Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#17653 - 05/21/08 03:56 AM Re: Hsu Research
Lizard King Offline
Desperado

Loc: NY
I use twin HSU VTF-2 MK2 subs. Their support is very good, just like outlaws. I have been helped by Pete, he even knows my Voice. I have been called by Dr. Hsu from his personal Cell phone.

Liz
HSU VTF-2 Mk2 sub x2
VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp
ARC SP16-L tube Preamp
Audio Note Dac 2.1 "B" signature
Furutech E-TP80,
Ascend HTM-200, 340C
Sony KDS-55A2020

#17654 - 05/21/08 05:23 PM Re: Hsu Research
Bill O Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Missouri
A public forum such as this is a tool not only to advertise for a product, but to air differences.
We as consumers put great trust in ID companies, we have no showroom to view a product. We go off what we read over the internet to base our buying decissions. Most off us can't afford to purchase multiple subs to do comparrisons, sending those back ( we eat the frieght ) that don't make the cut. I would say most who buy ID keep there product unless extremly disatisfied based on cost to ship back. The advantage goes to the ID company on this.
.A public airing of differences like this,gives us a better understanding of risk's and benifits of buying off the internet.
It is through this medium that I decide which product I will purchase, not from a publications review of a product.
It is a doubled edge sword with the advantage going to the consumer, as it should.

#17655 - 05/21/08 08:04 PM Re: Hsu Research
Pete_Hsu Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Hello fellow gunslingers,

I am happy to report that Eric and I have resolved everything in an amicable fashion, and we are ready to move on and learn from this experience. Thanks to Eric for being so considerate and thoughtful about this, and thanks to everyone for all the kind words and support.

Sincerely,

Pete
Hsu Research

#17656 - 05/21/08 09:43 PM Re: Hsu Research
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Thanks for the follow-up, Pete - very glad to see a resolution that is satisfactory to both parties.

#17657 - 05/22/08 12:35 PM Re: Hsu Research
Keta Offline
Desperado

Loc: Central VA
Eric are you satisfied with the outcome? Pete is satisfied but he wasn't the one with the original issue. Don't need details just confirmation the manufacturer stood behind their product.

#17658 - 05/23/08 04:03 AM Re: Hsu Research
ecniemann Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Greenfield, WI
Yes, I e-mailed Pete yesterday and told him I will keep the woofer sent to me.

I think most of the problem stemmed from mis-communication between tech support, Pete, and myself. I had one e-mail string with tech support when I had planned on purchasing a replacement before I knew it was still under warranty, but then had a separate conversation/e-mail string with Pete. Pete can verify, but I do not think he even knew about the e-mails with tech support. Regardless, we had both expected a new woofer sent from the last conversation I had with him before I received the replacement. When I called about receiving an apparently used woofer, Pete really did not know the reason it was sent, but I think he assumed it was partially due to cost and partially because it was the only OEM woofer they still had. It mostly came across to me though as a cost issue, re-inforced by the fact I was given no option to get a new woofer (non-OEM). That was where the conversation was left which is mostly what made me angry.

After e-mailing Pete the last few days and seeing his concern here, I do believe tech support was just trying to give me the closest thing possible to what I had originally. That and the fact that Pete did offer to send a new woofer if I wanted made me feel better. That was all I really wanted in the first place, was the choice. I was mostly irritated with the phone coversation, that went no where, when I called with concerns and also was obviously irritated about the woofer as well, but that snowballed after I did not like the reasons given to me why I received that instead of what I was told I should expect.

I did complement Hsu and Pete on the fact that their swift and passionate response, although somewhat upsetting to me at first, does show that Hsu does care about it's customers and about what others think and say about them. I told them they do have a very high BBB rating of (AA), and that the only other company I had ever filed a complaint on had a horrible rating (CCC), and it showed, beacuse that company could have cared less about my complaint. So I think we both learned from this. We are on good terms and Pete told me to call anytime if I have any problems with the replacement.

I do agree with Keta though who mentioned that the woofer probably should have been cleaned a bit more before being sent out. That may have made me feel less concerned when I opened it. Appearances always make a first impression, and despite it not changing how it works, I am just one of those people who likes things looking nice and clean.

Thanks to all those that read this and commented one way or the other. It is great to have a forum like this, not only for Outlaw specific products, but also to discuss other vendors that a lot of us use. Everyone's comments were very well thought out and stated. I frequent a car forum that is nothing like this, in fact the exact opposite. Mostly a lot of "kids" bashing everything. So this is very refreshing. Thanks again to everybody.

Eric

#17659 - 05/23/08 01:25 PM Re: Hsu Research
KOYAAN Offline
Desperado

Loc: Sanford NC
I'm glad things worked out Eric.
I'm pleased with the support that you got here. In dealing with internet merchants, the only real recourse we have is to each other.
I'm also pleased with Hsu's response. It makes me feel more comfortable about considering Hsu products in the future.
I think the lesson to be learned here is that when a customer feels that he has been poorly treated, he has.
Pioneer Elite DV-47A
Magnavox HDMR513h DVR/DVD-R
Sony DVD megachangers-2
Sony CD megachangers-2
Monster power centers-2
Sony 48" rear projection SDTV
Roku video player
JVC AL-A158 Turntable
Polk RT-2000s,CS-650,XS-650s,RT80s
LFM-1EX
Hsu VTF-1
12" Velodyne

Family room:
OPPO 970
Sony 32" direct view HDTV
Denon 3801
Rolk RMs

#17660 - 05/23/08 01:34 PM Re: Hsu Research
Keta Offline
Desperado

Loc: Central VA
Quote:
I think the lesson to be learned here is that when a customer feels that he has been poorly treated, he has.
Agreed

Nothing like a happy ending.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts