Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10
Topic Options
#18146 - 02/10/09 11:54 PM Re: Coming in January
ryck Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: saratoga springs,ny,usa
Hey guys
Haven't posted in a long time.The Outlaw's are one of the best companies I have ever dealt with. Scott being a terrific help in all my purchase's,warranty and technical questions.
Scott called me because there will be a price change on the Vudu. He gave me a few options on what I could do with the difference in price. I took it in OUTLAW BUCKS. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse!!!! That makes the 997 a new addition to my home theater when it comes out. These guys and their company are great.
With that said, I just bought the Vudu XL with the additional movie credits. What closed the deal for me was the special offer from the Quick Draw email (no charge for the wireless kit).
The unit was shipped on a Friday, I received it on Saturday. I couldn't believe how fast it came.
For video, I hooked up the Vudu XL direct to my Sony KDF-60XS955 via HDMI (highest resolution on TV 1080i). For sound, I used an optical cable from the Vudu XL to my 990 processor.I also purchased the IR sensor so I could use my Harmony universal remote to operate the Vudu.
So far I have watched 3 movies. They were in HDX. It took about 4 hours(ea) to download with my internet connection. In HD or SD I could watch instantly. The movies looked and sounded great. I could not see a difference between watching movies on my PS3 in BLU-RAY or watching on the Vudu. The PS3 is hooked up to the 990, video- HDMI/DVI cable. Audio- Optical.
Movies cost between .99 to $5.99 depending on which format you rent. I haven't bought any movies yet, I haven't seen to many in HDX for purchase that I wanted. HDX would cost up to $19.99 ea.
One thing you can do is rent a movie and take the vudu with you and watch it on any ones TV. You have 30 days to watch the movie. Once you hit start to watch the movie you then have 24 hours to watch it before it's erased. Movies that are purchased are yours to keep and watch as many times as you want. Hope I gave some insight on this product and Kudos to Scott and the OUTLAWS. rick

#18147 - 02/11/09 07:37 PM Re: Coming in January
JasonA Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Marion, Iowa
Looks like Vudu just chopped the price of the XL in half... wonder if Outlaw will be adjusting their prices accordingly?

http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/vudu-hd-box

#18148 - 02/11/09 10:18 PM Re: Coming in January
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Judging by ryck's post ("Scott called me because there will be a price change on the Vudu. He gave me a few options on what I could do with the difference in price.") I think the answer is "yes." And let me add, this strikes me as a very big deal - the sting of a $500 device like this is much less than that earlier four-figure number.

#18149 - 02/12/09 01:22 AM Re: Coming in January
ryck Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: saratoga springs,ny,usa
Gonk is correct. My point also was that Scott informed me of the price change and would give me credit for the difference in price or a much better deal taking it in outlaw bucks. This was after buying the product a few weeks ago. How many companies would do that? Besides great equipment their customer service is tops!!!!!

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10

Who's Online
0 registered (), 89 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM