Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#17356 - 01/11/08 02:17 PM Format war sighting
ej Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fairview, TX
As many of you have probably heard by now, last Friday Warner Home Video unexpectedly and decisively announced that it would drop its support of the HD DVD format and release its movies solely on the rival Blu-ray High Def DVD format.

Is this the end of the format war? It's way too early to know for sure, but the announcement was certainly felt throughout the industry and it leaves only Universal and Paramount/Dreamworks as the two major studios releasing movies in HD DVD. Ultimately, much like the VHS/Betamax format war of the early 1980s, you, the consumer, will decide the fate of High Def DVD.

But it would appear, as we teased in our tagline, that Sony is one step closer to going 1-1 in the whole format war department. Regardless of the outcome, rest assured that we here at VideoETA will continue to support any and all formats ad infinitum.

On a completely different note, we apologize to those of you that were the unintended recipients of warning messages from our ezmlm program this week. The messages did originate from VideoETA, but they were never intended to be sent out and they are not malicious in nature. You can just delete them with no worries.

If you are receiving this email, you are on our list and we have no intention of taking you off, unless you ask us to. At which point, we will cry a little and then, with a heavy heart, we will honor your request.

John Couture
Senior Editor
VideoEta Weekly Update
www.videoeta.com
Panasonic AE900U
ML Aeon i
ML Cinema i
ML Descent
Monitor Audio Bronze
Panamax 5400-EX
Da-Lite 120" Fixed Screen
...and allot of goodies in between

EJ\'s Home Theater

#17357 - 01/11/08 03:31 PM Re: Format war sighting
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Yep, it's definitely looking interesting. We've got a decent little discussion of this going here .

#17358 - 02/25/08 04:25 PM Re: Format war sighting
97db Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: St. Louis MO.
I knew BR would win!!!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 161 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts