Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#16216 - 09/11/06 12:41 AM apple airport express
billyTHEkid Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: PAP Haiti
hi guys,

I just added an apple airport express to my setup. This little thing is great. First of all, its an excelent router, print server, and relay. second you can daisy chain wirelessly several together to wirlessly sperad your internet all over your home. Best of all , it has a analog and spdif toslink audio output that works with itunes.
I connected it to my 990 and am really satisfied. you basicly set your itunes to play music through the airport and wirlessly you have music from your pc to your sound setup. If you have several around your house you can choose to which one or ones you want to output to or to all of them at the same time. Great for parties!!

when you think about all you get, the price is not that bad. A good router sells for $90. its big and ugly and is not a usb printer server and you can't play your music through it. At $125 the airport express is small disapears and does all of the above.

You can even transmit the internet radio stations through it.

#16217 - 10/01/06 12:39 PM Re: apple airport express
hoffer Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

You should also get airfoil if you are using an airport express. It allows you to stream other music programs (e.g. Rhapsopy, Yahoo Music, etc). I spend the $5 monthly charge for Yahoo, download tunes at 192kb/WMA to "My Music" for free, and play it back through my stereo (thereby listening to it at higher quality then through streaming). I'm also looking at geting Xitel's inport, which would allow me to record whatever I'm playing through Yahoo back to my hard drive.

#16218 - 10/05/06 01:33 PM Re: apple airport express
paladin Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Here's another little product that's really cool with airport express and iTunes. It's called Salling Clicker and is available for both Windows and Mac. It allows you to use your cell phone as a remote control (using Bluetooth) for your PC/Mac. You can actually browse your iTunes library from your phone. It is much better than any of the standalone iTunes remotes like iClick. You can evaluate for free but purchasing costs $23.95, which I think is worth it.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 133 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts