Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#16538 - 02/17/07 10:09 PM Re: My SACD Experience
Star113 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Gardena California
ej I to have recently caught the SACD DVD-A bug. My current favs are of course DSOTM Pink floyd and Come Away With Me, Norah Jones. Something in your post however caught my eye:
"After running through all modes, the music was more enjoyable in Upsampling". You are refering to CD?? I didn't think upsampling worked with SACD or DVD-A.

#16539 - 02/19/07 02:43 PM Re: My SACD Experience
Jeff Mackwood Offline
Desperado

A few random thoughts - from someone who has been doing SACD for a couple of years.

For stereo listening I doubt very much that there is any audible difference between "normal" and "SACD" tracks - on the same disc.

For older recordings that has be re-released on SACD (like much of the Stone's catalogue), the audible difference between it and the older reelases is due to the remastering.

That same remastering into multi-channel is what has impressed me the most about the format. I believe that I can hear an audible improvement in the surround channels - but since I've never set up to do a proper comparison, it is perhaps attributable to wishful thinking on my part.

My bottom line is that I can spend hours and hours in my main theater listening to remastered multi-channel SACDs.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 59 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts