence that is so key to an Outlaw employee's system that he/she will not part with it.

That last clue seems to exclude anything any speakers or the 997 can accomplish. I am at a loss.

#18091 - 01/05/09 04:26 PM Re: Coming in January
akdrama Offline
Gunslinger

Why do I have visions of Peter sitting behind his computer rubbing his hands and giggling mischievously?

#18092 - 01/05/09 04:39 PM Re: Coming in January
tkntz Offline
Gunslinger

I'm sure they're all enjoying the speculation!

#18093 - 01/05/09 04:47 PM Re: Coming in January
73Bruin Offline
Desperado

Time for a contest?
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay

#18094 - 01/05/09 05:03 PM Re: Coming in January
akdrama Offline
Gunslinger

Scoobie Snacks??!!

#18095 - 01/05/09 05:49 PM Re: Coming in January
bestbang4thebuck Offline
Desperado

Loc: Maryland
tkntz makes an association that may or may not apply. If the partnership means that Outlaw offers a product that is NOT Outlaw branded, as has been the case with the SMS-1, then there is no limit to products already a part of Outlaw’s history. If such is the case then a partnership offering would not “eliminate the suggestions made so far” and the point “However, it is from a product area Outlaw has previously been involved with” would not apply.

tkntz, why the impression that the new partnership product would be Outlaw branded? Did I miss something?

#18096 - 01/05/09 06:02 PM Re: Coming in January
akdrama Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Before all of this speculation on new directions for Outlaw spins wildly out of control, we will, instead, become involved with something from another company. That being said, we will have an Outlaw twist on some interesting enhancements....

Peter
This may have led to an impression of Outlaw branding on the new "unit."

#18097 - 01/05/09 06:42 PM Re: Coming in January
tkntz Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by bestbang4thebuck:
[b]tkntz makes an association that may or may not apply. If the partnership means that Outlaw offers a product that is NOT Outlaw branded, as has been the case with the SMS-1, then there is no limit to products already a part of Outlaw’s history. If such is the case then a partnership offering would not “eliminate the suggestions made so far” and the point “However, it is from a product area Outlaw has previously been involved with” would not apply.

tkntz, why the impression that the new partnership product would be Outlaw branded? Did I miss something? [/b]
I really am not assuming that it will be Outlaw branded, but as akdrama points out, it will have Outlaw influenced enhancements.

However, upon looking at Peter's third post on this topic, the topic of Outlaw branded products is a separate discussion from this new "major" announcement. I am leaning toward it NOT being an Outlaw branded product after reading his post again:
Quote:
Before all of this speculation on new directions for Outlaw spins wildly out of control, we will, instead, become involved with something from another company. That being said, we will have an Outlaw twist on some interesting enhancements.

So then the question would move toward, "What product could Outlaw offer from another firm and what could they do to enhance that product without re-branding it?"

Bestbang4thebuck may be on to something here!

Thanks.

#18098 - 01/05/09 06:57 PM Re: Coming in January
garcianc2003 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington, DC
After all this dissecting of words, the term "irrational exhuberance" comes to mind. I may need to brush-up on my Fed-Speak.

#18099 - 01/05/09 07:00 PM Re: Coming in January
Petey B Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Baltimore
I vote for a high end Universal Remote optimized for the 997 settings and functions.

#18100 - 01/05/09 07:14 PM Re: Coming in January
tkntz Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by garcianc2003:
After all this dissecting of words, the term "irrational exhuberance" comes to mind. I may need to brush-up on my Fed-Speak.
True. I wouldn't call it "irrational exuberance" though. Just intellectual curiosity. wink

#18101 - 01/05/09 07:19 PM Re: Coming in January
akdrama Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by tkntz:
Quote:
Originally posted by garcianc2003:
[b] After all this dissecting of words, the term "irrational exhuberance" comes to mind. I may need to brush-up on my Fed-Speak.
True. I wouldn't call it "irrational exuberance" though. Just intellectual curiosity. wink [/b]
Or a fun topic to procrastinate from what I should really be doing...

#18102 - 01/06/09 05:39 AM Re: Coming in January
dvenardos Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Thousand Oaks, Ca
No idea what the movie related product could be, but the four or five new outlaw products is very exciting.

#18103 - 01/13/09 08:09 PM Re: Coming in January
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Ok, still eagerly awaiting this announcement.

Any word Outlaws?

#18104 - 01/15/09 01:13 AM Re: Coming in January
rubbersoul Offline
Desperado

Loc: folsom, pa.
Hey Outlaws smile

Congratulations on your TENTH!!

Peter you must be the orginal riddler. :rolleyes:
You started a snowball that will get bigger and bigger.
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server
Mac-Mini
ROON

#18105 - 01/15/09 12:21 PM Re: Coming in January
rubbersoul Offline
Desperado

Unless it it something that can convert my 1080i scaling on my Infocus7205 to 1080p...I don't know what else can whew me.
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Air-Server
Mac-Mini
ROON

#18106 - 01/15/09 01:59 PM Re: Coming in January
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Maybe a large screen TV combo package with the 997 and an OPPO BDP-83.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE

#18107 - 01/17/09 02:02 AM Re: Coming in January
dvenardos Offline
Gunslinger

Hey we are halfway through January. smile

#18108 - 01/21/09 09:42 PM Re: Coming in January
candyman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Beaverton
Hey, we're 2/3 of the way through January. smile
Samsung 65" LED TV
Front: Martin Logan reQuests & Logos
Surround: Martin Logan Fresco i via Outlaw OAWA3
Sub: ACI Maestro w/ ICE amp

#18109 - 01/22/09 08:06 PM Re: Coming in January
PeterT Offline
Gunslinger

OK candyman,

You are right that we are two thirds of the way through the month and there is still no announcement.

Well, It took us a while to sign off on all of the agreements and now everything is ready to go.
At 10:00 PM (EST) tonight we will reveal what Scott has been hogging all to himself and not allowing me to "test". Please watch your in-boxes tonight.

Peter

#18110 - 01/22/09 08:20 PM Re: Coming in January
RedSIinPA Offline
Gunslinger

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... laugh
Elite 50" / Aquos 32"
Squeezebox Radio

Stereo Setup:
NAD C326BEE (50Wx2)
B&W 685s
JL Fathom F112

#18111 - 01/22/09 08:31 PM Re: Coming in January
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

I will definitely be checking my emails tonight! cool

#18112 - 01/22/09 09:16 PM Re: Coming in January
tkntz Offline
Gunslinger

First an announcement that there is going to be an announcement in January. Then we get an announcement that there will be an announcement later today? Good times! I'll be checking my email this evening...Wish it was a delivery date on the 997...

#18113 - 01/22/09 09:20 PM Re: Coming in January
gonk Offline
Desperado

It looks like we'll have some fun reading later this evening...

#18114 - 01/22/09 09:28 PM Re: Coming in January
Scott Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Then we get an announcement that there will be an announcement later today? Good times!
Just Peter's way of making sure the announcement is mailed tonight so he can finally have a crack at this "thing" I refuse to share... wink

#18115 - 01/22/09 09:47 PM Re: Coming in January
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Awright awready! Sheesh!!

Teasing a bunch of Outlaws can be mighty risky!! :p

#18116 - 01/22/09 09:55 PM Re: Coming in January
Scott Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by Cadboy:

Teasing a bunch of Outlaws can be mighty risky!! :p
I don't know, Peter's pretty quick on the draw! laugh

#18117 - 01/22/09 10:06 PM Re: Coming in January
Brian Y. Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Memphis, TN
997 Shipping 1 Feb.... :-)
Outlaw LFM-1EX
Outlaw 7200
Outlaw 997 pre-pro (waiting..)
Panasonic PT-AE3000u projector
Oppo BDP-83 (waiting..)

http://picasaweb.google.com/usmchercpilot/MediaRoomPics#

#18118 - 01/23/09 12:11 AM Re: Coming in January
candyman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Beaverton
Quote:
OK candyman,

You are right that we are two thirds of the way through the month and there is still no announcement.
Thank you Peter. My post was just my way of marking time, providing an innocuous bump, and indicating I'm looking forward to the announcement.

Looks like I'll have some reading when I get home.

Rob
Samsung 65" LED TV
Front: Martin Logan reQuests & Logos
Surround: Martin Logan Fresco i via Outlaw OAWA3
Sub: ACI Maestro w/ ICE amp

#18119 - 01/23/09 02:48 AM Re: Coming in January
ndskurfer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Bismarck, ND
You guys are good, really good. There are dozens of Outlaws that will be refreshing their inbox in the next hour. Looks like I will not be going to bed early as I thought I would....

#18120 - 01/23/09 04:20 AM Re: Coming in January
gonk Offline
Desperado

I've got a copy of it in my inbox. (I get Outlaw newsletters to two different addresses, and my gonk account usually gets it first - my other account hasn't seen it yet, so if any of you haven't seen it yet just wait a little longer.) It looks like TooManyHobbies wins the prize - he guessed Vudu.

#18121 - 01/23/09 04:33 AM Re: Coming in January
butchgo Offline
Desperado

Loc: Southern Oregon coast
So who cares about Vodu??????
Where is the 997????????
Outlaw 7500 for LCR & L/R surrounds
1- Emotiva Mini X-A100 for rear surrounds
2- Outlaw LFM-1 EX subs
Oppo BDP-105 Blu-ray/DVD/SACD player
Outlaw LCR (Snell Labs) for center channel duty
Tekton Enzo XL L/R
4- Emotiva ERD-1s surround speakers
Monster HTS3600MKII power center

#18122 - 01/23/09 04:39 AM Re: Coming in January
Dannic Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Edmonton,Alberta, Canada
Since I'm more of a "hard copy" kind of person, I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to these new internet movie services.

In all honesty, can Vudu's movie service seriously compete in both audio and visual quality to a reference Blu Ray disc?

Us guys with front projectors won't settle for anything less.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Onix Rockets 850 Mains
RSC 200 Centre
RS 300 Surrounds
RK 250 Rears

Marantz DV 9500 DVD
Panasonic BD-55 Blu Ray Player
JVC RS 20 Projector
106" DaLite HP Screen

Outlaw Interconnects
Blue Jeans Cables

#18123 - 01/23/09 04:54 AM Re: Coming in January
gonk Offline
Desperado

Here's the full letter for anyone curious to see it all:
Quote:
As some of you may already know, 2009 marks the Outlaw's tenth anniversary! We're planning lots of specials throughout the year to mark the occasion, and today we're starting the celebration off with something very special!

The core of our business has always been, and will remain, products that we develop for sale exclusively under our own brand. However, we occasionally come across something that we know will interest you, but which is a bit too much off the track for us to develop ourselves, like the Velodyne SMS-1. Whenever we can provide these types of products to you at value pricing in combination with our own gear, we will continue to add them to our portfolio.

So hold on to your cowboy hats Outlaws, because we have one of those very special products to kick off our anniversary celebration.

Introducing Vudu XL

Imagine having access to your very own video rental store where every title in your catalog is ALWAYS in stock. Now expand that selection to include movies in high definition and Dolby Digital playback. For the average home theater enthusiast that would be a dream come true!

There are many products and services available today that attempt to do that by delivering movies and other types of content electronically, without the need to go to the video store or wait for a red and white envelope to arrive in the mail. The concept is great, but the interfaces are often less than perfect, and sometimes you have to order the movie from your computer before you can see it on your system. However, none of the products available to date has been quite good enough to put in our own homes, or to offer to our fellow Outlaws.

That is, until we spent some time with Vudu. If you love movies and enjoy having new or different titles available whenever you want them, this is a product that, once you have it in your system, you will wonder how you lived without it. In our opinion, it has the best interface of any content-delivery product on the market and is paired with one of the easiest to use and most comfortable remotes we've ever used.

Vudu offers an incredibly wide range of programming, from the latest hit movies to old classics.* To make a good thing even better, they have recently added access to YouTube and a wide range of other content services, including news programs from ABC, CBS, NBC and MSNBC, sports programming from ESPN and much more.*

Vudu is also the only electronic program delivery service currently offering movie rentals in 1080/24p. On the audio side, Vudu doesn't scrimp, as some of the other movie services do, when it comes to number of channels. Vudu uses Dolby Digital Plus for transmission and features a Dolby Digital 5.1 output via HDMI or S/P-DIF (optical or coax).

The First Celebration

We're telling you this because as part of our Tenth Anniversary celebration, Outlaw Audio has become the exclusive authorized Internet retailer for the Vudu XL, the latest and greatest product from this innovative company. Although it is the same physical size as the standard Vudu you may have seen at "big box" retail stores, it differs in a number of important areas. First, and most importantly, it has an incredible one-terabyte internal hard drive, four times the size of the drive in the standard Vudu box. This gives you the capacity to store up to 500 full-length SD movies and assures that your unit will have room to store content for additional services, should they become available in the future.

The Vudu XL also differs from the standard Vudu box by offering the capability to simultaneously output 1080i or 720p video over analog component outputs along with the standard HDMI output. This is normally a $100+ option, but all Vudu XL units purchased through Outlaw will be equipped with the XLS-1 software that makes this possible at no extra charge. In addition, the Vudu XL includes the capability to operate with IP-based control systems and many programmable IR remote controls, such as those from Pronto and Universal Remote.

The retail price of the Vudu XL is $999, but when you purchase it from Outlaw in combination with one of our processors or amplifiers, you get the package at considerable savings**.

To see all of the available packages and combo prices, click here...

But if this isn't enough, between now and June 30, 2009, a special Outlaw-only offer lets you double your money by buying a $1,000 account credit for purchases of Vudu content for only $500. This credit has no expiration date and provides you instant access to Vudu's growing library of more than 13,000 titles (over 1,300 of them in HD!) at what amounts to half-price purchases or rentals of the latest movies and TV shows. Just think what this type of instant*** access to pay-per-view content would cost you with any other service or device, and you will quickly see the tremendous value.

The Vudu XL set top is covered by our 30-day in-home audition policy, so you can try this incredible product in your own home theater. However, the half-price content credit package is non-refundable once you purchase it. Again, this special price is available only if you purchase a Vudu XL through Outlaw Audio. Due to our special arrangement with Vudu, existing Vudu owners are not eligible.

The combination pricing and promotional movie/content package with this unique product is only the start of great things to come from the Outlaws as part of our anniversary celebration. We have a number of new Outlaw-exclusive products in the pipeline for introduction throughout the year, and there will be more special partnership promotions.

We'll be keeping you informed as things move closer, but don't forget, particularly during our Tenth Anniversary year, "The best values in Home Theater are just a mouse click away".

Best Regards,
The Outlaws
There's also a page up on Outlaw's site with an introductory video , although it looks like others may have also noticed it as the rest of the main site appears to be a bit slow at the moment...

#18124 - 01/23/09 05:21 AM Re: Coming in January
butchgo Offline
Desperado

Loc: Southern Oregon coast
Again who gives a crap???
Where is the 997???????
Outlaw 7500 for LCR & L/R surrounds
1- Emotiva Mini X-A100 for rear surrounds
2- Outlaw LFM-1 EX subs
Oppo BDP-105 Blu-ray/DVD/SACD player
Outlaw LCR (Snell Labs) for center channel duty
Tekton Enzo XL L/R
4- Emotiva ERD-1s surround speakers
Monster HTS3600MKII power center

#18125 - 01/23/09 07:36 AM Re: Coming in January
akdrama Offline
Gunslinger

OK, so I am a bit skeptical...first this doesn't seem very "Outlawish." So, the deal is $100 off the XL box for a combo purchase, and free $100 software upgrade.

What's the compromise to owning a regular DVD (besides physical space)?

Can you use it simply for digital media storage device (I assume so, but didn't find the answer on the Vudu site?

This just seems like a convenience item...pardon my skepticism...I will have to wait for more information to come out. We are already getting charged an excessive amount to maintain HiDef cable. Call me cheap, I think it is too much. How hard is it to wait until the movie is on sale, or find it used at the local music store.

Is the memory expandability? Can you eventually go 2, 3, or 4 tera?

Ironically, I have been considering a media storage device to get free up the physical space that a DVD and CD collection takes up. Man, I would like just a good storage device, bang for the buck with some hardware flexibility. I don't need on demand, unless it is cheaper then cable.

Maybe I just need to be enlightened to newer technology...didn't think I'd ever hear myself say that.

So, someone, what is the big deal with this? And whose to say Vudu doesn't go out of business in a year.

AK

#18126 - 01/23/09 01:16 PM Re: Coming in January
rubbersoul Offline
Desperado

I too have been considering some sort of media storage.
I do think that the deal that the Outlaws are presenting is a great deal. Audio stores in my area who sell the VUDU do not offer any side dishes with the purchase.
However my draw-back from the VUDU then and now is the rental fees for movies. It seems that they are a little steep. $5.99? Purchase of a movie as high as $24.00. Ouch!

I currently have a imac from Apple and was thinking about buying a couple of external hardrives. One for music and movies.
I have a good friend who is a computer geek who would hook it up and after downloading movies and music on the imac I will be able to view them on my 100" diagonal screen via wireless.
Of course I already have the main component, the imac.
I get my rentals from Blockbusters. $32.00 a month unlimited rentals @ two movies a rental.

My cost should amount to no more than $500.00 for the setup. I am not sure about the logistics but I am seriously considering the above idea.

Unless for some reason I am unable to do the above why VUDU?
The cost of the movies from VUDU is my turnoff.
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Air-Server
Mac-Mini
ROON

#18127 - 01/23/09 01:18 PM Re: Coming in January
gonk Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Again who gives a crap???
Where is the 997???????
This thread was never going to be about the 997. And since I haven't seen any mention of Sherwood R-972's arriving at retail, it would be safe to say that the 997 is still be sitting in line behind the 972.
Quote:
OK, so I am a bit skeptical...first this doesn't seem very "Outlawish." So, the deal is $100 off the XL box for a combo purchase, and free $100 software upgrade.
And an option for a whole bunch of half-price credit. It's certainly different for Outlaw, but I can see there being a real market for it.

This offering is interesting, even if it may not really fit with my family's current movie-viewing habits. I poked around on Vudu's site a bit, and I can see where it could have some real appeal to people under the right circumstances. I'm something of a "physical media" type person - I get some songs off iTunes on occasion, but I still buy CD's as much or moreso than I download music. As such, I'm not terribly keen to build a library of downloaded movies, being more likely to rent or pick up a DVD/Blu-ray to keep on the shelf. On top of that, our schedules are such that we use the one-at-a-time Netflix service and still have to carve out time to watch those discs, so we're less likely to use an on-demand rental service. Even still, I can see how a wide array of good HD being available for spur of the moment movie choices could be very cool - especially if it does work "instantly" or close to it (unlike what some other systems like iTunes/AppleTV's rental setup, which I've tried a bit and found very underwhelming).
Quote:
Is the memory expandability? Can you eventually go 2, 3, or 4 tera?
There's a note in the VUDU XL manual indicating that they plan to add support for external NAS via a firmware update, which would let you go as big as you want to build an array.

#18128 - 01/23/09 02:27 PM Re: Coming in January
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Interesting. I'm sure a lot of folks will like this. I like the concept, but having just added a Bluray player, and joined BB online, I am content at the moment. I will have 4-5 Bluray rentals in my hands at once by Monday (already have 3) and need to figure out when I can watch them. Besides that, cost is a major driving factor. For $16.99/month I am getting all the movies I can watch. Like Gonk, I'm a hardware-in-my-hands type who likes the physical media aspect.

Best of luck Outlaw!

#18129 - 01/23/09 02:32 PM Re: Coming in January
RedSIinPA Offline
Gunslinger

oh well....congrats to Outlaw for expanding their horizons. I'm not particularly fired up for Vudu. The cost is a bit steep, all for the ability to spend more money. I'd rather just pick and choose my movies at the store. But that's me, to each his own.
Elite 50" / Aquos 32"
Squeezebox Radio

Stereo Setup:
NAD C326BEE (50Wx2)
B&W 685s
JL Fathom F112

#18130 - 01/23/09 04:38 PM Re: Coming in January
tkntz Offline
Gunslinger

Vudu is a great product for the right user. I think this is a major announcement for Outlaw Audio, but it is probably not for me. I have access to instant movies over my PS3 and have never used it once. I think that getting $1,000 worth of movie rentals for $500 makes the $5.99/movie fee a little more palatable and I believe those fees will come down as the competition heats up in this area. But I don't know how many people will drop $1,500 for video on demand.

I think the thing that strikes me most about this announcement is that it is not what I think of when I think of Outlaw Audio. I think of audio engineers producing great products. This announcement is a move toward being a pass-through retailer.

Quote:
While there are other Internet retailers that sell consumer electronics products, most of them are merely reselling the same merchandise that is commonly available through traditional sales channels. By contrast, Outlaw designs and manufactures its own brand of high performance audio/video components.
There is some uniqueness here, something only available from Outlaw, and I don't think this is a trend, but it is interesting nevertheless.

#18131 - 01/23/09 06:40 PM Re: Coming in January
E'pin Sen Ob Offline
Gunslinger

Interesting for sure but I think I will save my $ and put it toward a 997 when it becomes available. I like many here prefer the hands on approach when it comes to purchasing movies. I don't see much benefit to saving space while spending lots of cash to do it.

I would like to see just how good a picture and sound vudu has to offer in an actual system. If someone does buy this unit please let us know what you think of it when compared to BD.

#18132 - 01/23/09 10:07 PM Re: Coming in January
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

I have to agree that the VUDU is not what I was expecting. I was hoping for some news about the 997 and maybe a combo deal with an amp or maybe some speakers. Maybe when the market resolves itself I will think about the VUDU. Right now I need to spend my $$$ where I know Outlaws excell.

TV System

Home Theater System
Harmony ONE

#18133 - 01/24/09 03:52 AM Re: Coming in January
mdrconsult Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Austin, Texas
I think I am in agreement with several others here. Vudu sounds neat but it is not something I am interested in buying. I might have considered something more along the lines of a high quality media server where I could store my music and videos. I would be really interested in a server that could store my SACD, DVD-A, CD, DVD, and BD media and replay it with excellent audio/video quality. The ideal unit would be a combination of the new Oppo BDP-83 with a TB of storage and some good media server software to run it all. Oh yea, throw in the ability to serve the recorded bit streams across an IP connection to remote rooms with a small box that converts the IP encapsulated bit stream into an HDMI output to drive a remote system and now you have something I would be willing to spend my $$$ on!

And of course we would want that all with Outlaw quality and pricing!
Emotiva XMC-1, Outlaw 7500, Sonus Faber Olympica III Fronts, SF Liuto Center, SF Surrounds, LFM-1 EX, Oppo BDP-103D, Apple TV (Gen. 4), Mitsubishi 65" Diamond DLP, Outlaw Cables, PS Audio Power Quintet, Duet and power cords.

#18134 - 01/24/09 12:01 PM Re: Coming in January
og33 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: White Cloud, Michigan
Hopefully this will be a plus for Outlaw, but it's a bit of a disappointment for me. It's not something I'd choose to spend money on.
Panasonic BDP-45
Outlaw LFM-2

2 Channel:
Red Dragon M-500 monoblocks
BAT-VK3i
Salk HT-1TL's
Apple TV
Beresford 7520 DAC
Surgex XS10

#18135 - 01/24/09 07:51 PM Re: Coming in January
73Bruin Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by mdrconsult:
Oh yea, throw in the ability to serve the recorded bit streams across an IP connection to remote rooms with a small box that converts the IP encapsulated bit stream into an HDMI output to drive a remote system and now you have something I would be willing to spend my $$$ on!
This last part sounds like a video version of a Logitech Transporter, Squeezebox or Duet (in descending quality order). I agree that an Outlaw video (and audio) versions of one of these could be a real winner. Possibly even a partnership with Logitech who would seem to have a vested interest in a lower end, high volume product. If it had a reasonable sized flash hard drive, it could probably present hd video over an 802.11G wireless home network. This would be a great front end device for the 997 with its video processing chips.
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay

#18136 - 01/25/09 04:08 PM Re: Coming in January
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

The Outlaws were probably shocked on Jan 3 when TooManyHobbies put out his guess. How does the VUDU XL output to the 990? The product page has no Gallery shots of it so it's hard to judge what we would need to have in our systems to accomodate it. It may be perfect for the 997 with it HDMI inputs but not so great with DVI.

TV System

Home Theater System
Harmony ONE

#18137 - 01/25/09 04:46 PM Re: Coming in January
gonk Offline
Desperado

The rear panel shot shows optical and coaxial audio outputs and HDMI, component, composite, and s-video outputs. An HDMI-to-DVI cable and a digital audio cable would work just fine into the 990 - no more difficult than an HDMI DVD player or cable/satellite box.

#18138 - 01/25/09 04:47 PM Re: Coming in January
gonk Offline
Desperado

Oh, and this link will give you a rear panel shot of the VUDU XL.

#18139 - 01/27/09 04:02 AM Re: Coming in January
dvenardos Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by dvenardos:
No idea what the movie related product could be, but the four or five new outlaw products is very exciting.
Not to spoil the party, but hey what about the exciting stuff? smile

#18140 - 01/27/09 02:44 PM Re: Coming in January
tkntz Offline
Gunslinger

Give them time...it is only January!

#18141 - 02/05/09 09:14 PM Re: Coming in January
dvenardos Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Give them time...it is only January!
This is exactly why Outlaw has a no announcement policy.
I will be a good boy. smile

#18142 - 02/08/09 05:21 PM Re: Coming in January
Jim Hooper Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Warren, Mi.
I have to admit VUDU does sound good. No more Friday and Saturday night trips to the video store, only to find all the movies you want to rent are all rented out. However, I do have a question concerning VUDU. Does anyone know what features you get with XL, that do not come with the basic VUDU package? I know XL has a considerably greater amount of storage space, than the basic VUDU. Are there any other advantages that XL has over the basic, other than the ability to store more content? Also, in these depressed economic times- what happens if VUDU goes bankrupt?

#18143 - 02/08/09 08:35 PM Re: Coming in January
gonk Offline
Desperado

Based on Outlaw's original announcement, I see this tidbit:
Quote:
The Vudu XL also differs from the standard Vudu box by offering the capability to simultaneously output 1080i or 720p video over analog component outputs along with the standard HDMI output. This is normally a $100+ option, but all Vudu XL units purchased through Outlaw will be equipped with the XLS-1 software that makes this possible at no extra charge.
It sounds like the XL hardware adds this capability when used with the XLS-1 software, which Outlaw is including standard on the XL's they sell. I glanced at the VUDU site and saw a note in the FAQ's that the basic VUDU Box can only output 720p and higher resolutions via HDMI.

What happens if VUDU goes bankrupt? I don't know if there is an official answer to that - certainly the rental content would cease to work if their servers shut down, but one might presume that the purchased and downloaded movies already stored on the hard drive would be able to work indefinitely.

#18144 - 02/08/09 10:02 PM Re: Coming in January
Jim Hooper Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Warren, Mi.
So it would seem to me that if you have an HDMI equipped receiver and television, and are utilizing these connections, then the only benefit to XL would be the additional space on the hard drive. Is that a correct assumption?

#18145 - 02/08/09 10:18 PM Re: Coming in January
gonk Offline
Desperado

I'm no expert on this stuff, but that sounds reasonable.

#18146 - 02/10/09 11:54 PM Re: Coming in January
ryck Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: saratoga springs,ny,usa
Hey guys
Haven't posted in a long time.The Outlaw's are one of the best companies I have ever dealt with. Scott being a terrific help in all my purchase's,warranty and technical questions.
Scott called me because there will be a price change on the Vudu. He gave me a few options on what I could do with the difference in price. I took it in OUTLAW BUCKS. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse!!!! That makes the 997 a new addition to my home theater when it comes out. These guys and their company are great.
With that said, I just bought the Vudu XL with the additional movie credits. What closed the deal for me was the special offer from the Quick Draw email (no charge for the wireless kit).
The unit was shipped on a Friday, I received it on Saturday. I couldn't believe how fast it came.
For video, I hooked up the Vudu XL direct to my Sony KDF-60XS955 via HDMI (highest resolution on TV 1080i). For sound, I used an optical cable from the Vudu XL to my 990 processor.I also purchased the IR sensor so I could use my Harmony universal remote to operate the Vudu.
So far I have watched 3 movies. They were in HDX. It took about 4 hours(ea) to download with my internet connection. In HD or SD I could watch instantly. The movies looked and sounded great. I could not see a difference between watching movies on my PS3 in BLU-RAY or watching on the Vudu. The PS3 is hooked up to the 990, video- HDMI/DVI cable. Audio- Optical.
Movies cost between .99 to $5.99 depending on which format you rent. I haven't bought any movies yet, I haven't seen to many in HDX for purchase that I wanted. HDX would cost up to $19.99 ea.
One thing you can do is rent a movie and take the vudu with you and watch it on any ones TV. You have 30 days to watch the movie. Once you hit start to watch the movie you then have 24 hours to watch it before it's erased. Movies that are purchased are yours to keep and watch as many times as you want. Hope I gave some insight on this product and Kudos to Scott and the OUTLAWS. rick

#18147 - 02/11/09 07:37 PM Re: Coming in January
JasonA Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Marion, Iowa
Looks like Vudu just chopped the price of the XL in half... wonder if Outlaw will be adjusting their prices accordingly?

http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/vudu-hd-box

#18148 - 02/11/09 10:18 PM Re: Coming in January
gonk Offline
Desperado

Judging by ryck's post ("Scott called me because there will be a price change on the Vudu. He gave me a few options on what I could do with the difference in price.") I think the answer is "yes." And let me add, this strikes me as a very big deal - the sting of a $500 device like this is much less than that earlier four-figure number.

#18149 - 02/12/09 01:22 AM Re: Coming in January
ryck Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: saratoga springs,ny,usa
Gonk is correct. My point also was that Scott informed me of the price change and would give me credit for the difference in price or a much better deal taking it in outlaw bucks. This was after buying the product a few weeks ago. How many companies would do that? Besides great equipment their customer service is tops!!!!!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 130 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM