Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#16797 - 05/14/07 02:55 AM HE 2007 NYC - My time with the Outlaws - A must Read!!
Lizard King Offline
Desperado

Loc: NY
Greetings to all the outlaws owners, fans and to those who strive to learn more about the Outlaw Audio Company.

Let me get right to the point: The company and people, the service, policy, etc. at Outlaw Audio is the best I have ever have to pleasure to deal with.

I went to this show both on Saturday and Sunday. I live in NY in a suburb on Long Island. My mom passed away in 1990 so today was a good day for me to again, esp, since my good buddy Mark went with me.

I went yesterday and spent some time with Scott, Diane (CFO), Jonathan (an owner), Peter (President), Jayson, etc.

The time with these people really proved to me, why I and so proud to own some Outlaw Audio Products. Scott is great and has been so helpful to me as I had to wait for too long to get a system up.

Peter was the man who ran the demo next door and let me say this, WOW!!!!!!!! This demo had the new, not yet availabil top on the line Outlaw Audio Power amp which is rated at 300 Watts x 7 at 8 ohms!Also this demo had the latest, soon to be available Subwoofer.

A pro series projector, Lens and screen were used. The 990 Pre/Pro and a Sony Blu-Ray player and a bunch of Atlantic speakers. This room proved to be tough so Pete set up 4 new subs and used the movie Vertical Climbing. The scenes he played showed what home theatre is all about.

I spoke with Peter at lenght and enjoyed his friendly matter. He really was pleased when I told him I am "Lizard King" on the Saloon.

Outlaw Audio is a small company. I really was under the idea that Oulaw Audio was larger. The fact that they can make, sell and support their line of products makes me amazed.

Also new at the show was the bookshelf speakers which I really liked. They sound really nice, open and great tone. Move them out on to the floor and I feel they would image really well. I noticed two toggle switches on this speakers. They also showed a new center channel was was not hooked up yet alaso had the two toggle switches. The build quality on the bookshelf and center channels is very nice.

I was talking to Scott and told him I have said to some friends, esp Mark they they should take a gook luck at Outlaw Audo, esp the 1070. Scott told me the demo's were available for sale , first come, first serve basis. I picked up my cell phone, called and left my freind Mark a VM to call me ASAP. I even sent him a text message and said call. I told Scott I will come back tommorrow and try and bring Mark.

I was able to Reach Mark later on my trip back home and he agreed to Sunday and was pleased to hear the 1070 was available.

Sunday came around and Mark and I showed up and went to see the Outlaw room right away.

We talked with Scott who was really busy, Jayson and we learned more about what was available.

Mark is a great friend and we have been so helpful to each other over the years. I credit Mark with helping me put up this system. You will notice my posts when I talk about Mark.

Since I own a 1070 I use my knowledge and told him, this is too good a deal to pass up. Turns out he does buy a 1070 and a LFM-2 sub!

Not being at their home office, the sales and handled in a differnt matter. The CFO handled it and I was blown away by that!.

We had to come by around 5:30 to get them so we wet all around and saw exibits. I did return and Mark and I got another demo of the Movie which is the best theatre I have ever enjoyed.

I want you all to welcome my great friend mark to the Saloon. I bought from his his (now mine) Alon 2 MK2 speakers! I once sold him my old Bryston 4B power amp.

These demo products were in perfect shape. Turns out they were never used, they was there for the shows. My friend gets a great deal and now owns they best A/V receiver out them short of $2500 i know of. He alos gets a great sub which should be perfect for his room. Whitout me telling you numbers, let me say if I had not already owend a 1070 and sub I would have been jealous and gone nuts. Mark is buzzing and so am I.

Picture this scene, we pick up the two pieces fully boxed. Mark used strapping taspe. He then uses napkins to make a softer handle. We are lugging these through the Hotel, into a cab and then through Penn Station. The scene was one for the ages, a truly majestic moment.

Mark like me, is moving from tube separates to the 1070!

Own the LIRR we had the boxes on seats then at station , we walked to my jeep.

You know the old saying, "No pain, No gain."

I have had to really tough times dealing with Corporate America. Me time dealing with Outlaw is so nice, and it keeps getting better. Peter, as President, you had laid down a foundation that this Type A Native NY is so impressed I do not know all the words to use as accolaids!

Scott as Director of Sales (I do not like Salesmen normally), you make me proud to not only used and own Outlaw Audio, I love to tell people about the excellent support you give is peerless.

From the top down, the people at Outlaw Audi make this once nut case Audiophile so very glad I have altered my pursuits and now go for a more modern experience.

I will glady wait for the next generation of prodcuts from outlaw. I feel the HDMI 1.3 call for the decoding of the new HD Audio on Blu-Ray is what will cause the next version to be released.

To all who use Outlaw Audio, you already know what a great performance/value this Boston area company is. For you who read these forums yet do not own any products yet, I highly suggest you try them out. IMHO, you have nothing to lose and you have EVERYTHING to GAIN!

Keep a close look at this comapny for I feel they will push the envelope.

Feel feel to write me should you want to know more detail about the time spent and the experience with the sound.

Liz Out.
HSU VTF-2 Mk2 sub x2
VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp
ARC SP16-L tube Preamp
Audio Note Dac 2.1 "B" signature
Furutech E-TP80,
Ascend HTM-200, 340C
Sony KDS-55A2020

#16798 - 05/14/07 03:14 AM Re: HE 2007 NYC - My time with the Outlaws - A must Read!!
nomoneybutgoodsound Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mission,BC
That was very cool of you to share your experiences from the show. Wish I went, but too far for a spontaneous trip. It sounds like the guys/gals from Outlaw are not only great on the phone/web but approachable and easy going in person. I will have to make plans for a show, where Outlaw is an exhibitor.

#16799 - 05/14/07 03:46 PM Re: HE 2007 NYC - My time with the Outlaws - A must Read!!
psyprof1 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA
Lizardking, thanks for sharing your pleasure and enthusiasm with all of us. I'm in the same boat as NMBGS, CA being not much nearer to NY than BC - not to mention other commitments! But it reminds me of something else: Acoustic Research, the compact speaker pioneer, had a listening room at Grand Central Station back in the 50s - I mean, what's a half-century or two (well, maybe not that) among friends? Can you imagine a better idea for exposing your products to people with a few minutes on their hands? Now if only this could be done at, e.g., JFK or LAX . . .

#16800 - 05/14/07 04:17 PM Re: HE 2007 NYC - My time with the Outlaws - A must Read!!
garcianc2003 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington, DC
I was actually in NYC during the weekend. However, it being mother's day weekend and the fact that I was visiting my mom and three sisters, add the wife to the equation... talk about WAF overload! There was no way I could have sneaked out to the show. Now you are reeeeaaally making feel bad... thanks Lizarking!

#16801 - 05/15/07 07:31 PM Re: HE 2007 NYC - My time with the Outlaws - A must Read!!
AARONMADLER Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Needham, MA
Liz,

Even though I wasn't there, your detailed explanation makes it seem like I was.

Thank you,

Aaron

Outlaw 990, Aragon 8008X3, 8008, Denon 3930CI, Dahlquist DQ20, Outlaw LFM-1+, Paradigm Atom, Mtrola DCT3416 I

Who's Online
0 registered (), 92 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts